“Great museum!”

and up
Private Marine Corps Tour in Washington DC
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Triangle
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Museum of the Marine Corps is a lasting tribute to U.S. Marines--past, present, and future. Situated on a 135-acre site adjacent to Marine Corps Base Quantico, Virginia, and under the command of Marine Corps University, the Museum's soaring design evokes the image of the flag-raisers of Iwo Jima and beckons visitors to this 120,000-square-foot structure. World-class interactive exhibits using the most innovative technology surround visitors with irreplaceable artifacts and immerse them in the sights and sounds of Marines in action. Admission and parking are always free.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stopped here because it was too late to drive into DC and visit a museum. This is a great museum - lots to see and do! Very educational! My fiance enjoyed himself, too, even though he is an Army vet. Very interactive place - great job with this place!

gwennadams, Public Relations Manager at National Museum of the Marine Corps, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I'm so glad you found the Museum! And I'm glad it was convenient for you, right off of I-95. Sometimes running late actually helps us find "hidden" gems. I'm not surprised that your fiance enjoyed the Museum because the story we tell usually inspires everyone. I hope you'll come back again and tell others about us.

All reviews
"second floor"
"dc area"
in 28 reviews

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Plan on spending some time here. There are so many things to see. Battlefield photograghs, many displays of actual items used in each conflict from rifles to canons and everything in between. It's a true history of the Marines and the soldiers who have been a part of it. There's even a helicopter and fighter planes in the main lobby. They even have a moving display you can participate in of the beach landing of Normandy. It's a great way to spend the day. And it's FREE!!

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about how great this place is, the exhibits are first class all the way. I wish I had more than two hours to spend here but I arrived at this free museum two hours before closing. The Vietnam exhibit was amazing and did a great job covering what a marine went through. It's a shame that this museum is not closer to the mall but if it was this gem would be overwhelmed because it was hands down the best Muesum in the DC area. Tuns Tavern serves great food and the bartender gives a great history lesson on the giant painting on the wall. I will be back one day and spend at least a half day. Check out the gift shop, lots of great items.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The Marine Corps Museum is the best museum to see. Of course I am slightly biased being a Marine. Definitly will go again