“Nice place at a decent price”

Courtyard Albuquerque
Ranked #56 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My first stay at this hotel. It was challenging to get there, but I liked the location. It was within a few miles of several restaurants, a movie theater and other entertainment. The staff was very polite and helpful. The room had extra pillows and towels, was very clean and had a beautiful view of the courtyard. The wi-fi was free and worked great. The only negative that I noticed in the room was the tiny refrigerator. It was much smaller than those located at other hotels and wouldn't have been sufficient if I had traveled with my family. My only other suggestion concerning this hotel is to skip the breakfast. It cost an additional $10 was not worth it at all!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TxRangerFan
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Albuquerque

Reviewed February 4, 2013

This was our 1st stay. Finding the hotel wasn't difficult but trying to get to it was a little difficult. Overall, the staff was very friendly, the rooms clean & comfortable. The breakfast was, IMO, a little pricey at $10+ for a buffett. They don't allow pets (we didn't take ours but often do) so had this been a leisure visit, we would've opted for another hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel is right off I25 so ask for a room away from the freeway otherwise it can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aglucas
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two different time during our trip. Both times the staff were courteous and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We did find that the rooms on the side away from the freeway are much quieter. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My family and I just returned from a conference held at the Marriott The meeting rooms and conference service were adequate, but the hotel service and overall facilities were lacking. The bath drain was clogged. Part of the ceiling over the shower was hanging down. Vending machines were not stocked. All the doors to the pool/spa room did not close. The women's bathroom door did not lock. And the hotel restaurant would not take our room service order. When we called the front desk, we were told the restaurant was swamped. A minute later we walked by the restaurant on our way out to dinner and saw they had 1 table and a few bar patrons. We just laughed and headed out! On the other hand the hotel was quiet, the beds super comfortable, and we slept like lazy dogs. And, Wi Fi was free!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We checked in the evening at a corporate rate of $90. Check-in was no problem. The decor and floor plan was nice. This hotel is more of a business/corporate type which in this case we were there on business. The decor was nice and the room was clean. The great thing about this room was the outlets. They were everywhere, you didn't have to search for them. The shampoo and stuff were nice, Paul Mitchell products. The restroom had a nice fan. Easy access to hotel from Paseo Del Norte & I-25 on the frontage road. The checkout time was noon. There was a restaurant onsite but unfortunately I went out for dinner and breakfast. I had no problems with my stay here. This is a quiet low key hotel. My room was situated on the west side of the hotel. I'm not sure about noise level on the east side of hotel because I-25 is just across the street.

Room Tip: Stay on west side of hotel, there's an interstate on the east side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed here two nights in July of 2012 on my way to Las Vegas, using the last of my Marriott Reward points. As far as Courtyards go, this particular one is pretty standard with a few Southwestern/New Mexican accents. Hopefully, this hotel will be upgraded in the near future to the present Courtyard standard (fridges in all rooms, big touchscreen with traffic and local restaurant info, etc. in the lobby). Hotel was in a very quiet area at I-25 and Paseo del Norte, across the highway from Target, Weck's, Five Guys, Saffron Tiger, etc. Very good location if you need to go to both Albuquerque and Rio Rancho.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed just one night at this Courtyard, choosing it because it was close to the Balloon Fiesta grounds during the Balloon Fiesta this year. We were only there one night, but it was a pleasant place to stay. It is an older property that has been renovated satisfactorily. It has a nice inner courtyard area, aside from the swimming pool, where we had a glass of wine before dinner. It was only about 15 minutes to the parking at the Balloon Fiesta (distance was less than two miles, but Fiesta traffic can be an issue.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends