“Worth the stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #68 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel is conviently located close to the airport with shuttles available. The room was nice. The mattress was comfortable. We had no complaints. The breakfast bar was good. I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Have stayed here for over the past 3 years. Very good staff service, who know the area well for giving directions. They have a list of restaurants of good places to eat and a Applebee's on site.

Suggest making reservations for possible better rates. Near airport terminal and close to Interstate freeways.

Room Tip: Book early,
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2012

The best service I have seen from a hotel any brand in long time, clean,very friendly staff. conveinant to airport and major highway. Will definitely stay again! Two room suites are very spacious and have fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: Upper floors quiet, 2 room suites very roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Selecting this property from the Marriott website, I was not expecting much. I travel about 200 days/year and almost always stay at a full service Marriott property. However, the rate was nice and the location was exactly where I wanted to be.

Upon check-in, I was pleasantly surprised. My room matched my marriott.com profile to a "T". This is something that rarely happens even though Marriott uses it as a selling point to its Elite members. In fact, I flew in from DC and stayed in a full service Marriott property while in our nation's capital, but, unlike Fairfield, my room wasn't close to my profile preferences.

This leads to my comparison Fairfield by Marriott in ABQ vs. Marriott in DC.

Fairfield: Marriott:
Free Parking $40/night and only via valet (high cost AND a wait for your car)
+/-$70/night +/-$199/night
Room as I like Room set to Marriott's preference
Free Breakfast Free breakfast for Elite members only
Generic, Limited toiletries Expanded selection of upper end toiletries
No help w/luggage* Dedicated bellhop (tip +\-$2/bag)
Luggage cart No luggage cart for guests
Free local calls/wifi Local/long distance/wifi +\-$15/day (Free for Elite members)

Ok, now granted, I understand DC is pricier, but just comparing service, this property beats them...hands down. One would expect better service with a high room rate and a supposed higher end property. I don't see it and I have almost 400,000 Marriott points. As I look at my comparison above, I see a few perks, nicer toiletries and help with your bags, but I am 100% confident that any guest needing help at this ABQ property would receive it. In fact, I often prefer to take my own bags as the bellhop at times has 10-20 years on me or if I don't have any cash on me to tip. I don't like the obligation.

A few more niceties at Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport: Self-service laundry is $1/wash and $1/thirty minute dry and the front desk comped me laundry soap! My room was nice and clean and even smelled good. Wifi is nice and fast (and free) and no ANNOYING Ibahn log-in system the Marriott chain seems to love. Every employee I came across was friendly and cheerful and eager to help.

So, what's wrong with this property? Not much. Here are a couple of things, but only because I'm looking for something to say so it doesn't sound like I have a vested interest in this review or this great hotel. First, I'd love a microwave in my room. I had a fridge and bought a frozen pizza from the lobby, but then had to go downstairs to nuke it. Second, a Sunday paper would be nice. Third, I'm not a huge fan of their coffee. That's not to say I didn't drink a couple of cups during breakfast, but I've had better coffee.

I don't contribute often to tripadvisor, but this stay warranted it. And, I anticipate Fairfield Inn & Suites Albuquerque Airport to be my go-to ABQ hotel from now on.

Room Tip: Pool-facing rooms are quiter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mjdxc
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is clean, great price, and friendly staff. I've stayed at several hotels and not very often am I greeted by a member of management during breakfast. Frank Berged was the best. He helped me with directions to some local attractions, too. Everyone was so nice and made me feel right at home.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sunnygirl04
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here this week and was upgraded to a nice corner suite on the third floor. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. They have a nice outdoor pool and hot tub. The breakfast area was very nice and the amenities in the room were complete with a microwave and a refrigerator.

I needed a shuttle to the airport and Juan(my driver) was very friendly and nice. Thanks Juan!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PVallest
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was very reasonable especially considering the free breakfast. The room was immaculate. This was a nice family friendly place to stay and it was centrally located to the sites.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family