“Kinda Bummed about my stay”

Candlewood Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #57 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Cortez, Colorado
“Kinda Bummed about my stay”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I was happy with my room to start off on a good note. I really liked that Candlewood in Denver so I chose this one due to previous experiences. I was not happy with my check in at all, sadly. I checked-in at one in the morning and I stood there for 15 minutes while check in was taking place. I made sure that I called before I got off of work that night to make sure that someone knew I still had four hours til I was there. I also work at a hotel so I know how check in goes. Even after telling the guest everything they need to know about their check in I have never had it take 15 minutes. I know that in the Brand Standards it says that I am to receive the minimum of a smile and eye contact which neither my companion or I was given. I know I am supposed to be acknowledged as a loyalty member as well which the gentleman was almost completely in the back office again before mentioning anything about it....not a big deal at all.

I had a wonderful room everything was clean and to my standard. I only had issues finding the hair dryer, also not a problem for me. The room was beautiful. I really wish the ice maker would have been turned on so my companion could have enjoyed his drink that night. Instead we turned it on and waited til morning so we could have some with the water on our way out.

I was having a great morning until I walked out the door and the housekeeper asks me are you checking out. That made me feel rushed and put me in a very irritable mood. I was trying to enjoy my one day off from my hotel and instantly felt like I was being kicked out of another one. Not to say what should and shouldn't be done with a hotel but a housekeeper should NEVER ask you if you are leaving.

Like I said before beautiful rooms and I had a great stay between check in and walking out of my room. The lady who checked us out in the morning was pleasant and we got a smile out of her. So sorry I never got your name but Thank you for the smile and making my day slightly better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jennmac720
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We will definitely use them for retraining. We value your commentary very much, especially since it is the only way we really know how we are doing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The spacious room with kitchen met all our needs at a reasonable price. It is close to University of New mexico, downtown and good restaurants. There is a gym and laundry facility. The front desk is always willing to help. We will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Espi52
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We are very centrally located here in Albuquerque so everything is a hop, skip and a jump away. Hope to see you again soon.
Zuni, New Mexico
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Couldn't have been more pleased!!! The check-in person was so friendly and welcoming. The room was REALLY clean. A very spacious room complete with a full kitchen! The bathroom linens were plentiful and fluffy. The bed was comfortable. We had a slight problem with the thermostat and the same young lady that checked us in immediately came up when we called and fixed the problem right away. We were very impressed by her. The value for everything that we got is unbeatable!! This is and will continue to be our place of choice to stay when we come to Albuquerque, NM. When we travel I now only hope that there will be a Candlewood Suites there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. There are over 250 Candlewood Suites in the United States so finding us won't be a problem. We hope to see you again soon when in Albuquerque.
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a blast in New Mexico. Candlewood Suites were comfortable and quiet. The serve large buffet breakfast in the morning. The houses, buildings are nicely built. They have the best park I've ever seen. I was able to site see and take many pictures. Went to one of their casinos but didn't win :( . Still had fun.

Stayed September 2013
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We look forward to your return to Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Candlewood Suites blew our expectations out of the water. The rooms are clean and suites come equipped with not only a large fridge, toaster and stovetop, but also the dishes and utensils for a comfortable home away from home. The staff was more than accommodating and very pleasant to be around. Room service only comes once a week (which was great because I hate being woken up and kicked out of my room like at other hotels). I cannot express how thankful I was to have picked this one. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Only one elevator, so ground floor would be easier to navigate
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Candlewood Suites-Albuquerque. We hope to see you again in the near future.
New York
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Introduction to Candlewood Suites:
Candlewood is an extended stay property that is positioned a step below StayBridge Suites, which are both managed by IHG. Candlewood is unique in a few aspects that surprises many first timers.

1) Candlewood Suites has weekly, not daily, housekeeping.
2) There is no breakfast, they offer some breakfast items for sale in the little store located on the first floor near the laundry room. Prices were pretty reasonable.
3) The rooms are designed for long term stays, not one night stays. You will see people doing laundry, limited number of staff, and the front desk will close overnight (there is a shutter
4) FREE VHS lending library! This was awesome,hilarious, and sad all at the same time.
5) Frills = NONE. The location is a bit off the beaten path, there are no views, no restaurant onsite, no room service (although delivery is available from nearby fast food joints), and the hotel is designed as functional over design.

I actually had a one night stay and enjoyed the property, especially at the low price point. I thought it was a good value for a clean, quiet, and comfortable place to rest my head for the night and would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eric E
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your comments. Hope to see you when in Albuquerque again.
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed January 20, 2014

What I like: nice size room with full kitchen,lots of counter space, big flat screen, nice exercise room, FREE laundry room (on 2 floors), good price. Modern bath with great shower.

What I don't like. Wifi isn't fast enough to use Apple TV and watch NBA games, can't stream my companies training videos.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drdroad
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We will see you when in Albuquerque again.