“Super 8 - Albuquerque, clean and friendly”

Super 8 Albuquerque East
Ranked #115 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This Super 8 is in a good location off the I-40. The room was very quiet and the rooms clean. The free continental breakfast was a “Full Carb” meal. The make your own waffles were good. It would have been much better if they had some hard boiled eggs and fresh fruit. A nice touch to the breakfast area was pads on the chairs and some spring like flowers on the table. Another nice surprise was the cranberry juice served with the orange juice.

Our room did NOT have a refrigerator or microwave oven. It did have a clock radio and the room was comfortable. They had free High Speed Internet service. There was one ice machine is the lobby area.

The staff was friendly and very helpful

If we were going to be in the Albuquerque area again, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magician-on-the-go
There are newer reviews for Super 8 Albuquerque East

Reviewed December 31, 2009

After exhausting long drive, arrived to find check in line backed to the door. There evidently was a problem with communication due to language barrier. Unfriendly check-in person but no big deal. I was using my points, maybe that was why. However, next morning a really nice lady who worked the breakfast area and front desk really lit up the place. Room was so-so, old dated wallpaper that was coming off in places, not so new carpet... Shower head fell off so my husband screwed it back in. No plug for tub, so it was showers for everyone. Was told none of the rooms have them. Pets accepted for $8. Not terrible, but not as nice as I'd hoped. Again, maybe because I was using my points for free room.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank iamtravelinpam
Reviewed April 10, 2009

My boyfriend & I left Missouri and by the time we got to Albuquerque we were ready to eat and hit the sack. We were a bit worried because we didn't book a room since we didn't know where we were going to stop but I had brought the laptop and found a great deal here at the Super 8. It was close to an Olive Garden so we just decided to eat there. We stopped and the guy at the desk gave us an even better deal and was super friendly. We got checked in, ate, and came back to sleep. I recommend this for anyone going to Vegas. It's just off of I-40 and just a great place to stay!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2009

My wife and I found the facilities to be old, but relatively clean. We asked for clean sheets, and the front desk receptionist could not have been more helpful. The breakfast was what you would expect for the price of the motel. The thing that was exceptional about our stay there, was the front desk receptionist. She was just super..

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2009

We booked our motel in Albuquerque through Southwest Vacations. They put us in the Super 8 on Paisano, off Juan Tabo, where we stayed two nights. The first night was in a second floor room that had long-standing bed bug infestation, which we did not discover until the morning. Staff representatives acknowledged that the room was infested and moved us to the first floor for our second night.We didn't get much rest, of course. The worst part of this experience was that the staff assigned us to a room known to have a bed bug infestation. Anyone electing to stay at the Super 8 on Paisano, off Juan Tabo, in Albuquerque, check your beds carefully before using them! We were offered $10.00 compensation for suffering a night of horror.

Stayed: January 2009
3  Thank Scaredinabq
Reviewed July 24, 2008

This Super 8 - East is located just off I-40 at the Juan Tabo Blvd. Exit. (Second exit from I-40 westbound entering Albuquerque). There is a short, two block drive into the hotel off Copper Ave., and it passes some very unkempt commerical businesses (i.e. weeds, etc.). Because of this initial perception, we almost turned around, but we were glad we didn't.
We ended up spending two nights at this Super 8, (the newest of the Super 8's in Albuquerque if you're a regular Super 8 customer.) Three people, with two, comfortable, queen-sized beds. Cold A/C, and a new television. Adaquate Continental breakfast in the mornings, and we felt secure with the rooms off a central hallway. A very good value all in all at $53 for 3, per night, with AARP discount. Although our room was on the I-40 side of the edifice, we weren't disturbed by traffic noise. Give it a chance.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 26, 2008

I stayed one night before heading north for a ski trip. I was looking for something clean and inexpensive. Other than some trouble with the hotel's system's ability to accept my credit card, the stay was good. The credit card trouble was very strange - my bank said there was no problem, but the hotel's computer would not accept it. The front desk staff was very helpful and patient as they tried to figure out what was going on. The main downside to the motel is the run down neighborhood. The rest of the motel was nothing special but better than you can really expect for the price.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)