“Lovely spot!”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Pipestone
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had booked a room here as part of a family vacation to several national parks, including Pipestone. We got in really late, and were very pleased with the staff and accommodation. It was clean, spacious, a very nice room, and a nice breakfast in the morning. We were only sad that we did not have more time to enjoy the facility before moving on to our next stop.

Room Tip: King suite was awesome!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, and that you were pleased with the staff and the room. Please come back and see us again soon, but please stay longer next time!

There are newer reviews for GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We were in Pipestone, Minnesota for a funeral and did not know the area. We made reservations at the Crossings by Grandstay and were VERY pleased. This is, by far, the nicest and CLEANEST hotel at which I have ever stayed. The staff was extremely friendly, helpful and happy. If all Grandstay hotels are as well cared for and accommodating as the Crossings in Pipestone, I have a new favorite hotel chain. I highly recommend this hotel if you are staying anywhere near Pipestone, Minnesota.

Room Tip: We were traveling with two small dogs so the "pet room" on the lower level was very conven...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you Carol for your kind words about our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our nice clean hotel, and that the staff was very friendly. We pride ourselves on giving #1 customer service. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I travel a lot for business and consider Hilton Garden, Courtyard. Staybridge hard to beat for middle of the road value and consistency. I'd also prefer to camp in a tent than stay in a Super 8, Value Inn, StayInn or low cost brand.

When my wife told me we were stayng in a Staybridge in Pipestone, I thought, "No worries". When I learned on the way down it wasn't Staybridge but Crossings by Grand Stay, I thought "Ruh Roh Rastro!".

Well. much to my surprise, The Crossings by Grand Stay is extremely new and nice. Service, rooms, value, quality all very good. Mike at the front desk provides a 5 star welcome and service. We almost fought over who carried my bags to the room :-). Mike won. The only issue was the electric fireplace and flat panel kept tripping the circuit. No big deal. I didnt report it until we checked out.

I'd recommend Crossing at Grand Stay Pipestone to anyone traveling to the area who respects fellow guests, a good property and doesnt behave like a rock star on tour when staying in a hotel. Kudos to the Team running this joint and the owners. PS I "heard" the radio station and approve ;-). Peace!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
SheilaSommers, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Thank you for your great comments and I appreciate hearing that my night audit, Mike "WON!" He is a great asset to the Crossings. We pride ourselves on being "home town nice". Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here because we were in town for a wedding and it was really nice. We stayed for two nights and for the stay relaxing. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful as well as polite. They have relaxing music playing in the lobby which is nice instead of an awkward silence like some hotels. The pool and hot-tub were a good size and well maintained. Our room was pretty nice for the price we paid. The walls are fairly dense to seeing as how we couldn't hear too much outside when we were in the room with the door shut. The continental breakfast was pretty good as well with a surprisingly large amount of options. The only real complaint I have is the lack of an elevator. The only reason this is a concern is because most of my family was staying here from out of town as well and they had a hard time with all the stairs.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
SheilaSommers, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and thank you for your kind words. We would love for you to come and stay with us again.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel was very nice. The hotub was not so hot, but I reported to the Front Desk & they said it would be fixed by morning --- I've heard that before. True to their word. Next morning at 6 a.m. It was hot and working fine.

Should have gone to the local diner, but on recommend of front desk went to local pizza hut ---- poor service there.

Room Tip: AC was great in our room Quiet & effective.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I love reading comments from our guests that when they have an issue or a concern and bring it to my staff, that they are following through on it. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great comment. Please come and stay with us again!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Crossings in Pipestone. The complimentary breakfast and coffee were like an at "Home Breakfast". The beds were clean and confortable for a good night's sleep and rooms quiet. The staff and manager were courteous, helpful and friendly. We would recommend the Pipestone Crossing for anyone staying in the area.
Thanks,
Bill & Carol H

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the first floor. There was no elevator. For seniors to carry luggage up the steps...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

I pride myself on my friendly and helpful staff. I want all my guests to feel like home. Thank you for taking the time to share with us how your stay was.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

This was the second time our family has stayed at this property. It still looks brand new. Breakfast is very good. It is a nice place for families. The other two lodging options in this town pale in comparison

• Stayed: September 2012
sheilaPipestone_Mn, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad to hear that this was a return visit to the Crossings. We look forward to seeing you again.
"May all who enter as guests, leave as friends"

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pipestone
Americas Best Value Inn - Pipestone
#1 of 1 in Dell Rapids
Historic Calumet Inn
Historic Calumet Inn
#1 of 1 in Pipestone

Been to GrandStay Hotel & Suites Pipestone? Share your experiences!