“A little tired”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #68 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 21, 2007

This hotel is good for a one night stay and if you're not going to be in the room very long. First room I was given smelled. I was afraid it would permeate my clothing and asked to be moved. Second room smelled better, but was on highway side and noisy. Bathrooms in need of updating. No extra blankets for bed.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business

Reviewed June 20, 2007

This hotel was okay for one night. We did have a three night reservation and checked out early. The walls are paper thin, the toilet didn't work, and the room reeked of smoke despite the non smoking policy. The beds weren't very comfortable either.

In my opinion the hotel is overpriced.

Stayed: November 2006
1  Thank tonyk81
Reviewed May 14, 2007

We stayed one night at this hotel because we flew into ABQ so late in the evening. I haven't stayed in a Fairfield in years, and so I wasn't expecting anything out of the ordinary. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by the pillows and sheets on the bed. Not your typical 200 poly/cotton scratchy sheets you would normally find in a low-budget hotel.

If you need to stay one night near the hotel, this hotel works.

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank havanahipster
Reviewed April 1, 2007

I always stay here when I travel to Albuquerque. The hotel is clean, offers free breakfast and there is an Applebees (this is the only time I eat at one) in the parking lot. I normally am in ABQ for 1 night at a time so I am looking for a convient place to stay, and this is it. I have never had any problems with this hotel at all. The rooms are basic but all I need is a place to stay. I would recommend the Courtyard (nextdoor) if you are staying any longer than a night

• Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank baseballfan53
Reviewed February 22, 2007

Not exactly what I was expecting based on other stays at Fairfield Inns. My room reeked of cigarette smoke, contrary to Marriott's much touted worldwide non-smoking policy. Obviously this room had not yet been cleaned and upgraded to the new standard. Filthy windows that I could barely see out of. Uncomfortable mattress with thin sheet and bedspread. I could have used a blanket for additional warmth but none were available in the closet or drawers. Bathroom tired and in need of refurbishment. Paper thin walls and you could hear every footstep from the floor above. OK for the price I paid on the weekend but there are other more acceptable options in the area.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2006

I really have no complaints, it was an average room, clean, no problems, but nothing to "wow" me either. The pool / fitness area was quite large, but the spa needed a good cleaning. The sauna was nice and clean as well. Great breakfast, lots of choices, hot and cold, and they even had soy milk for me or my coffee. Nice touch. I'd go back if I am ever in town again.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Ms. Christina
Reviewed October 5, 2006

My coworker and I stayed at this hotel for one week. Because of a conference, the only rooms available were the suites. The beds were comfortable, but the wireless internet did not work - I think I had a bad cable or it wasn't wired properly because I've never had a problem at other hotels. Plus, the cable was located behind the sofa and not by the desk, which does not make sense. I didn't have a tv remote the first two days and when a remote was provided, only the volume functions worked. The room next to me was a smoker, so the entire hallway smelled like smoke. The smoke in my room didn't seem too bad until I got home and smelled by clothes. Breakfast was decent, but crowded.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business