“Rude morning front desk clerk”

Courtyard Albuquerque
Ranked #56 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel because a friend was able to get a good rate. Well...even with the good rate it was a nightmare hotel!!! When checking in we gave the front desk clerk our faxed rate sheet & our method of payment. At 8:30 Sunday morning the front desk clerk calls and tells me they didn't get the fax and I need to give her a payment method. I informed her this was all done the day we checked in. She says we don't have it. I tell her you wake me up for this and expect me to go down now and give you a method of payment? She say yes we need a method of payment. I told her she was ridiculous, hung up the phone and went down in my pajamas. We get to the front desk and my brother tells her what I did and we brought in the fax confirmation. She opens her book and what do you think is there? Yes, our fax confirmation was there like we said it was. We get no apology and she asks for a payment method. I have never been so furious with someone. Because of her my family will never stay at this hotel and I will tell all my friends about the poor front desk service!!!
My dad went down earlier to ask for toilet paper because housekeeping didn't do their job either the morning before after seeing there was only 1/4 of a roll of felt paper. He asked this same desk clerk and she didn't acknowledge him at all. He had to say did you hear me? Why would Marriott want to employ such a rude indidividual??? This has been the worst hotel stay I've ever had and I travel a lot and stay at many hotel chains. I with think twice about staying at Marriott in the future.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank bgemini
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Albuquerque

Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed here the night of July 25 for my birthday with my girlfriend. Check in was extremly smooth, I work at hotel myself and was impressed by the level of service. The room exactly what we booked, highest floor, king bed, courtyard view. It was extremly clean and well appointed. The keys worked perfect everytime for our room and for the side entrances. We did have one big inconvience but, to the hotel's defense, it was not their fault. Excessive rains a cuple days earlier caused some fire alarms to malfunction at 415am. We were fast asleep and after a few hectic minutes we realized what it was. The noise was painfully loud, a good thing if it would have been a real alarm, my girlfriend wil not wake up for anything (not even our hospital style bed when it moves) and it got her up quick. After a couple minutes oustide the alarm was silenced only to come back on right when we got to our room. We called the front desk this time and were told it was a false alarm. We went down to the lobby (the alarm there was a little lass painful, lol) and there were 40-50 wandering about. The staff was courteous and informative and we were told by the firemen that there was nothing they could do until a technician for the alarm system arrived. The alarm would sound every 5 or so minutes after the first couple times but was silinced immediatly until about 630 - 7am. My girlfriend was able to fall back asleep, I am sure because of the incredibly comfortable beds, but I was kept awake by a loud, for 5am, family in the courtyard. Again, not the hotel's fault. In the morning the front desk staff was great and after a pleasant chat with them I was given 50% off the rate, an already discounted rate to begin with. It's unfortunate that this had to had because everything about the hotel is great. Its hard to fault them for an act of nature.

Room Tip: Specify a courtyard view and highest level possible if booking online.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ElliottJDoris
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Tripadvisor is funny because the reviews vary so much...I recently drove cross country and I try to stay at Marriotts so I picked this one online by chance. It was one of the nicest places I have ever stayed at. The rooms were good but the grounds are wonderful. The restaurant was great along with the service. I have a hard time believing that people received bad service here because it was exceptional for me. Someone remarked that this is like the lower budget hotel from the nearby pyramid. I say bogus to that. The pyramid seemed like some kind of Vegas tourist trap to me and this hotel seemed like a perfect place to stay for a southwest vacation with the family or a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Chad L
Reviewed May 14, 2012

The front desk was superb as was our catering mgr Raylene----this place is perfect for parties, r and r, or just for a getaway. This is our first choice in albuquerque for the perfect pool, jacuzzi, weightroom, food and drinks. We love staying here for Staycations!

Room Tip: ask for a room in the back of the property for quiet relaxation.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DukeCityGirl_12
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We stayed for one night in February. The room was clean, but smelled of bug spray. Good location. We checked in late at night, the receptionist was friendly enough. Didn't dine in the restaurant, but it looked nice. Nice lobby. Great rates, but I think most hotels in Albuquerque have good rates since there are so many to choose from. Would stay here again just to earn points.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have stayed at the Courtyard ABQ by Journal center several times over the past years. The location is excellent for getting to the west side (Alameda, RIo Rancho, Paradise Hills), and equally good for northeast area. They have updated the decor in the rooms and redesigned the innner lobby and lounge. The accomodations are similar to most Courtyards, but with the southwestern flair.

Our most recent stay, the front desk staff was very freindly, and the hotel was busy, but not loud (at least not audible from inside the room). The parking lot is very large, but could use more/better lighting. Several dark spots can be intimidating for those traveling solo.

Recommend trying Milly's sandwich shop for great coffee and breakfast (about 3/4 mile southwest).

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Stayed for one night while in town for business. Great staff, comfortable room, nice lobby and restaurant here. On the edge of town and quiet location.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business