“Save Your Time Looking”

Ranked #114 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Save Your Time Looking”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was looking for a temporary place to stay while relocating back to Albuquerque. You can’t go wrong with this hotel. I’d lived in Albuquerque before so I know the city well.

First let’s talk about security. This hotel is located off of Central on a dead-end street with no commercial buildings around save for a roller-skating rink across the street. This has a number of advantages. First, it makes it a quiet place. Second, it makes it much more secure because the likelihood of nefarious characters who infamously roam the streets of Central Avenue much less likely to target this hotel unless they are really stupid or meth heads who have been known to try and steal things from police departments.

Now let’s talk about customer service. This, as we all know is a dying craft. Have you ever checked into a hotel only to be received by a clerk who will finish whatever menial task she/he is doing or continue their personal phone call to completion before even acknowledging your existence? I sure have. It’s so refreshing to meet a staff – although I haven’t met all of them – who seem to understand the concept of customer service.

First, the manager, Tinker is great. She goes out of her way to ensure your stay is comfortable. A weekly guest is only supposed to get their room cleaned once a week. However, whenever I see Tinker she always offers cleaning service more frequently if I request it. She also consistently asks if there is anything I need to make my stay more comfortable

Now I’ll mention a situation that exemplifies professionalism. I came home one night at about 8:30pm and I couldn’t get my door to open. Oscar, the front desk clerk, came to my room and did everything in his power to open it but couldn’t. He did the right thing by calling Tinker who let me stay in a different room until the night shift person, Jer, came on duty at 11pm and would fix the lock.

Also, Oscar instantly offered to have Jer fix the lock first and then inform me of this which may sound small but he did everything correctly. I could find no fault with how he handled the situation.

OK, I’m thinking a regular employee is going to start their shift, gab away with the day staff for a while, attend to miscellaneous other duties, AND THEN change the lock and alert me to this.

So I was thinking someone would be at my room at 12:30 or 1 am. I was surprised to get a phone call at 11:26pm informing me that the lock had been changed. Jer quickly came to my room and gave me my new keys.

Finally the hotel just feels comfortable. I don’t know how else to put it. I felt safe, slept well on a very comfortable bed and was in no hurry at all to rent an apartment with all of the potential hazards that come with that risky proposition.

I don’t write reviews often but I’ve travelled to over thirty countries and have stayed in hundreds of hotels and for the price, you absolutely can’t beat this hotel.

Room Tip: I prefer the end of any wing.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
super8abqeast, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I cashed in some of my Wyndham points to stay here... work related, and had to put down a $50 cash deposit because Im from Santa Fe, totally ridiculous. Then I asked for a ground floor and was refused. There werent even that many people checked in!!!!! Never again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Loretta T
super8abqeast, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your concern. We do charge a deposit for local and surrounding areas. The reason is because we have had problems in the past and since we've implemented the deposit policy it keeps the hotel cleaner and safer for everyone. If there is nothing wrong with the room at check out it is refunded. It is merely to ensure the safety of our guests and the condition of the rooms. We're sorry that we didn't have your room type available on the ground floor, we do try to fulfill requests on reservations whenever we can.

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels