“A delightful surprise”

Ranked #10 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
vancouver
“A delightful surprise”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Stayed two nights here and would not hesitate to stay again. Walking distance to Old Town Albuquerque and good restaurants. A good hot breakfast, clean rooms, wifi and friendly helpful service. What more can one ask for?

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just stayed at this hotel for 5 days. The owner/manager of the hotel are incredible nice people. They went out of the way to get the messed up booking right and were really always available to help. Whenever I needed a lift to the train station or conference hotel or because no taxi came - they would drive me or pick me up. Most genuinely gentle people!!!
Rooms were average, clean and had all that is needed. It is not a fancy hotel but the warmth the manager spreads makes it a very comfortable stay!
Ulli

Room Tip: 2nd Floor rooms are safer!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was in Albuqurque last week for a conference. I called Econo Lodge at around 10PM to ask for directions on how to get to their hotel and the manager offered to pick me up instead for just $10 (gas). I had a roommate with me and so we ended up paying just $5 each. We were hungry and the manager brought us to McDonalds (it was closed by then) and so he ended up bringing us to Filiberto's (drive-through). The new owners are definitely helpful and they go out of their way to make our stay comfortable. They also offer free breakfast which was similar to the one served at Hotel Albuquerque (except you have pay $11 at that hotel). My roommate and I wanted to check out the Balloon Fiesta and the management gave us free tickets (family members were supposed to used them but decided not to). They also offered to drive us to the place where the buses would pick up passengers. They did not charge us for this (the driver drove us to the drop-off point at 5AM). We did give the driver tip for his effort :) When it was time to go back to the hotel from the Balloon Fiesta (8AM), all we had to do was call the hotel again so the driver can pick us up. I really had a great time at this place - the rooms were clean, the staff very friendly and being new to the place, I felt that the owners really took care of me and my roommate. It is not a fancy hotel but for the budget-conscious, you get more than your money's worth.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Fullerton
Reviewed October 15, 2012

New owners are creating a nice friendly place to stay and enjoy Albuquerque. They offer an excellent breakfast and the rooms are getting new linens and TVs. . They are even renting bikes to ride along the near by trails and neighborhoods..

Room Tip: Its just a short walk to Old Town.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I found the owners warm, friendly and super helpful! They helped us repeatedly with our Balloon Fiesta concerns and even passed along some unused passes from some guests who were checking out. I plan on staying here the next time we pass through town!

Check out the Filiberto's drive through if you get into town late. It's just up the street on Central just West of the motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Fabulous management - there were responsive to every question and request I made. I even forgot something and they mailed it to me! very comfortable and safe. Would recommend to my mother... Definitely will stay there again when I return to Albuquerque.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Loveland, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I am a trucker and was forced to spend a few nights in a motel while my truck was in the shop. In the economy motel category, the Albuquerque, New Mexico Econo Lodge Old Town cannot be beaten. It is owned and operated by a young Romanian couple whose hospitality and friendly demeanor are second to none. The motel offers free shuttle service and a free hot breakfast every morning. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and every room has a flat-screen tv and refrigerator. They have one service that I have never seen in a motel: they rent bicycles, which is nice, given their proximity to Old Town Albuquerque. And the motel is within walking distance of countless restaurants. If I ever need a motel in Albuquerque again, I will definitely want to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo