“Terrific! Wish I Could Have Stayed Longer”

Courtyard Albuquerque
Ranked #60 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Terrific! Wish I Could Have Stayed Longer”
Reviewed September 13, 2010

On my last night in New Mexico, I stayed at this Marriott Courtyard, away from the I-25 side, and was completely won over by this brand. I had stayed a few nights in an expensive Bed and Breakfast in Santa Fe, and believe me, this hotel was cleaner, more spacious and had more amenities ! There were cookies in the lobby when I arrived well after 5pm. Complementary cold water, punch and hot tea or coffee, too. The bed was firm, the bedding clean, the room spotless, plenty of closet space, and I appreciated the availability of in-room movies. The bathroom was spacious with an alcove just outside of it with a 4-cup coffee maker. [None of those 1-cup "modern" deals that are truly awful.] The breakfast I had in Peppers restaurant was one of the best in the 4 days I was in NM. Did not use the pool or hot tub, but I'd highly recommend this hotel !

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank SAVisitor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
Reviewed August 8, 2010

WIth a name like Marriott you would expect top notch service and security. At the beginning of my 5 night stay, I requested a courtyard side room. I was told they would move me as soon as one was available. Never Happened. Instead I was blessed with the humm of the interstate traffic all week long. Then my car was vandalized in the parking lot and items stolen from my car. The security guard just walked by after the cops arrived and shook his head, not offering any sort of assistance. During our conference there, a beverage cooler that was outside our conference room, was taken as well. When I went to check out, I had charges on my bill that were not mine. One was from the gift shop that I didnt even know they had, and the other charges for were phone calls that were made to the police! Yes i was charged to call the cops from this hotel. I was told that only the manager could take those charges off my bill and they would let her know. Of course, this must be the same manager that was suppose to get back to me after I requested to talk to her 2 times previously. Needless to say, I was never given credit on my bill. Interesting that couches were being replaced in the hotel during our stay and someone was selling them for $50 cash outside the back door. Of course only some people had to pay the $50, others were given the couches for free. I just wonder what is really going on at this hotel. I will make sure that anyone that I know hears about my experience. They made over $700 from me this week, besides all of my belongings taken. I will never stay at any Marriott associated property ever again!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
5 Thank Sandra88012
California
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I stayed here while attending the Balloon Fiesta this year. At $200 a night, this was certainly not a value, but I booked late and was told this is the expected rate during the week-long festival. The hotel is typical of most Courtyards -- clean, quiet and comfortable but nothing special. It is only a 10-minute drive from the hotel to the festival grounds, so location was its selling feature for me. A bonus I discovered upon arrival was that the Rio Grande Arts & Crafts Festival was being held that weekend next to the hotel. Do ask for directions and follow them carefully -- although you can see the hotel from the freeway, it was difficult to get to, especially if arriving at night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Tez1009
Lower 48
Reviewed October 13, 2009

Typical Courtyard, though the rooms (mine at least) are smaller than most. A room facing into the courtyard is a must;otherwise you are subjected to I25 traffic right outside your window. Don't depend on the restaurant: It closes when the staff feels like it, ignoring the posted hours. There are much better - and cheaper - places to eat nearby.

My biggest problem with this hotel is the strong odor of bleach in the towels and bed linens, and of some perfumed disinfectant in the corridors. Whether this is being done to cover up a problem, or to save money in the laundry, it's really offensive, and I'm not unusually sensitive to such things.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Hastings-on-Hudson, NY
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Guessed at this choice and were very pleased - stayed 3 days as a base for exploring Albuquerque before going on to Santa Fe. The Journal Center area is removed from the central ABQ, but is surrounded by many amenities and corporate businesses, all well landscaped. Being several miles north of downtown proved to be an advantage - an easy drive to Petroglyph National Monument, the Sandia Peak Tram, and yet downtown (Old Town, U of NM, Nob Hill) only minutes away. Staff was extremely friendly, we got a ground floor room facing the courtyard (the east side rooms face busy I-25) and we enjoyed the serene fountain, lush plantings, hummingbirds, comfortable outdoor couches - an oasis... pleasant and relaxing. We'd go in the pool after a day of hiking, sit outside to dry off in the afternoon sun, get appetizers from the in-house restaurant, sit outside and read... this Courtyard delivered value, a welcoming attitude, and a relaxing environment.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TripWired
Los Alamos NM
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We live two hours from Albuquerque and frequently go down for one night stays. This was our first stay at the Courtyard. It was a very nice hotel, lobby was welcoming, front desk staff helpful, nice linens in the room. We will probably stay here again.

• Liked — Gas Logs in Lobby.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank dwwilburn
UK
Reviewed January 28, 2007

I'm not especially fussy about hotels, but when they are noticably bad, it gets to me.

Marriott Courtyard is normally a reasonable place to stay but I can't recommend the one in Albuquerque. My room was tired, in need of renovation and very noisy with the freeway wizzing by just outside the window.

Got to the hotel tired and hungry, checked the room service menu and phoned just before 10pm, only to be told "the chef's already gone home". Not even an apology, or an offer to bring me a sandwich.

Breakfast choice was pretty limited too - the only fruit was melon, but they did have a huge bowl of grits. Frankly,not what you expect when you're paying $100+ per night.

• Liked — checking out
  • Disliked — the whole experience
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank welshpool