“Excellent Hotel”

Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #31 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were just passing through and needed a place to stay one night. Reamy (unsure of spelling) at the front desk was very pleasant and got us into our room fast. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was pretty good too! We will be staying here again and I would highly recommend this hotel. The price is very reasonable! Thank you for the exceptional stay!

• Stayed February 2014
5 Thank Mokaler
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with our newly remodeled property and for also specifically mentioning one of our employees. It's always a bonus when our hard working employees are noticed for their hard working efforts. We definitely look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Of course the location and the price ( we had a group rate for 6 rooms but the standard rate is great) of this hotel are what would attract someone originally. Also, one doesn't usually expect much from any hotel airport location as most people use it as a crash pad. But let me tell you how extremely satisfied I was at this hotel. First and formost, it was clean. I know that is something that should never be in issue but we have all walked into places where that is not the case. This place was always very clean. Check in was smooth (more on that later) and courteous. No problems even with our unique situations. I was paying for two rooms of our 6 but I am an amputee and needed a shower chair in my room but first they gave me the option of having a fully handicap accessible room or the choice of a walk in shower, whichever made me most comfortable. These requests can flummox a lot of hotel staff but ours was handled smoth as silk. The rooms were exactly what we needed. Clean, nice beds, good bathrooms, and a closet and dressing area with a little couch and table. This place also has an indoor pool and spa which is fantastic as Albuquerque can be a little nippy in late feb/early march after sundown.

We didnt have breakfast there because we were heading to our event and usually ate and had bloody Mary's there so I can't speak to that.

The location CAN NOT BE BEAT. This was the 9th year we have been going for the fiery foods festival and we usually stay somewhere else which was plenty nice but was about 40 dollars more per night and there was nothing to do near the hotel. This hotel was not even 2 miles from the center of Nob Hill which is full of restaurants, bars and our favorite, breweries. It's especially fun if there is a UNM basketball game because it is right near campus. But this hotel is right by Nob Hill, and also super close to downtown, where there is also a lot to do, without downtown prices. Also it is worth noting that this is an airport location, but I don't recall hearing a single plane. Not once. So no need to worry about that.

The staff here was great. I dealt with Jayme at the front desk and found her to be smart, courteous, respectful and an overall pleasure to deal with. As I talked about our check in was a little odd and I have had other hotels not understand what I was asking of them. The rooms were reserved in my name but I was only paying for 2 and mine needed to have a shower chair, etc. Jayme didnt need to be told twice. She easily got the drill. Plus they had our keys ready and waiting for us. I had to get a few important pieces of mail delivered to the hotel because even though it was a fun trip for the boys, I had some work to do. My mail was always promptly brought to me or I was called to let me know it was there. Jayme is a fantastic resource that this hotel is lucky to have. We also dealt with a young gentleman named Jeremy who was great. He was the shuttle driver but also good to talk to about fun locations to check out.

Overall I have to say we were thrilled and our group of friends has unanimously decided that this was our new place to stay for our trip from now on. Between the location, extreme value, staff, quality of rooms, and indoor pool and spa, it is simply a great experience and I only wish we had tried it sooner. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I was on the ground floor and never heard or saw someone walking by. I know some people don't li...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jeffrey B
We definitely appreciate your business, kind words and positive feedback. I am so glad we were able to work with you and your group during your stay and look very forward to your return trip. Even though you had no issues during your stay we make sure your next stay is even better. Thank you again.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We travel to Albuquerque regularly, and we have stayed in various hotels within the area. I have been very dissapointed with the cleanliness and general attitiude from employees from various hotels. I now stay here at the Comfort Inn Airport regularly. It is clean, the staff is nice, and the breakfast has a variety of foods that is nice. The price is very reasonable too! I have stayed in more expensive hotels, and this is just as nice as a hotel you may pay $40 more for.

The only small problem is that the walls are a little thin. You can hear people in the next room if they are talking very, VERY loudly....Don't come here if you want to be loud and have a party! Come here if you want peace and quiet.

It is also located near the airport, Nob Hill (the college area of the city), good chain restaurants, and easy access to the I-25.

I spend a couple of nights in Albuquerque every month, and I enjoy the dependability of this clean, friendly and centrally located hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RisingBuffalo M
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing and staying at our newly renovated property. It's a great feeling to hear great and positive comments when it comes to our property and staff. We work hard to make sure our guests more than just a comfortable stay. We look forward to your return visit. Safe Travels.
Ojo Sarco
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is my very most favorite hotel. The beds are fantastic-you feel like you're sleeping on a cloud! Rooms--and doors-- are QUIET, staff is very good; they have real eggs--not packaged ones--along with a lot of other goodies, for the free breakfast. I've stayed at other hotels in Albuquerque but this is the very best!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Sensei45
Wow, thank you so very much for those fantastic comments. It's great to hear one of our guests had such an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We definitely love to hear those things and will continue to strive each and every day to make sure our guests get that perfect stay. Thank you again.
Salida, Colorado
Reviewed February 24, 2014

What a nice hotel near the University in Albuquerque and a wonderful staff. Clean and quite rooms, very reasonable rates, convenient to I-25 and I-40 and a hot breakfast to boot. We stayed one night in February 2014 on a return from Tucson and were very pleased with the Comfort Inn and we will make it a regular stop in the future.

Room Tip: We asked for a non-smoking, top floor room on the west side as those would be the quietest.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike C
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Many thanks for choosing our newly renovated property as you were making your drive back from Tucson. I second your comment when it comes to easy access via I-25 and I-40. We would like to think our breakfast is award winning. You can never go wrong with fresh hot eggs and a great hot breakfast. I hope we will see you again soon on your return trip.
west hills, ca
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I was greeted very warmly by John, the manager. I was upgraded to a suite. It was a quiet, large, lovely room. I was very much impressed with the friendliness of the staff. I dealt with John and Pam the most. They are both an asset to this property, as are the others. A smile and a hello from ALL.
It was very busy in the breakfast room and the food items were replenished quickly. Great selection of foods. The hotel is very close to the airport and a ride to/from the airport is provided.
The rate was extremely reasonable and I will definitely stay at this hotel again. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 33brooklyn
First of all let me thank you for the kind words and positive comments. Another big thank you for choosing our newly renovated hotel as your place of stay for five nights. It gives my staff and I the greatest feeling of accomplishment to know that we have taken care of another guest and they write about it.

We definitely appreciate you recognizing our employees and we definitely look forward to your return stay so we may give you another 'Perfect 10' service.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Overall, this hotel is a great value near the Albuquerque airport. Breakfast was fantastic, and my room was very clean. However, as other reviewers have noted the walls between rooms here are very thin. I literally thought an alarm clock was going off in my room, when it was actually next door.

Staff is pretty attentive and helpful. However, they had trouble figuring out I had prepaid for my reservation. Overall, I would stay here again given the nicely appointed rooms, and comfortable bed. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest somewhere else due to the thin walls. There was no noise from planes even though the hotel is close to the airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces away from Yale Blvd.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gozags2012
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for providing us feedback and we will definitely use your comments to better our position as one of the top Choice Hotels in Albuquerque.
I do apologize if the noise level was a little more than expected. We would like to think our hotel is very accommodating, safe and worth a return visit.
We look forward to your return visit so we can give you that 'Perfect 10" service that we strive for.