“Home away from home”

Candlewood Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #61 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Staff here is great, free laundry & convenience store on-site, great value, convenient location. Free wi-fi, free parking.

Stayed here most of last year and a lot of this year. Staff works hard to make you feel appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
LizEspino, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Thank you for your positive post. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay.
Next time you are in Albuquerque, we hope you will stay with us.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Albuquerque

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I had to work in the ABQ and my company put me up at two different places. I stayed at ther Extended Stay America (you may read my review) and here, the Candlewood Suites on Menaul. I am not sure what the rates were for my extended stay, but I was pleased with the Candlewood Suites. Very pleased.

The furnishings are nice, contemporary and, for the room I stayed in, fairly new. There was a full size fridge, a stove top with two burners, a microwave and a dishwasher. Really, a full-size fridge and dishwasher! The sink was small and if you let the dishes stack up, they were troublesome to rinse, so the dishwasher came in handy. They provide enough dishes for two people, I think four can eat fine.

The bathroom was soooo much better than the Extended Stay room. It had a strong shower flow, plenty of room and counter space and two switches, one for vent and one for lights. After my experience at ES, I never thought so much about the difference two switches makes.

There is a nice flat screen TV and a VHS/DVD player with a decent desk/entertainment center for work use. The bed is very comfortable and had everything I liked in my bed furnishings; clean sheets, firm mattress and plenty of pillows to last through the night.

Breakfast would be nice, they do sell some items in their "pantry store" at a very reasonable price for a late night snack. But with free laundry service, who am I to complain? All the washer and dryer units seemed to be in good condition and there was four of each, enough to do my laundry in one night under two hours.

I read some of the other reviews and there are some things that don't make this place perfect. They do not have a breakfast and no swimming pool. They offer a nice cardio fitness area with a bowflex type machine (as you can tell, I didn't use it), but an indoor pool would have made this an "Excellent" stay. There was an A/C unit that was making a lot of noise, either mine or someone near me, but that was not a deal breaker, as the A/C thermostat is very convenient and I've had worse (see my InTown Suites review).

As for staff, they were all nice and handled any request in a timely fashion. Room service showed up once a week and did a fine job cleaning the room and making it smell great. The parking lot was a little small but it felt safe when I returned late in the evening. The location was fairly centralized and if ABQ just had a better freeway system, it would have made arriving at the hotel from I25 a little easier. Other than that, when I go on business trips, this will be where I will stay from now on.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rachel L, Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to see you back in Albuquerque soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This place is great for long or short stops. My family and I stayed there for seven days and the room had everything we needed. Cooking area, two rooms, pull out sofa bed, pet friendly and full size fridge. The room also came with utencils and pots/pans. We did not have maid service but were able to get fresh towels from the front desk. The hotel also offered free laundry services and a small snack bar area. Location is also great, a Walmart is less than a five minute walk. We paid $69 a day including the pet fee. For the price I did not mind the not having the daily housekeeping service. I would definitely recommend to anyone.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ggreenggiant

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our amenities. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

First time at Candlewood suites. We enjoyed the two nights we stayed. Really liked having the laundry/snack area and the gym was well equipped. Located right off the highway to downtown and most attractions. Price was great!!

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for your positive comments. Think of us next time you visit Albuquerque!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel. Our room came equipped with a full kitchen with full size fridge and dishwasher, plates, glasses, cookware and serving pieces. There was a full size walk in closet, and a nice desk area with corkboard to one could post or keep notes in plain sight. The bed was a queen size. This is not a fancy hotel, but good value for the money. My family was able to fix dinner in the room and save a little on the cost of going out. If your looking for an upscale place to stay, this is not it...but good value for the money. Would recommend with qualifications to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherlock6142

Thank you for the positive review, we appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again. Be sure to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Since there is a Holiday Inn Express just over the road, I would recommend travellers to defer to that hotel. There is no breakfast and the suite we stayed in smelled of cooked food. If you are anIHG rewards (formerly Priority Club) member. Then stay away, they do not recognise you! Very sad that IHG seems to have downgraded this brand. Formerly they had one of the best breakfasts going!

Room Tip: Do not choose room 216
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank caprontee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear caprontee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel.

I am truly disappointed to hear that your stay didn't live up to your expectations. I am sorry that we were not able to give you the highest level of service and customer care our members deserve. Our staff pay special attention to our members and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for the poor experience and service issues you have encountered.

As a club member, your patronage and support to our hotel are very much important, as such, we are concerned when we fell short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality of services we offer. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was a welcome luxury on the way back from a long cross country trip. The hotel is spotless, the staff was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean and well laid out. The A/C was perfect, the "pantry" a great way to get food without having to get back in the car. A very comfortable chair would have been nicer if not leather, but that's my personal preference.
It's not designed for travelers as much as for business folks staying for awhile so there is no pool.

Be careful when approaching from the East, if you miss the turn you end up going across a bridge to turn around and get back.

Room Tip: even number rooms face east
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. Please be sure to visit us again whenever you are passing through Albuquerque!