“Enough with the bad reviews!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Albuquerque East

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Super 8 Albuquerque East
Ranked #114 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
London, United Kingdom
“Enough with the bad reviews!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here for more than a month, and if you're looking for a clean room and nice staff at a very affordable price then that's exactly what you get. The reviews on this site almost made me not choose the hotel, but I tried it out for a few days and found nothing wrong! OK, it's not the Ritz, so don't expect a luxury room! There was an incident with someone's car being broken into, and a laptop stolen ... I think it's common sense not to leave a laptop in your car even if you're parked in Beverly Hills. In any case, they have regular police patrols in the area now. Also, they make the tastiest waffles in the mornings! People should stop giving bad reviews for minor problems and focus on what really matters: cleanliness and staff.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Clear Lake
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

I had to call the front desk from the lobby to get service. When he arrived, he was indignant, argumentative, and cut me off mid-sentence. The room was clean, the bathroom was minuscule, with the sink on the outside of it. Hard to see from the freeway, kind of a roundabout way to get to it. Not sure if the neighborhood was safe.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

My employee stays at this Super 8 reguarly for business and in the past year, his van in the parking lot was broken into over nite and all the company's equipment and electronics were stolen. The police now patrol the parking lot. However, just this week, he left room at 10:30 PM to pick up a late nite dinner, returning 26 min later only to find all the company's electronics stolen from his room, including the bag he keeps them in. This is just crazy! The police were called and my employee, police and hotel manager viewed the videos but nothing was conclusive. I've called the hotel manager to say I want to file an insurance claim and she said she will contact the owners but refused to give me any of their information. We'll see if they contact me or not. Regardless, I've given my employee strick orders NOT to stay at this hotel again.. this is getting very expensive replacing all the electronnics.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Root B
ozarks
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stopped here and stayed the night on our way thru. The room was cheap at only $50.00 a night for 2 queens. No complaint there. No pool. We did not need one. The guy at the front desk was nice and answered all my questions. The beds were clean the room had seen better days and the floor in the bathroom had a little mold on the linoleum but nothing you couldn't put a towel over for one night. The bathroom was small. The sink was out in the room so you would wake everyone else up if you got up to wash your hands. It had a window unit but we never turned it on. For some strange reason the temp was great without needing it. The pillows could have been better and 2 more towels would have been nice and we only had 3 people. I would stay again. If you need a non smoking room they have them on all floors but the 2nd and 3rd floor was non smoking only the 1st floor was both. There is a skating rink right beside the motel and it was noisy being a Friday night but it did not keep us awake. Again for the price I would stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 2 nd floor. Suppose to be all non smoking rooms on 2nd and 3rd floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ozarks_7
Waterloo, Iowa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was traveling cross country for work and saw the Super 8 Hotel and pulled over to get some rest. I have stayed at several Super 8 and Wyndham hotels in the past and have been plesantly suprised with the quality of their hotels. However last night was a blast from the past and a rare glimce into what I hope to never experience again. Upon arrival first they front desk wasn't very prompt. They were assisting another customer but seemed very confused on how their reservations got mixed up, so finally after about 10 minutes they straightened it out. Then they assisted me and asked if I wanted smoking or nonsmoking, I said nonsmoking not realizing I ulimately didn't have a choice. They gave me my room key and I proceeded to the second floor which once the elevator door opened smelled like an ash tray. I walked into my room hoping to escape the smell but sadly it lingered in the room as well as the sheets. I laid in bed and began to get a headache and nausious from the cigarette smell. I called the front desk and asked for another room. The gentleman come up and moved me 5 rooms down which wasn't far enough away b/c the smell still hung in the air and on the sheets. I was too tired at this point in time to do anything having had no luck in my previous attempt to escape the smell of smoke. I was able to get about 2 hours of sleep in the stink infested Super 8 hotel. I spoke with the front desk in the morning and explained the situation to them and the only thing they did was told me to go online and fill out this survey. No apology, no what can we do for you, nothing! You can bet that I will never stay at that hotel again and if you are a nonsmoker like I am, I would suggest you stay away as well.

Room Tip: Not the Super 8 in Albuquerque, NM
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael B
super8abqeast, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque East, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
We apologize for the inconvenience and discomfort during your stay. The comfort of every guest is very important to us. It is our goal to not only meet but exceed expectations. Please be assured that every effort is being made to ensure the comfort of our guests. We appreciate your feedback, as it lets us know where we need to improve. Again, our sincere apologies for the discomfort during your stay and we hope you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have stayed at this particular Super 8 Motel several times and will continue to do so in the future. The management and service at this Motel is excellent and extremely accommodating. The rooms are very clean, some with mountain views, and with an unbeatable price as well. The location is central to everything in Albuquerque. The motel also attracts very pleasant guests; a reflection of the motel staff, and facility. I highly recommend this particular Super 8 Motel for travelers staying or passing through Albuquerque.

Room Tip: Mountain view side of Motel has great views.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Grimes, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2012

Just a quick stop over to break a long trip up. This place was very clean and staff was great. Beds were comfortable and free breakfast had everything you needed. Free WiFi also. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family