“Convenient, clean and well priced”

Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast
Ranked #130 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed at this location twice now in a two year period. Both stays have been very comfortable. I was looking for budget accomodation with kitchenette near the Northeast Heights. I travel for business, and I've stayed in a variety of similar places across the country.
The rooms are not fancy, but very clean, all appliances worked fine. Most importantly, the kitchen and bathroom were in good shape and clean. Don't expect amenities like a built in hair dryer or iron, but they provide coffee and a coffee maker. I think what is provided is more than appropriate for the cost of the room.
I had an irregularity in my bill which was taken care of right away by Debbie (manager). Customer service here has always been good.
This location is right off Hwy 25, but is surprisingly quiet. There is an outpost of the Sprouts supermarket nearby, so it's convenient to shop for food. A little further away, you'll find several Flying Star restaurants, as well as Dions (good pizza, especially with NM green chile!). The Whole Foods on Wyoming is my favorite WF, try the cheddar cheese-green chile roll. Old town, the zoo and downtown are about 15 mins drive away.
Overall, I can highly recommend this hotel, whether you are staying for work or vacation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Our hotel is strongly committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I have been here for 5 weeks now. had one problem that my tv was not working correctly. they came a fixed it right away. I had to leave and go to Houston. Came back and they already had my old room ready for me. Me and my employees left for a weekend and they held our rooms so we did not have to take all of our items with us. That was great. The Staff here is great and very accommodating. Debbie the Manager and Saul the Mantanice person have been great. I would suggest this place if you are staying for a long time like I am. For the people that due not give this place high ratings you are expecting a lot more like the the Hyatt of some thing like that. The people here are great and will take care of you as long as you talk to them and they will talk to you. 5 star place for my stay.....

Room Tip: You will not be disappointed. I am not as I travel a lot for work and spend most of my time on the r...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jswerkes
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Crossland Albuquerque-NE. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get such positive feedback like yours. This tells me that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all our guests, no matter if they are staying a night, a week or a month. So it is good to know that we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we look forward to seeing you again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Sadly, this is truly their budget chain and it felt like it. Not even close to a regular Extended Stay America or Homestead Suites. Really more like the Motel 6 of budget suite hotels. Bathrooms were cheap, beds were cheap, alarm clock didn't work, etc They didn't even have shampoo or hair dryers.
The staff was nice and helpful, and I know we can on a sold-out weekend, but they stuck us in a dirty smoking room on the first night that was horrible. I had them switch us to another room the next night, which was fine and clean.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
bbrauss, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Arrived on Friday night Oct. 5th 2012.it's very complicated to find the entrance to it! The room had a bad odor, the carpets and chairs are very, very stained, the remote control did not work. The bed was hard as a rock, the blankets on the bed were aweful and DIRTY!!! The sheets had short and long hairs, and a lot of dog or some sort of animal fur on them! The sheets also had some kind of stains on them, 1 could see they have NOT been washed, the pillow cases as well. Shame, shame, shame, what does housekeeping or management really do there? This place should have some kind ofSURPRISE STATE INSPECTION!!!!!! My money was waisted on this place!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Albuquerque - Northeast. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

We booked this hotel online and it was definitely a one night stop. Our room smelled, the carpets were so dirty and looked like they had never been cleaned. The sheets were stained so I ended up bringing in blankets,etc from our car because of the general appearance. The beds were so hard it was like laying on the floor and the pillows looked like they were cheap and very old. We paid about 75 bucks for this room and it was definitely NOT worth the charge compared to the room on our next stop for the same amount at a La Quinta. The location is hard to find and all the businesses around it have razor barbed wire on their fencing. Doesn't quite make one feel so safe!

I had another reservation for 2 weeks at another Crossland location and I cancelled all the days except for the bare minimum due to their confusing refund policy (which sounded like it was based all on the manager's mood) and the quality of this room. I don't want to be stuck in such a subpar room.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tricia C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios Albuquerque - Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. From the bedding to the basic amenities we offer, we strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. My apologies for not being able to meet these expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Got a free night stay because another extended stay was bad... this one was worse. Stayed 2 nights. Cheap run down place... cracks & water damaged ceilings... stand up shower only that looks a bit scary.
The beds are harder than the floor & don't ask me if this carpet has ever been cleaned.
Free Wi-Fi is the only amenity to the place - but nothing to make you feel welcome. The list of what they DON'T provide for guests is longer than what they will. They do NOT honor online prices from their own site, they do NOT clean your room or change new towels unless you go & get them yourself, they do NOT serve any breakfast, they do NOT put in shampoos or cond., they expect you to wash dishes but do NOT give you soap... Sorry Extended stay - but I don't even want another free night.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else... this is more of a weekly motel for the almost homeless
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

An EasyToBook.com traveler
Albuquerque
Reviewed July 5, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Thank An EasyToBook.com traveler