“Great place near Old Town”

Econo Lodge Old Town
Ranked #16 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband & I & a friend decided to give this place a try since the reviews were positive & the prices were moderate. We were there for two nights & were all favorably impressed. Our rooms were clean & well equipped. The complimentary breakfast was more complete than at most motels (& some hotels!) & the service was friendly & efficient. It was very well located for Old Town (which has some tasty restaurants mixed in amongst all the shops & the museum). We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We spent three nights at the Econo Lodge in Old Town recently during the Balloon Fiesta after a nearly two week road trip. I can honestly say I had the best service at this location than any of the other stops during our trip. I was having difficulty securing tickets for the Fiesta on line and the front desk clerk, Elena graciously offered to help me, even though she was overwhelmed with phone calls and walk in's inquiring about accommodations for the busy weekend. She did the same for others as well and I heard several other very positive comments about her and the entire staff as well. Her helpfulness and willingness to help everyone was evident to all. The location of this motel was perfect with the Old Town shopping district just a short distance walk and the breakfast included eggs and breakfast meat along with all the traditional items ones would find on a good motel breakfast buffet. If I ever find myself in Albuquerque again this would definitely be the place I'd stop.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michele D
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was by far the best Econo Lodge at which I have ever stayed. It has the greatest value for the money of any hotel I have stayed in near a tourist attraction (Old Town, Albuquerque, NM). The room was a typical Econo Lodge room. It was very clean, everything worked, including the 'fridge, TV and the microwave. It did not have that tired look that so many other Econo Lodge rooms seem to have. The breakfast that came with the room rate was perfect for us. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa, juice, cereals (my kind with bran lol), yogurt, waffle maker, eggs, bacon, sausages, bagels, bread, jelly, butter and peanut butter, cookies, biscuits & gravy, muffins and pastry. There was always a bowl of fruit as well. It was more than enough to start our day. It was fresh, clean and replenished as needed. There was a computer and printer for the use of the guests. In the advertisement for the motel, there is no mention of a shuttle from the airport, but I called them anyway. They do provide shuttle service for $15 which was a bargain as a taxi would have cost well over $25.
The reason that I said this Econo Lodge has a B&B feel was that besides including a breakfast that was more than a continental carbs and coffee, the owners/managers and their staff provided everything that a B&B would provide - such as information about the area, what to see, when to see it, where to eat, maps and specific directions. We were also caught in the Federal Gov't closing debacle and had to cancel our hotels at the Federal National Parks in other parts of NM. They were able, at the last minute, to add on to our existing reservation and suggest the Balloon Fiesta which was taking place in a few days. During the Balloon Fiesta, they accommodated all the guests by serving breakfast two hours earlier - at 4:30am as we all had to leave to catch the mass ascension of the balloons. They even drove some spectators to a Park & Ride.
This hotel is a 5 minute walk to Old Town Albuquerque as is the Botanical Gardens and the Aquarium.There is a McDonalds, Baskin Robbins & Subway all within walking distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the Ice Machine has it may make noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank larlen
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had a wonderful visit to this hotel recently. The room was good, a comfortable size. The couple who own the place are very nice and friendly, and they work very hard to make everyone happy and comfortable. The breakfast is generous. They have a reasonably priced service taking customers to places around the city, which was crucial for me as I was attending a conference in another part of the city. Another nice thing is that it is walking distance to a Walgreens, Old Town and the Albuquerque Art Museum! I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The best low-budget motel on my whole road-trip from denver to albuquerque! very friendly and helpful hosts, who made me feel very very welcome. very clean rooms, internet & tv, great location 5min footwalk from the old downtown with restaurants, shops, etc. good starting point for a breaking bad tour, the candy lady shop is around the corner. just drive down the street, east, and you'll pass a lot of filming locations. Next time in albuquerque, I'll go there again, for sure. (PS: I missed the breakfast, but what I've heard also very good, not the typical super8 continental thing)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kyon48
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Econo Lodge is by definition a no-frills type of deal, but this particular motel really stood our for my husband and me. They had bike rentals for $10/day, which is a fantastic deal, and the owners were all so friendly and accomodating; the place had a really nice feeling overall. The rooms and grounds were super clean, and there were nice touches all over the outdoor spaces like potted roses and plants, a cute little smoking bench, and a picnic area off to the side. Everything about how it ran was organized and efficient, and it was comfortable and quiet even though it's in a noisy and kind of seedy area. It's a great deal though at $59/night and the bike rental and breakfast are both cool bonuses! We were both thrilled with our discovery.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Wonderful stay! Great location for us. We could walk down the block to a Walgreens and a Subway and was an easy drive to our venue. Staff was friendly and helpful. Rates were reasonable and the breakfast was decent. Already planning our stay here for our next trip to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family