“Very pleasant stay”

Ramada Triangle/Quantico
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Triangle
“Very pleasant stay”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Found this by accident After being tired of being parked on I 95. Easy on/off highway, right across from Marine Corps Museum. Christian, at the front desk, was super nice and even had menus available for takeout since we were all so tired. Room clean and large, coffee, frig, and microwave in room. Breakfast AND Wifi free, which when factored in to total cost, very reasonable. AAA discount which Christian reminded me to use. Rooms clean. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
NC
Reviewed July 11, 2012

My cousin who owns a tour company in SC arranged for us to stay here on our way back home from NJ and the staff was very nice and helpful.We are in our 80's and they provided us with a nice handicap room.There was a very nice gentleman there who helped with our luggage as well.The breakfast was very good with alot of variety.We will stay here again next year when we return to NJ.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Delaware
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Stayed two nights for easy access to Quantico main gate and Marine Corps Museum. Easy access to museum. Found the room to be older and in need of renovation, but clean. We were out early the morning after check in and returned to room about 4pm. The room had never been cleaned and we did not receive any new towels and washcloths. We spoke with the girl at the desk who said that there were only two cleaning girls for the whole hotel and that the hotel was fairly full and that they were unable to clean all of the rooms. We got new towels and washcloths, but no real apology. We spoke with the manager the next day who was very apologetic. Would think about staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 13, 2012

A fairly big room, especially considering there was a king size bed. Plenty of room to move around. Fairly large desk area, and even a bar fridge (with freezer) and a microwave! Check-in was efficient & friendly. Patio doors out to a patio & connecting to the pool. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised. We weren't expecting breakfast, but they offer make-your-own waffles, bagles, pastries, yogurt & fruit. It's a little confusing getting in to the hotel property, but nonetheless very conveniently located right off the I95 (but not so close as to be noisy)

We were visiting Manassas and although this wasn't the closest option, it was the best deal. I'd definitely stay here agian on a subsequent visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night because it is very close to the National Museum of the Marine Corps. Next time, I'll sacrifice the location and drive 10 minutes up the road for a better experience.

The hotel was dated, the rooms/hallway had a peculiar odor, and the staff wasn't very friendly. The price for a regular room was $129! Twice what the room should've cost.

My biggest issue was dealing with the front desk and paying. I paid for the room in full with cash upon check in. I understand that the hotel still needs a credit card number in case you incur extra charges, etc. But I specifically stated 3 times to the desk clerk, "I've paid cash in full, you're not going to charge my card right?" "No sir, no sir"
An hour later I get an alert on my phone - account overdrawn: Ramada Inn.
Go to the front desk and got a little attitude from the same guy who tells me, "No sir, we did not charge your card. It'll reverse itself within 24 hours."
Got back from vacation a week later and still had a $129 debit on top of paying $129 cash. Overdraft fees on top of it. Numerous calls to my bank (who helped me unlike Ramada Inn) and finally OVER A WEEK later, my bank issues were straightened out.
All that hassle for a cruddy night and a mediocre breakfast at a Ramada Inn that smelled like poo. Never again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim510ohio

Travelers are raving about these Triangle hotels

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Where do I start! This hotel didn't meet any of my expections! First off it took forever to get to Washington D.C. so it was a pain if you are planning to go down D.C. for the day. The worse thing was that when I was taking a shower there were spiders crawling up the drain!! Also, the people next door had to evacuate their room because there were some mysterious bugs crawling all over it! Don't let me forget the wasp that was in our room and the blood stains! I would NEVER recomend this hotel to anybody!! It grossed me out in every way possible! Oh and the maid took 3 granola bars and who knows what else from the room.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank fashionista101
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice outdoor pool, very friendly front desk and breakfast staff. Better than average breakfast offerings.

Room Tip: Ask for main building