“brilliant stay”

Econo Lodge Old Town
Ranked #13 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 20, 2013

spotless room, great location, minutes walk from old town centre, great hot breakfast, reception staff couldn't be more helpful, very friendly and polite. swimming pool and spa, fridge and microwave in room. free local calls. good price. what more can you want ? would stay again.

1  Thank June E
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Old Town

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Elena and her husband are the most friendly and helpful owners of a motel that I have met in my travels. They offer a shuttle to the train station as well as the airport. The rooms are clean and outside there are lots of pots of flowers which gives a European flair. I've never seen so many items offered for breakfast - hot and cold. Just wish I was staying longer in Alburqueque.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank bellaitalydoha
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I made reservations at this budget motel based on reviews from Trip Advisor. I should have been tipped off when I arrived to find the front desk enclosed in glass like some convenience store, greeted by some guy who didn't know what he was doing, and then another young lady came out and he said she would know how to retrieve my reservation. Then she assigned me to a room, programmed the key and when I went to occupy the room, I found that there was already somebody in the room, the bed was disheveled and the TV was on. I didn't stick around to see who was there. I was just thankful that I didn't walk in on somebody in a private sort of way.

I did stick with it however, and the next room assignment was at least clean and we were very tired. During the evening, there was some drama in the parking lot which left a patrol car parked in the lot for most of the night. We were thankful for this, but it was not conducive to sleep.

The interior door handle fell off the next morning as we were carrying out our luggage and the drains were backing up. For breakfast, the biscuits were soggy and the gravy was cold. We mentioned these things to the desk clerk, but she just nodded and said 'Sorry'.

So if you decide to stay here, be sure to use your safety lock.

1  Thank SimonStays
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This motel worked great for us. We could walk to Old Town and take in the sights. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Had a great free breakfast and good fruit. Would stay there again when back in the area. John

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank John M
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I had to call and confirm our reservation as we were arriving late and had no problem the lady at the front desk (manager I think) was very sweet and kind.
Our room was fine, only thing the carpet was very dirty. Hubby had black feet. I am sure they will fix this as they seem to keep everything spotless...one of my pet peeves is the bathroom door not being wiped down. it only takes a little time to make sure it is clean. room 202
Great location and close to old town. liked the price and the hospitality

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Not a high-end place, but if you want a nice clean room with very nice, helpful management at a great price, close to Old Town, this is hard to beat. I especially like the thick walls - nothing disturbed our sleep at night. The full hot breakfast was a nice surprise at this price.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelinfoolfromtx
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We chose this place because of earlier reviews on Trip Advisor. It was clean and efficient, and just a block walk from Old Town Albuquerque, and not much else, and in most respects it was just a typical motel room with bed, dresser,TV, sink, and shower. The bed was comfortable, but the walls barely subdued the loud family next to us. We appreciated the free WiFi. The pool looked like too many children had washed in it. All in all, we got what we paid for.

2  Thank Reliabill