“We chose this Super 8 of the 3 offered in the area as we...”

Super 8 Albuquerque East
Ranked #117 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed March 2, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank Noelanne S

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Kept trying to find something wrong with the immaculate, apparently renovated room for $40/night but couldn't. Comfortable king size bed. Brass accents on the lamp fixtures. Interior access with elevators. Clean lobby with continental breakfast area.

Best deal I've found in a hotel/motel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Duke K
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Albuquerque

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I give this hotel a big ZERO!!!!! service was aweful! There was only one decent person working there! The manager romana Salazar was the rudest person! She pretty much kicked me out of our room because we were 30 min late checking out .. Which we had called the night before letting the night clerk know... she yelled at me with my 10 month old baby behind me. I told her I was gonna call home office and she laughed and told me she was covered! Oh yeah while she was in pajama pants and slippers! Other than that our so called king bed was actually two beds put together! Towels were stained red. And floors smelled awful! Oder of previous pets! I do not recommend this hotel to anybody!!!!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Ginger B
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We have stayed at a super 8 in Albuquerque for several years and have found them to be clean and affordable. An adequate continental brkfast is a nice start to the day. Our perception of this motel has remained consistent over several years.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
super8abqeast, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoy staying with us and we look forward to your next visit to Albuquerque.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This was my second visit to this motel in under a month while traveling. Decent rooms for under $50 and breakfast to boot. Like most chains the clerks were a toss up. Two were outstanding, one only did his job and one well, trying out for a part in a zombie movie? Parking was convenient and well lit. Proximity to eating establishments good. Easy interstate access also. I would recommend for those on a budget and wanting a decent room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Clayton M
super8abqeast, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Traveling from East Coast and back via car for the fourth time. This was by far the worst room we've ever stayed in. The carpet was filthy and even a steam cleaning wouldn't have helped. The tub was stained and the room smelled bad. We went up the street to a Sub shop for dinner and my wife wouldn't take the sandwich back to the room to eat. Never again will I stay there. I was really surprised since all the other reviews rated it so highly. we wouldn't even take our shoes off until we got into bed. the linen seemed clean. The front desk staff was OK, neither helpful nor rude but my main concern was the room. Outside lighting was minimul and I wasn't real comfortable with some of the parking area but I was able to find a spot in the light to park. The morning breakfast wasn't worth setting up. We got coffee only and left. Albuquerque, NM is a necessary stop for us and I'll certainly find another place to stay. If price is your guide for a room then this is your place. If you want a clean room, you might want to look around a bit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fmrlabdude
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was looking for a temporary place to stay while relocating back to Albuquerque. You can’t go wrong with this hotel. I’d lived in Albuquerque before so I know the city well.

First let’s talk about security. This hotel is located off of Central on a dead-end street with no commercial buildings around save for a roller-skating rink across the street. This has a number of advantages. First, it makes it a quiet place. Second, it makes it much more secure because the likelihood of nefarious characters who infamously roam the streets of Central Avenue much less likely to target this hotel unless they are really stupid or meth heads who have been known to try and steal things from police departments.

Now let’s talk about customer service. This, as we all know is a dying craft. Have you ever checked into a hotel only to be received by a clerk who will finish whatever menial task she/he is doing or continue their personal phone call to completion before even acknowledging your existence? I sure have. It’s so refreshing to meet a staff – although I haven’t met all of them – who seem to understand the concept of customer service.

First, the manager, Tinker is great. She goes out of her way to ensure your stay is comfortable. A weekly guest is only supposed to get their room cleaned once a week. However, whenever I see Tinker she always offers cleaning service more frequently if I request it. She also consistently asks if there is anything I need to make my stay more comfortable

Now I’ll mention a situation that exemplifies professionalism. I came home one night at about 8:30pm and I couldn’t get my door to open. Oscar, the front desk clerk, came to my room and did everything in his power to open it but couldn’t. He did the right thing by calling Tinker who let me stay in a different room until the night shift person, Jer, came on duty at 11pm and would fix the lock.

Also, Oscar instantly offered to have Jer fix the lock first and then inform me of this which may sound small but he did everything correctly. I could find no fault with how he handled the situation.

OK, I’m thinking a regular employee is going to start their shift, gab away with the day staff for a while, attend to miscellaneous other duties, AND THEN change the lock and alert me to this.

So I was thinking someone would be at my room at 12:30 or 1 am. I was surprised to get a phone call at 11:26pm informing me that the lock had been changed. Jer quickly came to my room and gave me my new keys.

Finally the hotel just feels comfortable. I don’t know how else to put it. I felt safe, slept well on a very comfortable bed and was in no hurry at all to rent an apartment with all of the potential hazards that come with that risky proposition.

I don’t write reviews often but I’ve travelled to over thirty countries and have stayed in hundreds of hotels and for the price, you absolutely can’t beat this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the end of any wing.