“Great location for the Balloon Fiesta”

Courtyard Albuquerque
Ranked #64 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Attending the Balloon Fiesta & wanted a hotel close to the park with a fridge in room. Courtyard Marriott fit the bill. Great location, beautiful properly and nice room, although it was quite small even for the 2 of us. Staff was great - prepared to help us with info on getting to the Balloon Fiesta, best exit to take and times to arrive, etc. Did not offer breakfast early enough to make it to the Dawn Patrol - but having a fridge helped. The Balloon Fiesta was fabulous, by the way, and usual "carnival" type food was better than average. Besides being close to Fiesta Park, there are plenty of restaurants, shopping, and easy access to I-25. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed 6 nights sept 2011. Lovely hotel. Love the Courtyard in the centre of the hotel. Attentive staff. Rooms good but a little on the small side. If 2 people are in a room it is a little hard to find where to put your luggage. in any case that is only a minor problem.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We booked 3 rooms for 3 nights for my husband and I, our children and grandchildren. It was a perfect setting. Our room was extremely clean and comfortable. The courtyard is beautiful with numerous comfortably furnished seating areas. The temperature perfect indoor pool is secured by a room key entry and has an attractive seating area enclosed by a fence. Our room overlooked the courtyard and each morning there were hot air balloons in the sky. The different strengths of coffee provided in the lobby were delicious and the kids enjoyed the hot chocolate. Later in the day, cucumber water, lemonade and chocolate chip cookies were available in the lobby (free of charge). On the down side, the hot tub was only warm and there is no continental breakfast. There is an on-site restaurant (I think) and a 24 hour "market" where a variety of food is sold and a microwave is provided. This hotel is conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. The rate is very reasonable. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We are allowed to use one state government ID for a government rate on all 3 rooms (non business tra...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Vickia L
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Perhaps the best Courtyard Marriot we have visited to date - hidden away about 5 miles north of I-40, on I-25 in an area surrounded by 'corporate park' properties. Really great Southwest decor throughout and an amazing courtyard in the center: there was a wedding in the courtyard the night of our stay! Lobby on one side of the courtyard, and pool with whirlpool and fitness spa on the other. [Special note on the pool - great design: it incorporates a 'panhandle' shape that includes a (not full, but still) lap swimming section .] Rooms are great - another Courtyard property where the King bed is 90 degrees from the standard hotel room so that it faces the windows, and your back is to the door and bathroom. No fridge in our room but they are available on request. Resturant on-site had a short, but tasty menu, and pay breakfats for about $10. We have been traveling from Cape Cod > LA and this was the best hotel on the entire trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2d or 3rd floor, facing into the Courtyard: you'll have a great view!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnmc82
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This hotel was about as good a place to stay as there is in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, Albuquerque doesn't have a whole lot to offer but we were attending a wedding and had to make the best of our time. The service was pretty good and the pool/workout facility was great. There were a lot of car break-ins in the area while we were staying there so we made sure we kept a good eye on our vehicle the whole time we were there. We stayed on the bottom floor so we parked our car within sight of our room. I would highly recommend doing this anywhere in ABQ as their crime rate isn't known for being low. There was a very nice courtyard in the middle of the hotel that was nice to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. I wouldn't recommend the hotel bar because it is severly over-priced. You can go to any package store within three blocks and make your own drinks for much cheaper.

Room Tip: I would ask for a bottom floor room so that I can keep an eye on my vehicle.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank jacobbroberts
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I've never seen a Courtyard like this. The outside of the hotel is traditional New Mexico style. The inside is also very Southwestern decor. It is a beyond beautiful, huge place. The rooms are pure luxury; everything from the overstuffed, firm bed, to the fluffy towels. It had all the qualities you would find in a 5-star hotel. It was super clean and fresh! Of course, there is free Internet and parking.

The front desk guy was so nice and accommodating; very good serivce there. There's a huge lobby and a big, full-service restaurant. There's a wonderful breakfast buffet in the restaurant (it's very good), but that is not normally included in your room rate (the cost is around $9). If you can find a special on the room that includes the breakfast buffet, by all means get it. It's worth paying a little extra for this great buffet.

I can't speak much for the area, as I was just passing through. But, I do know it was right off the Interstate.

I loved staying here, and would go back and stay longer. I really enjoyed the luxury of it. I don't stay at Courtyards all that often, but I might start after this one - fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tczig
Reviewed January 23, 2011

As a stop along my road trip, I had the pleasure of staying with Courtyard ABQ. Nice hotel, well kept and friendly, helpful service. I left a very nice scarf in the bar, and it was returned to me that same evening. I have never experienced that before. The desk suggested a restaurant called "El Pinto"; it was great! My room was very quiet, as was the overall property. I would refer this hotel to anyone who has travel plans to Albuquerque!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo