All reviews made to order omelets front desk room was clean rooms are small direct tv shuttle driver quesadilla yogurt microwave and fridge hot tub biscuits and gravy king room rental car an early flight free shuttle balloon fiesta upon check
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2019

On Apr 27, I made a reservation for long term parking and a room. When I arrived on May 2, the front desk had no record of either reservation. After I emailed a copy of my reservation to the clerk, she reluctantly let me leave my car in the lot.
This gave Sleep Inn 3 weeks to find my reservations on their system. They did not do this!
I returned, tired, at 11 PM on May 25. Still no reservations on the computer system !! I showed the clerk my on-line documentation, to no avail. He insisted that I register as a walk-in, for which, near midnight, I had no option. To add to the screw-up, the walk-in rate was higher than the rate quoted in my original reservation.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

upstate17,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We regret the issue you faced with your reservation. I deeply regret to learn that you found this experience to be so terrible due to issues that should have been immediately addressed. Your feedback will be forwarded to the hotel management to ensure that situation like this will not happen again in the future. We hope you'll return someday to see how we're improving.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Our stay was for 3 nights. Upon check-in we noticed the toilet tank (room 116) was constantly filling - not a huge problem, but it IS a waste of water and the noise of the tank constantly running and filling is annoying and not normal at all. The mechanism in the toilet that is responsible for this is rather simple, but it's not my job to tinker with it. Staff did understand and moved us without us even asking - and they were very pleasant about it.

There was a slight problem with this, though - it took about 3 hours for the problem to be resolved and for the nice front desk staff to move us. A new part in the toliet tank was installed within 1 hour but the toilet continued to run. The maintenace man informed us a gasket was also needed to supplement the new part and he was going to get one. 2 hours later I made a query at the desk and was told the maintenance man clocked out 2 hours ago! Anyway, we were moved (we never asked) to a quiet room, problem solved. The reason for the 4 star review is due to the waste of 3 hours for being left hanging by the maintenance man - a real unclassy move on his part.

So, we saw 2 rooms because of this and both rooms were just fine as far as decor and amenities. I cannot fault a hotel like this for thin walls - buildings (cookie cutter hotels are a perfect example) in the US are stapled together in a few weeks and construction is done with materials that are "economical" and this hotel is no exception. I expect this and it is just a sad reality at chain hotels built within the last 50 years or more. I cannot fault a place TODAY (for the purpose of this review) for how it was built years ago. But yes, other guests closing big, clunky doors makes an awful noise that echoes up and down the hallway. None of this at the Sleep Inn was over-the-top and guests were not rowdy, but noise from clunky doors and walls too thin is unavoidable.

Sorry for that rant....

The wi fi worked great. The sink in our new room (room 306) had a very slow drain which I did not relay to the staff because I didn't want come off as a big complainer (back to the running toilet!). DirectTV was great. The coffemaker, fridge and microwave (always a nice touch) worked fine. Plenty of hot water with good pressure. Air and heat worked fine and weren't noisy. The room was wicked clean with no foul odors. There were blackout curtains. The bedding was of good quality, comfortable and wicked clean. The furinshings were all in good repair. So, a good value room!

The free breakfast was very good! People go nuts for the omlete chefs at hotel breakfast restaurants, and have that here at the Sleep Inn. What about the rest of the breakfast? We have here cereals, yogurt, fruit, English muffins, bread, danish, cinnamon rolls, sausage gravy and biscuits, bacon, sausage patties, a waffle maker and batter, hard boiled eggs, juices, coffee, hot water and several types of teas. So, a very good variety of food - and it was all good.

So, thanks again to the front desk for understanding the noise of a constantly running toilet is not a good thing to listen to for 3 nights. The front desk stepped in for the MIA maintenance man and they were very good about it. We didn't want to ask for a new room - and we didn't. Nevertheless, the crew was very concerned for our satisfaction. We had a pleasant 3 night stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good day NewMexicoScraps! Thank you for your kind comments regarding our high standards of cleanliness and were able to provide you a comfortable experience. Hearing about how our efforts to give you a pleasant and accommodating experience have been successful is very rewarding for every member of our staff and management team. We are looking forward to hosting you again and have a great day ahead from the general manager of Sleep Inn Airport !

Reviewed May 10, 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sleep Inn Airport. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast, with made to order omelets, can’t be beat! They were in the process of replacing the carpet while we were there, but we were not inconvenienced by the process. The associates working at the hotel were also great, from the front desk staff to the breakfast staff and the cleaning staff. I’ve stayed in much fancier hotels, but can’t say I’ve stayed at many with better service.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

We appreciate your rating of our hotel and the feedback you have shared pertaining to our staff and breakfast. It is our ever present goal to provide each guest with the highest level of service; so thank you for your business and for sharing.

Reviewed May 2, 2019

Pet friendly, and specifically cat friendly--other travelers have said so and my nose confirmed. The room smelled like a feral cat had lived there for a week before me. Corridor carpeting is stained and worn, walls thin, front desk non responsive to concerns. Marriott properties nearby are all better options.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2019

justtryingtosleep,

I apologize for the smelled of unpleasant that you experienced in your room and to assure you that this inconvenience has been addressed thanks to your feedback. Clean, well-maintained accommodations is our goal, so it's disappointing to read about your observations. Meanwhile, we will notify maintenance about the corridor carpeting and will alert housekeeping about your other remarks as well. We know we can do better and will use your feedback to ensure that no guest has this experience in the future.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

The good: comfortable bed, close to the airport. The bad: low low water pressure, looks pretty run down, like new decor lightly pasted over ancient building. Front desk hung up on me before I could ask where to meet airport shuttle, though driver was courteous when we did find each other. Got in late, so maybe just typical night auditor personality issues. Not sure I would stay here again, but it was cheap and convenient and I slept well, so I guess it's just that you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

katja802,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your experience. I am happy to see the high rating and to read the pros of your experience; yet I regret to hear of your dissatisfaction with the water pressure which is low. Also, we are sorry for the disappointing service you received from our front desk staff at that time. Your feedback will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for you and other guests in the future. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to be far surpassed during your next visit!