“It keeps getting beter and better”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #65 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 10, 2014

The people at the front desk are exceptionally helpful. They make every visit a special time. The rooms are clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast is always good. For a good value and a pleasant trip, the Fairfield Inn and Suites Albuquerque Airport has always been a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Dear Mr. jrlank:
Thank you for your kind words and review of our hotel - the Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport. I am glad to hear that our hotel is exceeding your expectations! We strive for excellence - not only in our rooms but also with our service.
We appreciate you choosing our hotel when you come to Albuquerque and we look forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next reservation.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Room was very clean and comfortable. Staff very pleasant. Distance from I25 was less than we thought but very convenient for our continued travel down I25. Good breakfast and good value for the price. Applebee's very close.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Eugene L:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - the Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport. We appreciate guests that have the opportunity to experience the value that we offer. I am glad to hear that our proximity to Interstate 25 was convenient for your travel - we are fortunate to only be less than 5 minutes driving time.
You mentioned Applebee's - as it is located in our parking lot; you may also want to try Fuddrucker's, Dion's, Buffalo Wild Wings and Quarters. They are all located within blocks of the hotel and all offer great food at great prices!
Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights while visiting UNM. Received great special UNM recruitment rate. Room and hotel were clean. Had a very nice outdoor pool. But room was relatively small for our family of 5. With rollout bed there was no room to walk, bathroom vanity was small, table small, everything condensed, and no fridge which all other Fairfields I've stayed in do have. If there are only 1-3 in your room, you will probably be ok. Otherwise we had what we needed. Internet worked ok, showers were fine, and no noise problems. Breakfast was a bit crowded, but we found a table and there was enough food. This hotel is close to airport, ok for access to university, but not great if you want the old town area. Service was friendly. For the rate I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear SunnyMom:
Thank you for your time and review on our hotel - the Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport. I'm glad to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of our Complimentary Deluxe Continental breakfast! You mentioned that you were lacking space in your room, for your next stay I would definately recommend one of our suites! The suites do offer a refrigerator and you can also add a standard room that will connect - this will offer you a living room between your sleeping areas for added privacy.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next reservation.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

I've been a loyal Marriott customer for 30 years and this loyalty is based on basic expectations. This hotel ranks just below one where there was something unspeakable on the dirty towel hung up as if it were a pristine towel in my room upon arrival. This hotel was not kept air conditioned and therefore it was quite unpleasant - the hallways were hot, my room was hot and when I mentioned this to the front desk, the young man behind the counter DEFENDED the temperature saying the weather fluctuated and PERHAPS the AC was turned off and not monitored when it became warm again. Seems to me, that should be someone's JOB. When I told him my room was hot and inquired why, I was told they were saving energy. I explained to him that they KNEW I was coming and that with Marriott, there is an expectation that my room would be the proper temperature upon arrival....no good answer to that. If I want to come into a hot hotel room, I will stay at a Motel 6 and pay a much reduced price....I hope this is not the new Marriott policy or I will be switching brands.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Traveldiva36

Dear traveldiva36:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your experience - my most sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I apologize that the temperature upon your arrival was not comfortable and further that we did not respond appropriately. Our goal with every guest is to provide clean accommodations and exceed every expectation but we realize that there are times when we will fall short of this goal.
I would like the opportunity to make this right with you; please contact me directly. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. Again, our most sincere apology.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Stayed two nights at this hotel on Aug 1st and 2nd. The room was clean and nicely taken care of. The usual amenotie weren't provides, like cream rise or
Lotion. Had to chase it down. The free breakfast was terrible. The room was not kept clean. There was spilled food on the floor, too manyeople for the small room, and the hot food was quite awful. The eggs were likely powdered, the everything else followed suit. It was so NAD that the second day we went somewhere else. Shame on you Marriott!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank jeri126

Dear jeri126:
We want to extend our most sincere apology for the disappointment we caused in our failure to provide an excellent room and service. I would like the opportunity to make this right with you; please contact me directly.
We would like another chance to win your loyalty - please do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The check-in was painfully slow, and the room was nothing to get excited about (a step above a Motel 6). The breakfast was pretty good considering it was included in the price. I was expecting a little nicer coming from a Marriott hotel chain.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Eric M

Dear Eric M:
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel - the Fairfield Inn & Suites ABQ Airport. I am sorry that we did not exceed your expectations upon arrival; thank you for sharing your comments regarding the check-in process. I will definately look into the situation and see where we could improve the efficiency of our process.
We would like another opportunity to win your loyalty; if you find yourself coming to Albuquerque again in the near future please contact me directly for a reservation.

Tami J. Scott -GM

Reviewed July 28, 2014

This was the worst Marriott Hotel that we have visited. The service was okay, but not superb. Our room was sub-standard for a Marriott. Our bed sheets had a stain on them and our phone did not work, so we had to go downstairs to the front desk to let them know and have everything changed. It is very hot in the hallways as the small air conditioning unit at the end of the hallway is used to cool their entire hallway. Also, these hallways smelled. The front desk told us what we would be charged and it was different than the price we reserved for the room. However, the maintenance person and continental breakfast food serviceperson were very kind.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank AHotelReviewer2014

Dear Ahotelreviewer2014:
My most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during your most recent visit. We have looked into the issues you described with the air conditioning on the guest floors and my apologies for your discomfort.
I was glad to hear the our maintenance staff and our breakfast attendant were friendly and accommodating.
We appreciate your feedback and we will use these comments to improve our overall facility as well as our service.