“Great Airport Overnight Hotel -- Great service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #66 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a modern airport hotel. Very nice lobby, 2 extra large & speedy elevators inside, inside hallways, very nice pool area, great morning breakfast and comfortable rooms. The AC was exceptionally quiet for this type of facility. Room was very clean and comfortable. One downside: the vanity is not inside the bathroom door like I would like it. If one traveler gets up before the other there is a noise and light problem for the late sleeper.
The desk people couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. They arranged for me to be picked up at the AP after turning in the rental car, arranged for a ride to pick up the pizza & arranged for a ride to the AP in the AM. I will stay there again when traveling in and out of Albuquerque.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but the PM sun makes rooms on the west side of the building a little warm until...

Reviewed August 29, 2013

we had a great experience at this Fairfield Inn in mid August. The room, facilities, staff, and breakfast were great! The breakfast featured eggs, yogurts, fruit, instant oatmeal, waffles. The pool and hot tub were nice. The gym was basic with treadmill/bike type equipment.

Room Tip: try to stay near the elevator to save walking...it is not noisy by elevator
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stay in Albuquerque probably 7 nights a year so I have been at many hotels there. I have never stayed at this hotel before but after this last stay it will be one of my regular places. It is in a cluster of hotels close to the airport. They have a restaurant (Applebees?) next door and others close by. I like the area as it feels safer than some other spots in Albuquerque and is close to UNM. The hotel is very,comfortable and clean, the staff was friendly. The regular pillows are poor but they gave me the feather pillow I have on my regular request list so no complaints there. The breakfast was much, much better than the TownPlace next door where I stayed recently. The only possible problem is if you are travelling as a family. There apparently are suites which I didn't see which are presumably more spacious and have microwaves etc. The TownPlace next door is not as nice in many ways but might be better for a family when space, appliances and multiple TVs are handy. I wasn't crazy about the breakfast at the Townplace but they upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite which was sort of wasted on me but would have been great if I had been travelling with the kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have stayed at this Fairfield property several times in the past year. Each time I was very impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and the cleanliness of my room. The air conditioner made some noise, but I got used to it. I didn't hear noise from adjoining rooms.

This past trip I had a very early flight out in the morning. I had to leave before the kitchen was going to be open for breakfast. They put together a breakfast for me to be able to eat ahead of time without my asking them to. I really appreciated that.

Room Tip: I was able to hear the air conditioning unit in the room when it ran.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed for four nights while our vehicle was broken down and getting repaired. Can't say enough nice things about the hotel and the staff. They were very accommodating and helped us in every way needed. Has 2 restaurants close enough to walk to. Have stayed here before and will definitely stay again. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, clean hotel with a very personable staff.

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We needed a place near airport after traveling in late. Cab charged us ten bucks to get there which was a rip off. Service was slow and we were just dying to get to bed at that point. Beds were comfy, hotel quiet and breakfast was great. We used points so stayed for free and got a complimentary shuttle to hertz rental car in morning.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I've stayed here many times. The property has been remodeled a couple of years ago and is typical of Fairfield Inns with spotless bathrooms and bedrooms, friendly staff, and comfortable beds. Breakfast on Saturday included eggs and biscuits and gravy. Only the Suites have Microwaves. This is not typical of Fairfields . All rooms do have refrigerators but it would be better to have a Microwave.
Large dining area so it is rare if you can't find a table. Applebees is across the parking lot so you don't have to drive to dinner. Shuttle to nearby Albuquerque Airport. The property is only a few minutes away from I-25 just south of town. It is only a few minutes north of a Rail Runner commuter rail station so that a tourist can reach Santa Fe (or downtown Albuquerque) without having to drive.. Overall this is a very reasonably priced (especially on weekends) property and a great place to stay in the Albuquerque area.

Room Tip: Quieter on the higher floors.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo