“Uncomfortable in Albuquerque”

Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #30 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The young people at the front dest were very nice and went out of their way to be helpful, BUT the building is the problem.

The walls were so thin we could hear every word, cough and footstep in the neighboring rooms.

Yes, the beds were comfortable and the fluffy pillows were nice, but I would like to have been able to enjoy them and SLEEP. Both nights we were awakened by noise. I don't know if there is even a true wall between the closets, because once my wife and I both sat bolt upright in bed thinking someone was in our room rattling the hangers in the closet. Worst of all was the noise from the doors to the rooms. Every time someone opened or closed their door, a loud noise reverberated through the walls.

On the last night as we were sitting on the bed, a centipede (a few inches long) ran up the side of the bed and across my wife's lap. She screamed. I knocked it off, and it made a dash for under the covers. I grabbed a Kleenex and caught it. It turned and bit me on the finger. What's to say???

Room Tip: Try to get a room with no connecting door between rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear LDNandJN,

First of all let me sincerely and deeply apologize for the problems you endured during your stay with us.

We definitely want our guests to feel warm, welcomed and enjoy their stay while they are with us, so the fact you had some issues causes concerns. We have taken your comments very serious and have looked into the situation and will continue to better our property as we don't want those issues coming up again.

I do also apologize for the fact you had some problems on your last night of your stay..We have never had that incident happen and have taken precautionary measures to eliminate those problems.

We do appreciate your business as a valued guest and hope you will return again soon.

John Vestal, General Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I had some consults scheduled at UNM Hospital and ended up here. It was perfect. Great staff front and back of the house, clean, quiet. It worked so well for me that I stayed here again for some follow-up surgery at UNMH.

Their shuttle not only services the airport but takes care of UNMH as well. I took it going to and coming back from surgery. That was a fantastic bonus for me.

I could go on & on about this place but it is now my "GoTo" hotel in ABQ, without question. The front desk staff treats you like an old friend and goes out of their way to accommodate. Well run with a great manager (John).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Cienega32
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank for your great review and for choosing our hotel as your go to place while you are in Albuquerque.

It's great to hear wonderful and positive comments from our guests. We definitely try to go above and beyond to make sure our guests are taken care of properly to ensure a speedy return.

Thank you once again for staying with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I got all excited once a saw the rooms!!!!!!!!! I was not expecting sucha beautiful rooms........ I mean, the rates are great,so.......... I really believe this was one of my best deals choosing this hotel! :-)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Anisleyt
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Ms. Anislyet,

It's a great thrill to hear your enthusiastic words from your recent stay at the New Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport.

We truly believe that we have one of the best properties in Albuquerque, New Mexico and by far one of the best, if not the best Choice Hotel in our area.

We appreciate you choice in staying with us and we will definitely pass on your words of comfort to our staff.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

John Vestal

Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you need a comfortable hotel near the Albuquerque airport you won't go wrong staying at this recently renovated hotel. The shuttle was quick and efficient from airport to hotel; the desk clerk was friendly and service oriented. The bed was ever so comfortable with not two but four plump pillows. There were electric plugs at all the needed places in the room. The TV channel choices were more than adequate; the only perk I missed was a guide to the TV schedule. But boy was the price right!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank CarolMaeRay

Carol,

First of all let me say thank you so very much for staying with us at the New Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport. It was so wonderful to hear that your stay was better than just your average stay.

We take great pride in our new property and we are doing all we can to make sure our guests leave our property with a positive experience.

I do believe our staff is top notch and that is the first person you see when you walk in and usually one of the last ones you see as you depart so we hope that warm welcome brings you back to us again.

Once again, thank you staying with us.

John Vestal

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Good all round. Presented well & good attention to details. Only problem was choice of TV channels to watch as you are 2hrs behind the programming & very little choice of good movies to watch & relax. Very limited breakfast options. Good receptionist

1  Thank stephanie s
ComfortAbq, General Manager at Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Ms. Stephanie,

Thank you so very much for picking the New Comfort Inn Albuquerque Airport as hotel of choice. I do apologize to you for that fact you may have had some problems with your TV channels viewing.

With you coming from the U.K., there was probably some confusion on times and channels but I hope were able to accommodate you with those small problems.

We definitely like to keep our property clean with a great and friendly atmosphere. You only get one 'FIRST IMPRESSION'.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return to our hotel once again.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I reserved this hotel months ago when it was a different hotel brand. Reserved for a Thurs night during the Balloon Fiesta... After national park closures, our trip was rearranged and on the Tuesday prior to our Thursday expected arrival.... I called in the afternoon to see about cancelling the Thurs night and adding Tues and Wed nights. Not only did they accomodate us, but they did it happily AND allowed us to do 2 rooms for 2 nights at the very low rate I'd originally booked at. Front desk was even nicer in person than on the phone! Both evening check in AND pre-dawn hours.... nice, nice, nice! Comfort Inn has now gone to the top of my list for places to stay when I travel. It ended up being our favorite hotel on our 2 and 1/2 week road trip. Kudos!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank wings1980

Thank you so much for calling your stay OUTSTANDING. Those are words that can make me smile as a General Manager to know that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay worth mentioning.

We did see you booked your room in advance during our renovations and definitely wanted to make sure you were given that same rate. We definitely stand by our promises in providing our guests with a promise to keep.

Thank you for staying with us and hope that you will return so we can provide you with that important 'Perfect 10' service.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Wonderful staff, friendly, happy people that made me feel like they'd do all they could to make my stay with them perfect. We had been up for almost 36 hours and the young man at the desk in the morning was the least helpful of anyone, but I understand - check in time isn't until 3 pm and there was nothing he could/would do to get us checked in early. So we went out and tried to make it a few more hours, and when we came back the young woman working was wonderful. Got me checked in quickly, and sounded genuinely interested about why I was in Albuquerque. She made some wonderful suggestions of things to do (glow at the balloon festival!) and even called the room later to make sure everything was OK (we hadn't checked the bathroom yet). When we did check the bathroom, we were a a bit grossed out by the dirty washcloth a previous guest had placed on the shower curtain and that housekeeping had missed in cleaning. (it was bunched up in the shower curtain). But we didn't report that until we checked out the next day because honestly we just needed to sleep. The beds were comfortable, and while the hotel is a bit noisy, we managed to get much needed rest. The gentleman who checked me out (perhaps the manager?) took my report of the washcloth very seriously, and that me feel like i wasn't just being a prima donna. I felt like he was genuinely concerned that my stay wasn't perfect, and would do his best to ensure that didn't happen for a future guest.

What stood out the most was just how downright happy and enthusiastic about customer service nearly every person I dealt with was. It was contagious, I went in barely able to hold my head up within seconds of starting check in, was smiling and felt like I had gotten a second wind. Keep that up!

1  Thank Renee G

Dear Renee,

Thank you, so very kindly for those very enthusiastic words. We definitely want our guests to feel as welcome as possible when they stay with us.

We pride ourselves on making an impact on our guests and always greeting someone with a smile. Hearing your compliments and positive remarks is a great way to hear and see our staff are doing the right things.

We are glad you stayed with us and hopefully you will be returning to our property. With all the great things we do I still want to apologize to you for any problems you may have ran into during your stay. We have taken measures in those things to produce a stronger sense of care in our hotel.

Once again, thank you for staying with us.