“worth the stop”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Nothing extra special, but good solid food. we had breakfast and food was good, service was pleasant. worth a stop.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My goodness, a meal that will remind you of home. "Old fashioned" beef sandwiches, and great home cooking. There are no short cuts in their preparation, the ingredients are fresh and the portions huge. I recommend sharing a portion so you can enjoy their luscious baked goods. I am definitely going back!

1  Thank jpociengel
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We ate here for breakfast... the food was good, but the service was horrible! We sat at a table for 10 minutes before our waitress even came with the menu. She never came back to ask if we needed anything else, just dropped off the check. Maybe she was having a bad day?

1  Thank Dibella32
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My fiance and I stopped here on the way back from S.F, Sd. to Marshall. He had seen the place many times and has always heard the commercials on the radio about this place and so we decided to give it a try. Well first off, I ordered the Two piece beer battered cod dinner, it came with a salad, a potato choice and a bread choice. My fiance ordered the Chicken Alfredo and asked if the chef cook cube his chicken so it would be easier to eat. about 20 minutes later our food arrived. First his chicken was cut into slices ok fine, He can cut the rest himself. Then when I looked at mine, I had some dried up hunk of baked fish on my plate. I told my server that is not what I ordered and reminded her what it was suppose to be. First she tried to argue that yes that was the two pieces of battered fried cod. I told her that I didnt want what was on my plate so then she takes it to the back. A few minutes later she returns and says,"oops my bad" and leaves me the plate with my potatoes on it. She tells me the other will be out soon. Well about 20 minutes later, she returns with a plate with 2 dark brown almost black pieces of fish. I told her that they were not edible. And told her forget it. At this point I am not hungry anymore and kinda mad that they dont know how to cook something as simple a a piece of fish. So here is what really angers me, No Manager at that point had come over to apologize for their mistakes and when she brought us the bill she charged me for the salad I had gotten, the bun and the potato. At that point I called over the Manager had come over,[A very poor excuse of one I might add] and she tells me well we have to charge you that because you ate the food..She said Steve requires them to do that. So what I want to understand is?? What happen to customer service? What happen to making sure the customer is happy?? They screwed up my order two times and yet they expected me to pay for it.. I understand that this place has been around for many years but I think if they continue with this BS doors will be closing in the future..I know we will never return here and we will also make sure to warn others to go someplace else..Oh and I really do wish I would have taken a picture of the cod..I have never in my life seen food cooked that poorly!

3  Thank thehkb
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My recent visit this morning ... and a look at the check.. brought my attention to a 15% tip added to the bill, when asked to remove it .. IMMEDIATELY I GOT THREATENED THAT THE COPS WOULD BE CALLED!! Excuse me.. where in the State Law (or Federal) does it say that I am REQUIRED to pay a TIP? There is none. A tip is an item above, separate and beyond the REQUIRED costs; that of the food(s), Drink(s) and TAXES. I was told that STEVE said to add it WELL STEVE.. tell me where it is required other than it appears - you are greedy!

2  Thank Wolf634