“Best food”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

Best prime rib best service took my gf good times will be back waitress jackie great . Food was fresh homemade .bill cain

Tony P, General Manager at Someplace Special, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

I would like to take a moment and thank you for your kind words on the Trip Advisor web site.
Your comments mean a lot to all of us here at Someplace Special.

Bill Byrnes
Someplace Special.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Prime Rib on Sundays- Shhhh! Don't spread it around. $17.50 for the massive cut, medium rare, like butter throughout- with my mashed taters, a nice tomatoey bean side, and for $2.50 extra, a large, well-chilled garden salad. My vinaigrette dressing was tart and sweet, well-balanced. The dessert I ordered (extra) was the home made "lemon drop" cheesecake... moist and a light frosting for just a hint of sweet. I live in Putnam and haven't reviewed anyone here until now, but others are VERY good. I may do 85 Main, also excellent. "Someplace Special" has always been my fave for gourmet pizza. The Tomato Basil with all fresh ingredients is heavenly. Its about the dough- not too crusty, not wimpy, either. It is the best pizza in America next to Dennisport, Ma. House of Pizza. (Yet to be reviewed by me). Someplace Special has many excellent entrees. I've tasted sea scallops and fried seafood. I like the fish offerings shipped in very fresh from nearby Stonington, Mystic-Noank, Ct., and other seaports within an hour's drive.

Tony P, Owner at Someplace Special, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your kind words and your business. I'm glad you've had great dining experiences at my restaurant and look forward to your future visits.

Thanks
Tony

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I haven't been there for quite sometime. Was pleasantly surprised at the renovations that were done. Its a real welcome change with the inside redone as well as the outside seating they added on.
The menu is quite nice and reasonably priced. We both had a delicious specialty salad and a drink. Highly recommended and will be back a gain soon !

1  Thank Luvinlife143
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We made reservations for 6:00p.m. We arrived about 10 minutes prior to our reservations and we were a party of 6. Our waitress was very unfriendly (took our order and mocked the way my mother in law ordered her burger). After waiting 35 minutes for our appetizers I had to yell to our waitress to get her attention as she did not even return to our table to refill our drinks or let us know what was going on with our apps. I called her over to ask for refills of our water and sodas and she returned with a pitcher of water and slammed it on the table for us to refill ourselves. Then said they were short staffed in the kitchen so our food was going to be a while. The apps finally came out 55 minutes after we ordered them. (We almost walked out at this point). Our waitress never gave us plates for our apps and never asked us if we needed any thing else. A half hour after that our food came out. At this point we could hear the chef in kitchen yelling and irritated. The waitress did finally come out and apologized for the wait. When we finally did get our food it was tasty and well presented. It's just a shame I wouldn't go back due to the poor customer service. They didn't even offer to take our appetizers off our bill for the extremely long wait. If there was a manager he or she didn't even come over to our table. There were a couple of other tables who walked out due to the slow service.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our meals - the service was great! We were driving up 395 and this restaurant came up so we thought we would give it a try. It fit the bill! The drinks were a nice size and the food was good.