“Class act all the way”

Ranked #60 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Olathe, Kansas
“Class act all the way”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Courtyard is usually a very good choice for the business traveler. This was very true for Courtyard ABQ as well. I received a nice/informational welcome email from the manager on the morning before my stay. Much appreciated. Both Justin and Michelle at the desk area make the guests welcome.
See you in August.

Room Tip: There is considerable freeway construction going on near the I25 side of the hotel. I would suggest...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff B
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Jeff,

Thanks for your comments here and for staying with us here in Albuquerque.

We look forward to seeing you again, next time your travels bring you to the great state of enchantment.

Justin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We are Gold Members, and have enjoyed Marriott facilities worldwide. We were so disappointed when we stayed in the Courtyard the week of June 23, 2014. The facilities are new and courtyard is beautiful and well kept. Service staff didn't have the time to look up and greet us coming or going. During our four day stay every staff member I met seemed sad or exhausted. We ate a meal in their bar area about 7pm and everything tasted like cold hot pockets, every item was returned to be warmed. On my first morning there I went to the Starbucks, and paid Starbuck's price, only to be poured an ice tea from the restaurant metal pitcher. The linens were clean along with the room, the lotion sample had been opened and used.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mskitty1974
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We certainly did not meet your standards you have come to expect as a loyal Gold Rewards member, nor did your experience meet mine, for that please accept my sincere apologies.
I and we are committed to improving and we will use your comments as tool to train and show our staff what happens when we ignore our guests.

Justin Telford
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

You know how when someone asks how you are and you say "fine" meaning not bad, but also not great either? Well this is how I will describe this hotel, it's fine....not great, but not bad.

It's location is currently hampered by all of the highway construction going on where you need to exit. This should improve at some point, but right now it's annoying. There is nothing you can walk to in terms of restaurants or shops so you have to drive and deal with the traffic issues each day.

The hotel has a nice lobby but the rooms are rather bland but certainly comfortable enough. I was on the second floor and the wifi signal was good. Towels are really skimpy (in size).

Nothing about the place stands out as exceptional....neither exceptionally bad nor exceptionally good.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ReiversGo
We appreciate your comments about the Courtyard. We are always committed to improving and striving to provide the very best in service. We will evaluate where we can improve, so there are areas where we stand out.
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Overall a mixed feeling on this one. Just a quick overnight with the family and chose this hotel due to its location. Remember that. I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email welcoming us and more importantly explaining the traffic problem due to road construction in the area. Should have been a flag to me. Hotel was nicely clean and has a very nice outside courtyard and indoor pool.The room was nice and clean. Employees were polite but not very engaging. We had thought of getting room service when we returned to the hotel that evening but I am not really sure if there is room service or not. There was a flyer that said that there were a few items available but a full menu was available at the front desk. Kind of confusing. We decided no thanks. It was about that time that my review takes a turn. Remember that warning about some construction in the area? Oh yes it is. Not only that but the traffic on the highway is quite loud. Worst nights sleep in ages. I want to give this rating somewhere between average and very good. Good would be more applicable. If staying in that area be aware of the noise.

Room Tip: Avoid until construction is done or at very very least request a room away from the freeway. If not...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for your stay here in Albuquerque and for responding with feedback about your experience. We are always committed to the complete satisfaction of our guests, so will use this as avenue to provide better service and less confusion. Just the few rooms on our north end can be affected by the noise, so we apologize for that.
Good news about construction up on freeway is they are few months ahead of schedule, so will be finishing up sooner than expected.

We hope to see you again in Albuquerque.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I spent three nights at this hotel over the course of a long weekend. It has a nice lobby and comfortable lounge. The courtyard area in the center of the hotel is a great place to relax. The room was a good size (king size bed, couch, two closets, and a bathroom area). The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. It is in a good location and close to many of the tourist attractions (15 minutes to the airport, 10 minutes to Old Town Albuquerque, 15 minutes to the tramway).

Room Tip: If you can, stay on the fourth floor. We had a courtyard view, but from the fourth floor you could...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to respond here. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Albuquerque was enjoyable.

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

My bathroom had a strong repulsive odor and when I informed (not complain) the front desk, they didn't offer me any solutions. Basically left with a feeling of "deal with it". I had to ask for a deodorizer which was only brought up to my room after 3 FOLLOW UP CALLS. Never staying in this property again. I'm surprised it has the Marriott brand attached to it's name. Horrible all around.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Mjjjl04
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for providing feedback about your experience. You certainly were not treated and given the proper respect as a guest of ours, nor did that meet my expectations, and for that I sincerely apologize. We are always committed to providing the very best possible service and accommodations to our guests, so we will be using this feedback to further train our staff , so future guests are not treated as poorly.

Justin T.
Texas
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I really liked this hotel, even though it isn't new. I loved the courtyard and the room was very nice and comfortable. The clerk was very friendly and accommodating. We got an excellent military rate ($86) and that is the best price I've paid for a room in several years. The hotel was very clean and the bed was very comfortable - and quiet! I would stay here again if I drive through Albuquerque. Definitely.

Room Tip: The free breakfast with military rate was extended to the service member only. I am also a card hol...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Justin T, General Manager at Courtyard Albuquerque, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your recent stay here and for providing feedback about your experience.
We are very happy that you left here with a desirer to return, we have achieved our goal.

Justin