“Best burger ever”

Cuisines: Hawaiian
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Best burger ever”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I am a hamburger expert - I travel a lot and had been a thing of mine to try to find the best burgers in whatever city I traveled. I gave up looking when I found there was none that could Kalama's in my own home town. Their specialty is the Kim Chee burger. The Kim Chee is chopped up and is more like a seasoning than a condiment. It seasons it perfectly. Of course the beef is fresh big island beef, and when you order it, they put it on the grill outside, like a backyard barbecue. I believe all the burgers are cooked this way. Friends and family who I have brought here tried the other burgers, but I never change my order. Everyone is always happy with whatever they order.

• Visited June 2013

Honalo
“The Best Shaved Ice, and a Lau Lau Burger, Yummy!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

You gotta go here and try the Lau Lau burger or Kim Chee burger. It takes a while to prepare but worth the wait. They also have some of the best shaved ice on the island. With almost every flavor you can think of. If you cant decide go with a rainbow shaved ice.

• Visited May 2013
omaha NE
“okay burger and BLT”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

It is your typical hamburger stand, we weren't wow'd by it, but the location was convenient when we were coming back from snorkeling. Fun, outside seating.

Visited April 2013
“Do not pass this place up!!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Don't pass this up thinking its just a shaved ice place. Order at the window and eat wherever you find a seat! Order the Amazing Eric Mahi Burger with jalapeños! It was like a dream! Add a side of Teri cheese fries and complete the gloriousness! I'm so sad I leave tomorrow otherwise is eat here again and again!

• Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great lunch and great shave ice! Mahi mahi burgers fresh and tasty. The shave ice is like eating a cloud. The servic isn't fast, because they are in the bck making it and it is a tiny staff, but a great stop on the way back from city of refuge or captain cook cove.

• Visited March 2013