“Not to Wyndham standards”

Super 8 Albuquerque East
Ranked #117 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Area is a little scary it was picked because I stay at super 8 wyndhams and it was next to the school we went to but it was not to your standards

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
abqhotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not experience Wyndham hotel standards at our Super 8 Hotel. More details may be necessary for me to understand the problems you encountered during your stay. I can say, though, that our hotel has met, and continues to meet Super 8 standards set by the Wyndham Hotels Group since this location was constructed. Please consider my offer to you to provide me more information on your stay, so that I may make corrections to any deficiencies you may have noticed in an attempt to earn your business back. Otherwise, please consider other reviews listed here on TripAdvisor and other travel sites such as Expedia, Travelocity, and Hotels.com as a better representation of our hotel's standards.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

if you love having your body feasted upon by bedbugs then stay here! I was driving from Minneapolis to Phoenix and stayed at this hotel. the next morning my legs looked like I had chickenpox. Date of stay: 9/2/12.....room 339! all I can say is thank God I didn't get pulled over by the police as my car swerved along I 40 all the way to Flagstaff due to my constant leg scratching!

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank desertViking

I apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. I regret that we were not informed of your issue during checkout, so that we could have made an adjustment to your account with us. We strive to provide the best service possible to travelers, as we are located just of I-40 on the eastern most edge of Albuquerque. This room has since been treated and the conditions you state no longer exist. Again, I apologize for your experience at our hotel, and hope you may consider us again when traveling through Albuquerque.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The outside, lobby and common areas were clean and in good condition. Check in and out was easy and fast and gentleman at check in was courteous and helpful. The rooms were large and in good shape. The room looked very clean (I'm very picky about this) except for a little bit of trash under the beds. The negatives: the beds were very hard, the breakfast was extremely limited, and the drain in the tub was very slow because it was clogged with hair (yuk!). The hotel is on a dead end street but was easy to find by following the directions on the GPS. I paid $36.50 for the room, so for the price it was more than adequate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stopped and stayed at the Super 8 on my way cross country. The motel was right off the highway it was an easy on/easyoff the highway and the price for the room was very inexpensive. I was exhausted when I arrived, the staff picked up on this right away and quickly got me registered into my room. I was not expecting the Ritz when I got to the room, but I should have been. The room was very large with a Serta perfect sleeper queen size pillow top mattress and pillows. The room was very clean and the bathroom spotless. I was pleasently surprized. I sleep great in my big comfortable bed. The next morning up I got up early to have my breakfast that was included in the price of my room. The write up stated continental breakfast so I was expecting a muffin and coffee. I was thrilled to find cereal and waffels as part of the breakfast. I had my fill and was on the road to my destination. I can tell you I will be staying at this hotel on my return cross country trip. This hotel is a true gem!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank marcti
super8abqeast, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Thanks for taking the time to rate and review your stay. We're glad you enjoyed your stay! We do hope you'll come stay with us again the next time you come through Albuquerque.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is the second year in a row that we've stayed at this motel on road trips to the northwest from Texas. The general manager, Tinker Salazar, really makes the difference! Her attention to detail, customer orientation, and her motel staff make for a great stay.....clean rooms, tasty breakfast and overall value make this motel a winner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit to Albquerque.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

This had to be the dirtiest room i've ever had seen in my life. The sheets were dirty with hair...the corners of the room had stuff and the carpet was nasty. What made it bad was there was a dirty towel hanging from a hook from the bathroom. Oh ya another thing, the towel hook was broke and there was some hair substance hanging from it. It looked to me that the room hadnt been cleaned or care for in a long time. I had the 3 queen room....so be aware!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ginger B
abqhotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I am sorry for the problems with your past stay at our hotel. The room you stayed in is a more unique room that we offer. We have since deep cleaned it. I would like to add that we do provide excellent customer service at this location, yet you scored us a 1/5. If your problems with the room were brought to the attention of our front desk staff, we would surely have moved you to another room. In many cases with unique room types like the one you reserved, if we cannot accommodate you, we will offer you two rooms at the one room rate for the 3 bed room.

Again, I am sorry you had these problems with your past stay, and I assure you that your next stay with us will be vastly better.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

On a cross-country trip, I was looking to save money. I read some reviews about this Super 8, and gave it a shot. I was impressed by one other reviewer, and was not disappointed when I received the same friendly and helpful treatment he described. Tinker, Jerry, and Yolanda were all great, and helped with everything they could, even a little extra effort to help me with my cat, who was traveling with me. Keep in mind, it's not a luxury hotel, and that being said, they treated me like I was staying in one. I expressed my gratitude, and stayed here AGAIN, as I came back through town on my return trip. I recommend this place to anyone who's looking for a reasonable rate, friendly service, and personable approach to travelers!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank zach o

Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip through Albuquerque.