“Driving Miss Daisy....a wonderful experience shared with my granddaughter!”

The Bradley Playhouse
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Putnam
More attraction details
Owner description: Vote Yankee Magazines 2016 Best Community Theater in New England, come see why we are THE place to visit in the Quiet Corner of Connecticut. Quality community theater providing 8 main season shows and numerous additional evenings of entertainment.
CT
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Driving Miss Daisy....a wonderful experience shared with my granddaughter!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

The Bradley Playhouse is a beautifully restored vaudeville theater, in a charming small town. The performance was wonderful, and the staff were all polite and helpful. The town of Putnam is a lovely place, offering a wide range of restaurants and shops to suit every taste and pocketbook. Take in a show at the Bradley, after exploring Putnam, and you will surely have a great time!

Visited May 2014

Yantic, Connecticut
“Driving Miss Daisy”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Not what I expected. Excellent acting with minimal props makes for reasonably priced tickets. It's hard to come by affordable theater in Connecticut. My husband and I were spoiled with theater when we lived near the finger lakes of NY. It's nice to have found a new playhouse to go to on a regular basis with reasonable prices. We love the theater and Bradley Theater did a wonderful job on their performance of Driving Miss Daisy! We will definitely be coming back, and the food nearby is excellent as well!

Visited April 2014
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

CTTraveler17, Public Relations Manager at The Bradley Playhouse, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Thank you for your review and your kind words! We pride ourselves on being able to offer quality theater at reasonable prices. We have been told that we may not always have the flashiest sets (although many of our shows sets are tremendous!) or the most spell binding special effects, but our shows do have a lot of "heart". We are passionate about theater and hopefully, it shows. We look forward to welcoming you back to the theater in the near future!
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing local talent!”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Plays at the Bradley never cease to amaze me of the entertainment quality. Brings back childhood memories when I would watch movies on rainy Saturday afternoons! Always enjoy a night out at the Bradley.

Thompson, Connecticut
“Female Version of The Odd Couple”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

excellent production, I went with my cousin and we laughed through the entire thing. everyone was great. loved it! I highly recommend this to anyone and everyone. the stage was set perfectly, the acting was fantastic and the playhouse renovations are superb. I can't say enough good things about this production. Go see this production.

Freedom, Maine
“the odd couple”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

the play was well acted and I shall certainly return to future productions. The theatre is very lovely...and there is always a very warm and sincere welcome from the staff