“Great service & staff”

Historic Calumet Inn Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Pipestone
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fun, Fresh, Friendly! We take pride in the fresh and homemade flavors of our midwest soul food. Join us for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and choose from a great wine and beer selection!
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Vanda and her staff at the Calumet do a great job of taking care of you. We have had many of the items on the menu but the Oriental chicken salad is one of my favorites especially if Chris the head chief is cooking. We look forward to another chief from the Seattle area joining the group. If there is ever a problem with anything Vanda or her staff will make it right. We are local & frequent dinners at the Calumet and they are making every effort to bring the historic inn back to her glory. Come and give them a try, you'll be glad you did!!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed over Labor Day weekend and enjoyed it! The steaks were great, the staff friendly and accomodating. Vanda stayed over after her shift to fix my husband a fish basket. We really enjoyed the Ghost Walk tour, which included the Calumet. The Calumet is also close to Pipestone National Monument. Very pleasant stay!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

You will not be disappointed in your choice of the Cranberry Chicken Salad, Wild Rice Soup or the Reuben Sandwich at the Calumet!! We wanted a dining venue not featuring the usual cuisine so we chose the Calumet. My Cranberry Chicken Salad was tasty with the addition of toasted walnuts and gorgonzola cheese. The raspberry vinaigrette dressing was just perfect. Yum! The Wild Rice Soup was rich with wild rice, chicken, pecans and a "special ingredient". It reminded me of a famous recipe from a noted dining location in downtown Minneapolis. Try the Reuben sandwich! Tender meat and just the right additions. We are "foodies" so we appreciate the special touches!!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Having dinner in this old hotel was an nice experience. The food was good. Not large portions. While having dinner with friends we had a nice cove with much privacy. The baby back ribs I had were good but I wished I had a couple more.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at the hotel and had dinner at the restaurant. I had a filet mignon and mashed potatoes. The steak was very over done. They brought a new steak cooked perfectly but my dining companions were done by the time I got mine. Overall everyone loved their food but the best part were the cocktails and the interesting bartender. I would not make a special trip to eat here again but if I was in the area I would go back.