“Ripped Off”

Candlewood Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #59 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Be very wary of this hotel. It has a track record of charging you twice and then making it very difficult to get your money back. Go to the hotels own reviews unless they have taken them down. A lot of people do not check their statements so they don't realize it. I am a Priority Rewards Platinum member who still does not have his money returned. Be Wary.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms smell. Check out the odor before you accept the room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank mmmph
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and writing feedback about your experience. It is disappointing that we fell below your expectations on this occasion. We have sent you a private message to address your concerns further.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed 2 nights here while passing through for work. Hotel was great. Room was nice and clean. Free laundry was great and very helpful. The snacks and drinks they offer provided good options and they are not overly priced like most hotels.
Will return again if I have the chance to pass back through ABQ.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our free laundry facilities and Candlewood Cupboard. We look forward to your return to Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque Midtown.

Like us on Facebook: Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque Midtown

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Fabulous room. All lovely with full kitchenette,desk,flat screen,relaxing armchair and great bathroom. No pool or breakfast but the laundry was free. We only stayed one night but I could live there and I think some do. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you next time you are are in Albuquerque.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed here overnight, April 26, 2014 on a road trip. We had a late arrival about 1am and were promptly greeted and checked in. We were a little dubious after seeing the lobby, it definitely leaves something to be desired. However, when we got to the room we were actually a little stunned as to how nice it was! The hotel has obviously been recently updated, the rooms are beautifully done, with kitchenettes and an "office" area. The room was spacious and very clean, we were very pleased with our stay and couldn't believe how inexpensive the room was! The hotel is right off the highway and easy to access in a nice part of town. I highly suggest this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cassidimccollum
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for your comments. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. We were renovated recently in 2012.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife, 2 dogs, and I stayed here for a weekend in early April. The rooms were small but nice. There are mini kitchens with a 2 burner stove, toaster, and everything you need to prepare simple meals. The hotel was quiet and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and only heard people if they were in the hallway.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank tree_dhyana
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return to Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque.

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night, in town for a quick family event. Booked the room based solely on the price, did not expect much. However! The rooms are incredible. Nicely equipped with a full kitchen and a refrigerator with a built-in icemaker, microwave, coffee maker, DVD/VCR combo, and a dishwasher. The TV was great and the air conditioner was very quiet. The desk staff was friendly and professional and they even have DVD's you can check out and watch. I will definitely stay here again. Its easy to get to from I-25 and I-40.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank TravelinMan94

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return to Albuquerque.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was happy with my room to start off on a good note. I really liked that Candlewood in Denver so I chose this one due to previous experiences. I was not happy with my check in at all, sadly. I checked-in at one in the morning and I stood there for 15 minutes while check in was taking place. I made sure that I called before I got off of work that night to make sure that someone knew I still had four hours til I was there. I also work at a hotel so I know how check in goes. Even after telling the guest everything they need to know about their check in I have never had it take 15 minutes. I know that in the Brand Standards it says that I am to receive the minimum of a smile and eye contact which neither my companion or I was given. I know I am supposed to be acknowledged as a loyalty member as well which the gentleman was almost completely in the back office again before mentioning anything about it....not a big deal at all.

I had a wonderful room everything was clean and to my standard. I only had issues finding the hair dryer, also not a problem for me. The room was beautiful. I really wish the ice maker would have been turned on so my companion could have enjoyed his drink that night. Instead we turned it on and waited til morning so we could have some with the water on our way out.

I was having a great morning until I walked out the door and the housekeeper asks me are you checking out. That made me feel rushed and put me in a very irritable mood. I was trying to enjoy my one day off from my hotel and instantly felt like I was being kicked out of another one. Not to say what should and shouldn't be done with a hotel but a housekeeper should NEVER ask you if you are leaving.

Like I said before beautiful rooms and I had a great stay between check in and walking out of my room. The lady who checked us out in the morning was pleasant and we got a smile out of her. So sorry I never got your name but Thank you for the smile and making my day slightly better.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennmac720
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We will definitely use them for retraining. We value your commentary very much, especially since it is the only way we really know how we are doing.