“I Love Candlewood, its Always wonderful But NOT THIS ONE”

Candlewood Suites Albuquerque
Ranked #60 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had a great stay at first then I extended my stay I called in to do so, the next day I was woken up by house keeping banging on my door. over & over mind yuo I extended my stay because I was ill. Then I start getting harassing phone calls from front desk. Mind you the money has already been taken out of my account. Stilll calling to go down to front desk, so I go down to front dek tell her Im staying 2 more day. The girl says fine I ask do I need to sign anything she says no. I go back to my room to be sick. Sick all night still in room again bang bang bang said what I dont need house keeping. She comes in anyway now naked freaking out just out of shower. Then 10 minutes later ring ring ring....rudly the woman says YOU NEED TO COME DOWN HERE NOW, I said I have already saying 2 more days cant i just pay you like the last times with out coming back down there I went last night ....NO YOU have to come now...Im sick I cant...No now. Canat you look on you tape & see I went down there last night?? No mam I dont know what you look like...so I go down there, mind you all night my key had been deactivated I think 3 times,and my internet, becase she didnt renew them. But she said no the key was deactivated because of your cell phone. Said oh I have been here a week and just now they are deactivated because you checked me out then basically she called me a liar.....ACTUALLY EVERYONE IS GREAT BUT DAY TIME OPERATIONS MANAGER....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Starr W
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Albuquerque

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This was my husband's and my first stay at a Candlewood, but not our last. Loved the way the room was designed, with a long countertop area to eat or work, flatscreen TV, comfortable bed, kitchenette. Very clean room, and great price. What a great introduction to the chain, and we'll be using them again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NextDestination77
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My wife and I spent 7 + 1 days at the Candlewood Suites in Albuquerque and had a great time. Price, Location, Comfort, cleanliness, it had it all. They had a "Candlewood cupboard" where you could buy necessities and food without having to find and drive to a grocery store. We definitely will use this hotel again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Texyankee
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently visited Albuquerque on a business trip and we were able to get our entire weekend at candlewood suites for less than $150. The hotel is very clean and quiet we enjoyed our mini kitchen and the free movie rentals. We will definetly be staying at candlewood suites in the future.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Recently rennovated property with a central location in Albuquerque makes this property a solid choice for an extended stay hotel. The amenities are basic, but I enjoy the Candlewood Cupboard, which provides food and beverage items on a pay-as-you-go honor system. Free coffee available all-day long is nice. Workout room with basic equipment for cardio and weights allows an average hotel fitness experience. Only complaint was trying to check-out on a Sunday, nobody was available at the front desk for about 35-40 minutes while the clerk was checking rooms for housekeeping. Perhaps a little short-staffed that day??

Overall, no hesitation recommending this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TheAviator2
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Never stayed at Candlewood Suites, before. Great room. Like the concept of housekeeping 1x per week. Great kitchen. Free laundry facilities! A self seve store open 24 hrs used on the honor system. Great gym. No breakfast. Good for an extended stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barry S
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great place except for the noisy A/C. It keeps cycling on/off. Forget watching TV unless you're sitting right next to it. The volumn can only be turned up to a certain level which when you're sitting at the desk or in bed is too low to hear. This same thing happened last month at the Loveland CO Candlewood. Both are clean places with excellent staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rotornut
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear rotornut,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I appreciate your compliments about our excellent staff and the overall cleanliness of the hotel. I am sorry that the issues with the air conditioner and television negatively affected your experience with us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera M