Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn Airport(Albuquerque)
View Hotel
All reviewsalbuquerque airportapplebee's restaurantparking lotroom was cleanfree breakfastrental carthe breakfast areawafflesfront desk staffnew mexiconext morningan upgradewaffle makervery nice hotelan early flightconvenient locationwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have a general complaint about hotels that I'll air here as it's the third time in a row it's happened, at three different brands. Maybe some day we'll be able to select our rooms when we book online, just like we do for airplane and theatre seats. But for now, all we can do is express preferences in the notes and hope for the best. A clerk then makes the assignments. Not rocket science, yet half the time or more it seems like they didn't bother to read the request and just assigned a random room, or filled only part of what was asked. Now we always ask at check-in and almost always they can assign another room that fulfills our preferences. So why not do that in the first place?

In this case, we asked for a quiet room, away from the elevator and ice machine, on the top floor. We were assigned a room on a lower floor. This was changed immediately when we asked at check-in. We went to the room and everything seemed fine, but the next morning we were awakened early by incessant loud traffic noise. (Didn't notice the night before as we arrived late and things were quiet.) The room faced a busy street nearby. The rooms on the other side faced a quiet parking lot, which would have been perfect. What part of "quiet room" was so hard to understand?

The hotel itself was okay. Big room, but a lot of empty space. Could easily have put in a couch instead of the chair. And/or bigger night tables. Similarily, lots of empty space by the elevator/ice machine/laundry. Could have put in a table for folding laundry. The wired internet didn't work, but the wireless was fine, though I sometimes wound up connecting via one of the other hotels in the area.
Breakfast was the usual Fairfield, though the attendant spent most of her time hidden in the back somewhere (on all three mornings), leaving guests to clean tables. One morning we saw her just as we arrived, dealing with a full garbage by simply pushing it down. She then disappeared and didn't return the whole time we were there. (To be fair, the area was properly stocked.) Management underestimates the importance of the breakfast attendant. Note how people comment on the frendliness of the front counter staff and the shuttle driver. People are important. A smile and friendly greeting first thing in the morning can really help your day get off to a good start.

Apart from that, the place was okay. But we'd probably choose one of the others in the area next time.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms are quiet; odds are noisy
1  Thank Lucky_Eddie
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Lucky Eddie -
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I was disappointed to hear that you did not receive the quiet room that you had requested and we do put a lot of effort into honoring requests. At times, the occupancy of the hotel may prevent us from honoring every request but we do place a lot of importance on these and do our best to place you in the best room. Also during the course of the day, if there are cancellations or early checkouts that will also change the availability of rooms which is why sometimes a gentle reminder at check-in can again ensure that we place you into the best room available.
As far as your breakfast experience - we know that having generous and varied breakfast is important but MORE importantly an attentive, welcoming breakfast attendant is key to starting your day!! We will correct this immediately and I again, appreciate your feedback regarding your experience to assist us in exceeding all of our guests' expectations!
Please reach out to me directly when you are coming back to Albuquerque; we would love to have another opportunity to win your loyalty. You can contact me at 505-349-2411. Thank you again for your feedback and my most sincere apology for not exceeding your expectations; but I am confident that when you come back to Fairfield Inn & Suites Airport - you will be pleased with our improvements!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is definitely worthy of the Marriott name being attached to it. The lobby and room was clean and comfortable, and I was cheerfully given an upgrade in light of my Marriott Rewards status.

The night auditor knew what she was doing, as she handled the relatively rare request by another guest to pay cash for the room deposit seamlessly. She also had no problem in processing my deposit on a credit card other than the one I had used for the reservation.

Another benefit of the hotel is the free airport shuttle. Though it does not operate after midnight, the hotel's proximity to the airport means that you will not have to wait too long for the shuttle to arrive.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MSNDL

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and share your most recent experience! We pride ourselves on our convenient shuttle service and I was glad to hear that it enhanced your stay! I was very pleased that our Night Audit staff was helpful and knowledgeable - we often receive comments regarding their outstanding service.

We look forward to your next stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Airport - please do not hesitate to contact me directly to make your next reservation. You can reach me at 505-349-2411. We appreciate your patronage.
Most Sincerely,
Tami J. Scott, GM

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed in room 405 (handicap accessible) for one night before flying out of Albuquerque airport. As mentioned in previous reviews, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The shuttle drivers are particularly nice and are extremely prompt.

The room is standard for a Fairfield Inn and we found it very clean with a comfortable king size bed. They provide extra blankets and pillows as well as free Wi-Fi and a flat screen tv. The free shuttle was excellent and enabled us to drop off our rental car the night before our flight which saved time the next morning as well as money. The breakfast was good and started early which is nice for those flying out first thing in the morning. It was also a good value as we paid $66 AAA rate booked through the Fairfield Inn website. It does have a small outdoor pool.

My only knock is if there is a connecting door in the room it does let through noise. The door was shut and locked but we could hear the next door neighbors sneezing and talking in the morning.

We were very pleased with the hotel and would definitely stay here again if we are in Albuquerque again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 4th (top) floor away from the elevator. Nice and quiet!
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here in late September '13 for an early morning flight the next day. The hotel is less than five minutes from the main terminal and car rental facility. There is a shuttle to the airport starting early in the morning at about 15 minute interval. They also picked me up from the car rental location after I dropped-off my car the night before. This was very useful since it saved me at least half an hour in the mroning before catching the flight. To get the shuttle, all I had to do was call the hotel from the car rental place and the shuttle showed up within 10 minutes! The included breakfast (serial, muffin, fruit, etc.) was adaquate. The room was very large and bed was comfortable too. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DivyangUSA
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Once again, the Marriott delivers! We stayed here recently for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, and really enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay at this Fairfield Inn located close to ABQ Sunport airport. We scored discount rates because of the fiesta, and we rented a car, so it was a quick and convenient drive from the airport to the hotel. They also offer a free shuttle to and from the airport. This was a major incentive for us to book here as some hotels in the city actually did not have this option. The Fairfield Inn is clean and you will find all the amenities you require for a comfortable stay at this hotel. From the market (convenience stand) at the front desk, to the free wifi, gym facility, outdoor pool and hot tub, free daily breakfast, and free parking, there's very little else you could require. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The folks at the front desk are so helpful and welcoming (I believe Maria, in particular was extremely pleasant to deal with). They gave us a few wakeup calls and also arranged for the shuttle whenever we needed help with that. For the sake of convenience, proximity to Balloon Fiesta Park, free breakfast, and overall quality & comfort, this Fairfiled Inn checks off all those boxes.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GMFairfieldTownePlc, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Jenny - we want to express our sincere gratitude for choosing to stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Airport. We do strive to exceed our guests expectations daily and Maria was glad to hear that you remembered her service! We look forward to seeing you back at the hotel and I know you will enjoy our new hot breakfast as well as all of our other amenities! Thank you.