“A clean place to sleep in Albuquerque”

Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast
Ranked #126 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found Crossland a little cramped but clean. We just spent one night and found Crossland much cleaner than other economy places we have stayed in Albuquerque, NM. We did no more than sleep so I do not know about the TV or WiFi. The lack of pool or gym was not a problem and I was pleased not to have to pay for those things I would not be using. It was not real close to the interstate but we found it. The price was good for what we needed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the cleanliness our room. I wanted to apologize for the room being a bit to small.

Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

This is a very inexpensive place and as such it's tough to rate. Compared to a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express it's not much, but at 1/3 the price it's a pretty great place. I was there for only one night & only met one employee. She was just fine. Mattresses are hard, and as far I'm concerned that's a good thing. Place was quiet, reasonably clean, TV worked fine, etc. Surprised there was no iron, but there was a coffee maker. Had no trouble finding the location. Most importantly, I felt safe there. I have stayed at other inexpensive motels where I definitely couldn't say that. I would, and probably will, stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Most of the staff is rude and they are bullies. They take your $ and then force you to pay for commodities that are included in the room. I was forced to pay ~$50 for a local call I made in the Abq area. When i complained I was told, & i quote, "You can shut your mouth or leave."

Room Tip: Check in between mattress the last time i stayed here there was a bag of pee there which they accuse...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank otis j
Reviewed July 12, 2013

After a failed camping attempt due to weather we checked in here.

The front desk/office was not clearly marked (it was in the middle of the hotel on the back side of it). Check in took 40+ minutes because apparently they only have one computer at the front desk and it was down.

We crashed pretty quickly because almost losing your tent to a sudden thunderstorm is tiring! At about 2 AM the fire alarm went off, with a speaker right outside our door. This went on for several minutes. I went outside, didn't see anyone reacting, so decided to go back inside.

Turns out, for all I deserve to complain about the fire alarm, it was a blessing, because lo and behold, the bed was infested with bedbugs! Dozens of them, camping out where we had been sleeping just minutes earlier, with the baby.

I called the night service desk, and we got put in a new room, but didn't exactly trust the bed. Nevertheless, we managed to get a little sleep in.

If I could rate this lower than "Terrible" I would. Words do not describe, in thirty years of staying in hotels I've never seen bedbugs.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Paul G
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The bed is only slightly more comfortable than the floor, they forgot to give me towels, the shower curtain hugs EVERY part of your body while in the shower, and the other people staying there are loud. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank teriens
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed at this location twice now in a two year period. Both stays have been very comfortable. I was looking for budget accomodation with kitchenette near the Northeast Heights. I travel for business, and I've stayed in a variety of similar places across the country.
The rooms are not fancy, but very clean, all appliances worked fine. Most importantly, the kitchen and bathroom were in good shape and clean. Don't expect amenities like a built in hair dryer or iron, but they provide coffee and a coffee maker. I think what is provided is more than appropriate for the cost of the room.
I had an irregularity in my bill which was taken care of right away by Debbie (manager). Customer service here has always been good.
This location is right off Hwy 25, but is surprisingly quiet. There is an outpost of the Sprouts supermarket nearby, so it's convenient to shop for food. A little further away, you'll find several Flying Star restaurants, as well as Dions (good pizza, especially with NM green chile!). The Whole Foods on Wyoming is my favorite WF, try the cheddar cheese-green chile roll. Old town, the zoo and downtown are about 15 mins drive away.
Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel, whether you are staying for work or vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Our hotel is strongly committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been here for 5 weeks now. had one problem that my tv was not working correctly. they came a fixed it right away. I had to leave and go to Houston. Came back and they already had my old room ready for me. Me and my employees left for a weekend and they held our rooms so we did not have to take all of our items with us. That was great. The Staff here is great and very accommodating. Debbie the Manager and Saul the Mantanice person have been great. I would suggest this place if you are staying for a long time like I am. For the people that due not give this place high ratings you are expecting a lot more like the the Hyatt of some thing like that. The people here are great and will take care of you as long as you talk to them and they will talk to you. 5 star place for my stay.....

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed. I am not as I travel a lot for work and spend most of my time on the r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jswerkes
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Albuquerque-NE. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get such positive feedback like yours. This tells me that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all our guests, no matter if they are staying a night, a week or a month. So it is good to know that we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we look forward to seeing you again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.