I was happy with my room to start off on a good note. I really liked that Candlewood in Denver so I chose this one due to previous experiences. I was not happy with my check in at all, sadly. I checked-in at one in the morning and I stood there for 15 minutes while check in was taking place. I made sure that I called before I got off of work that night to make sure that someone knew I still had four hours til I was there. I also work at a hotel so I know how check in goes. Even after telling the guest everything they need to know about their check in I have never had it take 15 minutes. I know that in the Brand Standards it says that I am to receive the minimum of a smile and eye contact which neither my companion or I was given. I know I am supposed to be acknowledged as a loyalty member as well which the gentleman was almost completely in the back office again before mentioning anything about it....not a big deal at all.
I had a wonderful room everything was clean and to my standard. I only had issues finding the hair dryer, also not a problem for me. The room was beautiful. I really wish the ice maker would have been turned on so my companion could have enjoyed his drink that night. Instead we turned it on and waited til morning so we could have some with the water on our way out.
I was having a great morning until I walked out the door and the housekeeper asks me are you checking out. That made me feel rushed and put me in a very irritable mood. I was trying to enjoy my one day off from my hotel and instantly felt like I was being kicked out of another one. Not to say what should and shouldn't be done with a hotel but a housekeeper should NEVER ask you if you are leaving.
Like I said before beautiful rooms and I had a great stay between check in and walking out of my room. The lady who checked us out in the morning was pleasant and we got a smile out of her. So sorry I never got your name but Thank you for the smile and making my day slightly better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and experience our new Comforts of Home Bedding Collection.Candlewood Suites Albuquerque hotel is located in the heart of Albuquerque, New Mexico and is only a one hour drive to Santa Fe. We are near the city's major highways and just 3 miles from downtown. Just a few minutes away from the Albuquerque International Airport, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Park and the mid-town business district. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are also close by. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave and full size refrigerator. Work efficiently at your over sized executive desk with free high-speed Internet, two separate phone lines; check e-mail and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the over stuffed recliner while you enjoy the CD player and DVD/VCR. Borrow your favorites from the free video and CD library. Work off some stress in our fitness center. Visit our Candlewood Cupboard, now featuring 'Juan Valdez' complimentary coffee to all guests. You can also purchase meals, snacks and sundry items at value prices. Pets allowed with a non-refundable fee based on length of stay. $75 for 1-6 nights and $150 for 7+ nights. Pet agreement must be signed at check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites Albuquerque reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites Albuquerque Hotel Albuquerque
- Candlewood Albuquerque
- Albuquerque Candlewood Suites