“Local Theater”

The Bradley Playhouse
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Putnam
More attraction details
Owner description: Vote Yankee Magazines 2016 Best Community Theater in New England, come see why we are THE place to visit in the Quiet Corner of Connecticut. Quality community theater providing 8 main season shows and numerous additional evenings of entertainment.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

The historic Bradley Playhouse features exceptional local talent throughout the year with a variety of venues. They do an exceptional job showcasing local talent and when hosting a musical the voices are always outstanding. This is local, unpaid talent at its best. The additonal of a new handicap ramp with also help wheelchair bound patrons. Seats and leg room are very comfortable.

TheBradleyPlayhouse, Public Relations Manager at The Bradley Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your review! We hope your grandson had an enjoyable time onstage and hope to see you at another show soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Attended the Bradley Playhouse to see my grandsons perform in Treasure Island. While the performance and script was somewhat choppy, having 50 kids perform in one small theater is no easy feat and this production was well done. The theater is small but very comfortable. Plenty of space between seats. Would not hesitate to go back for an adult performance. Staff and volunteers are friendly and very helpful. All in all, a very enjoyable experience

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have attended productions at Bradley Playhouse many times and have seen some very good talent but this performance of Cole Porter's "Anything Goes" was by far one the best. The acting and the voices were outstanding and the evening just flew by. The wonderful story and familiar music kept us laughing and hummng along. The lead actress was superb and could have given Ethel Merman a run for her money had she been back in the day.
The improvements to the theater were a pleasant surprise. Assigned seats and air conditioning made for very pleasant viewing.
Overall a fun evening and we will definitely be back. Looking forward to seeing the production of White Christmas in a few months.
Thank you Bradley Playhouse!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your review! We are extremely proud of the very talented individuals who work on stage and behind the scenes. We have renovated the theater since your last visit so I would urge you to come back and see the additional improvements we have made!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have lived in the area for about ten years, and had never visited the Bradley Playhouse. I assumed it would be mediocre community theater. I will admit that I was wrong! I was impressed by the level of talent, the interesting sets, and the quality of the musicians in the pit. My only negative comment would be that the seats lack leg room (everyone in my party agreed that this was a drawback). Also, on the way out the woman in front of us, who was using a walker, complained that the handicap ramp was too steep. Overall, I was pleased with the experience and I would definitely go again.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
TheBradleyPlayhouse, Guest Relations Manager at The Bradley Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thanks you for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the show. For guests who would like extra leg room, we suggest trying out any row except the front row of the balcony. You will find extra leg room in those seats.

We have been raising funds to replace the ramp and will soon start work on a handicap lift.

We appreciate your patronage and your suggestions and invite you to come back and see our progress!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friends took me to the Boxcar Children Museum in Putnam (which is well worth seeing for anyone who read the book while growing up--there is even a signed copy of the book on display in the museum, and the docent was wonderfully informative), and afterward we had lunch on the main drag in Putnam. Then one of my friends walked around the corner and discovered the Bradley Playhouse, and as it turned out, "Anything Goes" was going to begin in about three minutes! We bought tickets and took our seats in the first row of the balcony, and then we sat back to enjoy a wonderful unexpected find! None of us had ever seen a production of that show, which was delightful (not much of a plot but lots of good music). I noticed that "White Christmas" is scheduled for next winter. If I lived nearby, I would definitely go to see it, also.

TheBradleyPlayhouse, Public Relations Manager at The Bradley Playhouse, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. Putnam is a town of many surprises! We are proud to be a part of this wonderful community and are glad you enjoyed the show. If you are ever back in the area, we hope you will make a return visit!