New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #57 of 146 Hotels in Albuquerque
santa monica
“My Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel from 12/13-12/16/2012. I was pleased with the overall experience. From the nice hotel staff to the cleanliness of the room. The only thing I didn't like was there was no microwave or fridge in the room. They did have a small "market" by the front desk which you could purchase this from water to a small personal pan pizza. The breakfast was good. Providing a variety of items. Its in a quiet area. They also have a security guard at night. I must mention three people who I found especially helpful. First was MARY, the night auditor. I checked in at 2:30 am after a delayed flight from LAX.. She was extremely helpful when I had some difficulty with the reservation. She fixed everything quite quickly and cheerfully. Also I would like to mention an agent name TAMMY. I needed a taxi for a short trip and she accommodated me quite nicely. THANK YOU. And Lastly upon check out was Delilah. She got me a shuttle to the airport within minutes of asking. The checkout process was a breeze and she was very pleasant. The staff are well trained and quick to handle a request. The only other issue was the shuttle only runs till 12am, so be sure you have taxi money. But the hotel is very close to the airport. About 5 minutes. I will stay there again next time I'm in ABQ. APPLEBEE's basically on property too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hobbs, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Great overall stay!! The staff was friendly and helpful........definitely recommend staying there!! If you get a chance, speak to Frank.......he is wonderful to work with and was very profesional!! I really enjoyed the convenience of being able to have breakf

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sylvania, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel because we were flying out early the next morning, and I needed a hotel near the airport. I do not usually stay at Fairfield Inns, So I was pleasantly surprised with my experience here.This is by far the nicest Fairfield Inn that I have ever stayed at. As a matter of fact, if I were not aware it was part of the Fairfield chain, I would have thought it a higher end hotel. The lobby was very nicely detailed with wood paneling, presenting a library effect, The rooms and bathroom were very nicely appointed as well. The complimentary breakfast was very adequate, yet typical of the Fairfield chain. Overall, this was a much nicer experience than I expected. Thank you.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner king,
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for business. The location was perfect - about 5 minutes to the airport.
The room was average. My room had 2 double beds & I slept in one the first night & the other one the second night. Both of them weren't super comfortable.
The hotel offered breakfast in the morning. It included your standard cold items (cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc) and waffles and a breakfast sandwich that you could heat up yourself. It was pretty good.
There is an Applebee's in the parking lot, which is very convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We use the Fairfield when business guests arrive in Albuquerque. Our guests stay at the Fairfield and we reserve the conference room to work with them. The breakfast is adequate for our guests. I wish they would offer a bit more variety! How about some green chile with our eggs??! Location to the airport can't be beat for the price. Staff is helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: View of the Sandia Mountains is a room on the north side
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Clovis, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The staff was friendly and check in went quickly. We enjoyed the modern decor and it was a bonus to have a full sized hair dryer in the bathroom. The pool and hot tub temperatures were just right. The gym equipment is nice there was a good variety of it. However, breakfast was disappointing. The "full breakfast" had no hot items other than the waffles you make yourself. If you don't want those you're stuck the options of microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, or toast and fruit. Not even cold cereal was available. If you're a breakfast person, this hotel isn't for you. There are less expensive hotels with better breakfast options in the area.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Christy B
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel, we truly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to look into any issues or concerns at hand by our valued guests more closely. We are happy to hear that the staff was friendly and things went smoothly for you. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in the breakfast area; nevertheless your comments will be reviewed more closely as our utmost desire is to provide a pleasant stay for all our future and current guests. Again thank you and we happily remain at your service!
Poughkeepsie, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for two weeks and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the staff and the hotel itself. The front desk staff was helpful and always had smiles on their faces. Convenient location with an Applebee's in the same parking lot and a few other restaurants within walking distance and a short drive to the airport. They have a shuttle service but if the driver is not available, they will pay for a cab to get back and forth to the airport. So close but so quiet!
The room was clean and the bed comfortable. They have a small refrigerator/freezer combo and microwave in the room. Breakfast in the morning was a small selection of breads/muffins, cereal, yogurt and premade egg sandwhiches. Coffee and tea available all day. The fitness center only had one treadmill and two ellipticals but it was never busy so I was able to get in and out before work.
Planning on staying here again when I have business in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business