“Truly special”

Dragonfly Ranch - Healing Arts Center
Ranked #3 of 6 Honaunau B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2011

If you require maid and room service I wouldn't read further...however if you are looking fora unique place to stay that is a reflection of the owner, beautiful inside and out, don't miss the opportunity to stay with Barbara at her Dragonfly. Some people may be intimidated by the concept of a "healing resort" but here, the healing comes from a laid back and friendly staff, a communal breakfast table filled with yummy healthy food, and comfortable rooms, with personal touches. Want to have dinner in, just let staff know and join them on the Lanai for a home cooked meal with your "instant family". Want to hike they will tell you where, want to swim with dolphins, the owner herself will take you there, see a sunset, or just simply hang out, there is no wrong way at this home away from home.

A few words about the rooms, we received the grand tour and each room comes with a stereo, disks, and outside shower! We stayed in the honeymoon suite which was secluded and quiet. The whole feel was very much like camping in luxury. There is a strong Eco sensitive sentiment here, but it is easy to respect why! While we were there we met the most interesting guests from all over the country, and were amazed at the diversity of the guests. People come here again and again and we will too.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ticker25

Reviewed December 6, 2010

The honeymoon room will be one I will remember forever - very peaceful and relaxed. Great hostess in a place that exudes relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Bluewhisker
Reviewed October 26, 2010

My children loved the Dragonfly ranch, they had so much fun with the animals and really enjoyed snorkeling at the bottom of the road. Barbara and the crew took care of our every need. The views from this location are so amazing, it really is one of the most beautiful places on the planet. I will definetly go back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Henry P
Reviewed October 9, 2010

The Dragonfly is the perfect place to relax, renew, rejuvenate. Barbara the owner is a gentle caring individual, can pamper you with her Lomi-Lomi massages, and she is so knowledgeable on alternative healing. I ate healthy, slept, read, relaxed, and had introspection time. The lush gardens and the labrynth looked like they jumped out of a picture. I'm already planning my next trip back!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BlissfulCarol
Reviewed October 6, 2010

I understand that some people had great experiences here and I think that's wonderful but unfortunately I wasn't one of them. My boyfriend of almost 2 years and I came here because I had been lost spiritually and hoped to heal.
However Barbara and her friends lavished compliments on my boyfriend while generally ignoring me unless it was to try and sell me something. Then 2 weeks after we left one of them sent my boyfriend an email telling him I wasn't good enough for him which shocked hurt and angered us both. What kind of "caring" and "nurturing" people would ever tell someone they weren't good enough to love? Barbara followed up with insane emails about how she'd seen this coming and don't worry I could come back to the ranch for half price. Of course we ignored them and are still just as in love today.
Even after being emotionally beaten senseless, the fun didn't stop, as we started being contacted by these organizations that had been tipped off by an anonymous caller that my boyfriend might like to make a donation. Apparently Barbara doesn't understand the concept of caller i.d. and had freely given out his personal information which is unprofessional beyond words. If you go here I hope you have fun but I wish to God I never did.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
10  Thank anonymous344
DragonflyRanchLady, Owner at Dragonfly Ranch - Healing Arts Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

Of all the guests who ever stayed here, this one saddens me the most. I am regretful of this lovely lady having her feelings so wounded due to miscommunication involving one other person she met here who sent an inappropriate email to her boyfriend regarding her "dream/nightmare" she experienced about this couples "break up".
Prior to that email, I was disappointed that this young woman told me that she could not afford to have an "Afternoon with Barbara" that I offered to do with her to help with her desire to find her spiritual path during her challenging Saturn Return. For that reason, I offered a free session to help determine her health issues. Unfortunately, she found a stay puppy that prevented her from taking advantage of this free gift. That drama ate up much of their time duing their short stay.
When this young lady wrote me about the "break up" email the other person sent to her boyfriend, I mistakenly understood that she was suffering from heartbreak over losing her boyfriend! WRONG. My offer to have her come here to mend her heart came from my heart responding to her pain as i felt sincere love for this very beautiful, talented, intelligent, authentic being.
The person who sent the "break up" email to the loving boyfriend, sent me a snap photo she took of a billboard for a church lecture called, "A Closed Mouth Gathers No Foot." Well, her mouth had a big foot in it and I got "Foot In Mouth" disease by contagin--for which I shall be forever regretful!
No amount of apology or attempt to rectify the situation ever helped.
I NEVER give guest email address out to any lists. Since this woman's boyfriend was interested in politics, I asked him if he knew about the website "Truth Out" that puts out the TRUE news. He said he did not know of it but said he would like to know. Because he wanted it, I asked Truth Out to send their news to him--(which is supported by readers who they tell about possible donatations--but no one needs to contribute to get the news).
Obviously, this was yet another mistake.
I wrote to this couple of my sorrow about the misunderstandings via email as well as my admiration for the strength and power of their tue love. I continue to send them my prayers as they work on remaining in a loving relationship.
Lesson learned.
The person who sent the "dream/nightmare break up" email (who is no longer here) learned a powerful lesson as well.
After all, we are all human and we make mistakes. I wish I could undo it!

Reviewed September 29, 2010

Our German/Swiss family of 6 wanted to rent the Dragonfly Cottage—which Barbara let go of before we arrived. So she offered to put us up at the Dragonfly Ranch B&B where we were reluctant to stay but we ended up falling in love with all the animals and people who live there. We immediately felt at home there. The Dragonfly team did so much for making our two week stay as pleasurable as possible. The last day we were there, Barbara convinced us to go to the ocean to see if the dolphins wanted to swim with us. She connected us with Matisha who took footage of us when the dolphins swim up close to us. It was amazing!
We feel so fulfilled with joy and gratitude about our vacation and we highly recommend the Dragonfly Ranch to others.
Priska, Matthias, MariaSophia, Wendelin, Rosana, Amadis

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mgauger
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My first visit to the Dragonfly Ranch was in 1984 and I've returned many times since. In June I had the pleasure of staying with my family including my 11 year old granddaughter. As always, Barbara and her staff were gracious and kind and went out of their way to make our trip a memorable one. Barbara even kept her beautiful Siamese kittens for some extra time so my granddaughter could enjoy all 5 of them. (According to her, it was the best part of her 2 week Hawaiian vacation.) The snorkeling was spectacular and our Ohana dinner feast lovingly prepared by Phoenix was out of this world. I'm so honored to be able to return again and again to this precious place and always enjoy every minute.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank susanlawton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Honaunau
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kailua-Kona
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel
Manago Hotel
Manago Hotel
#1 of 1 in Captain Cook
Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel
Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii

Been to Dragonfly Ranch - Healing Arts Center? Share your experiences!