“Kitschy Hampton Inn Not Without Flaws”

Super 8 Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #27 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A Hampton Inn with exterior entrances is unusual for this brand. The construction was a bit of a step back in time and in some ways took me back to my childhood traveling with family. The rooms are a bit small, and my room was appointed with furniture that was way too big for the room size.

One huge bug crawling across my bed at check in. I chalked off to being in the south and took care of it.

I had an early flight, but cold items were available from the breakfast bar for the very quick ride to the airport.

Good hotel choice very close to the airport. Next time back, I might consider other options.

Room Tip: One elevator at this large property. If you have mobility issues, consider getting a ground floor r...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Ajay J, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Albuquerque. I am glad to hear we were able to provide you with convenient and efficient breakfast and transportation to the airport for your early flight out. I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had with a pest in your room. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and we work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you will visit us again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Spent one night here on a lay over. Very convenient to the airport and there are several restaurants with in walking distance. If you don't have a car there are no convenience stores within walking distance so plan ahead before you turn in that rental. Airport shuttle is painless. The only real drawbacks are; ONE elevator in the front of the building, I was on the back, room access is via outside walkways.

Room Tip: If you don't like hiking around with your bags, ask for a room in the front.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank clloydm
tammeracarter, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2015

Good afternoon. Our hotel that you reviewed, long ago, is now the NEW Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, Super 8 hotel with brand new renovations and a fantastic full hot breakfast. We welcome you to come by and stay with us .

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed overnight on the way back from observing/photographing the annular eclipse. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly and enthusiastic staff member. Check-in was a breeze. Room included a king-size bed which ate up a lot of space although I think I have stayed in smaller rooms with a king-size bed with Hampton Non the less, there was ample room for 4 pieces of luggage including camera gear, tripods, backpacks and laptop bag. The quality of the water flow in the shower is a big factor in how I rate a hotel/motel. I would give this one an 8 based on the shower flow. Not bad.

The bed was incredibly comfortable as were the pillows (Another feature to which I give a lot of weight when rating a hotel/motel).

Breakfast was the usual make your own waffle, pre-cooked cheese omelets, french toast sticks, canned fruit medely, etc. Despite this, the morning staff made you and the breakfast feel great. Only once have I ever met a more enthusiastic crew. Next time I have to stay overnight in Albuquerque, this is the place for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AA3RR

Reviewed May 5, 2012

This property is the standard Hampton Inn, yet the rooms felt very small...almost to the point I was a little bugged at the price vs size ratio.. Also you access your room from the outside, so if you are on the top floor, get ready for a hike. They do inform you of this on the web site, but I guess I really didn't pay attention. The staff were very friendly as can be expected, and the room was very clean. It's a great location to the freeways, right next to the airport, plus there is a few decent restaurants near by. I would stay here again, but I would do a lower floor and also the price would need to be below $100, anything more and it wouldnt be worth it.

Room Tip: Go for a low floor at this property. Also the west side will have the most parking, the front near...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Asphaltman

Reviewed May 5, 2012

Most of the chain hotels are located on this same strip. While most Hampton inns I have recently frequented are " not what they used to be", this be stands out. We stayed in an upgraded room which they called a suite but is an open rectangle.

Positives- extremely friendly staff that reaches out you you. Cleaner than most. Comfortable bed. Decent water pressure. A/c does not blow directly at the bed. Furniture is white washed so the room feels brighter. Not dusty - I could actually breath!

Negatives - the layout is more of a motel than hotel so the room doors are exposed to the outside no matter which of the three floors you are on. ( there is an outdoor elevator) But the positive in this is that there are not ancient air ducts circulating air in a hallway. The rooms are exposed to fresher air I guess and the reason for the lack of stuffiness and dust.

Room Tip: Keep the a/c unit fan in the on position and not auto or off. This creates a gentle white noise and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel4Joy

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I stayed here because of decent reviews and close promixity to airport. I ended up in a filthy room on the 1st floor. There were bugs in the room, it smelled like booze, carpets were disgusting. There was a mulititude of drunk people (on a Sunday night) and I could only sleep for about 2 hours. I ended up trying to check out, but they would not honor the Hilton Honors guarantee. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I have stayed at the Hampton several times, and found it clean, comfortable and quiet. They accomodate preferences like a room on the first floor. The front desk and breakfast bar staff are welcoming and efficient. In addition to breakfast, the hotel serves a late afternoon snack bar. Coffee is always available. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are warmer and more difficult to access.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo