“Bitterly dissappointed!”

Ranked #67 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Bitterly dissappointed!”
Reviewed October 4, 2011

~ We generally love the Quality Inn chain of Hotels , so we didn't give this one a second thought when making our reservations. I admit we waited a little late to secure a room but we did say that we wanted a Non-smoking room and that didn't happen. I knew from the moment my husband handed me the key cards that it was not going to be a good night. In a previous review someone mentioned the cracked tile in the elevator , that has not changed , it was dirty and smelled very musty and UN kept all the way to the room, well the room was not any better, we had burn holes in our bedding, the carpets looked like they have never been cleaned, the decor was 90's or even earlier. IN need of MAJOR updates. I am not particular about decor as much as I am the room being clean. The towels were so thin you could read a newspaper through them. BAD BAD experience!!! So bad that I slept in my long jeans and a long sleeve shirt.. I did not want the sheets to touch my skin!!! My husband is 100% disabled vet and we are 100% tax exempt NATION wide, the hotel clerk did not even bat an eye in informing us that they charged tax to everyone in NM. Well little does he know that my bill is on the way to the Veterans Dept. and they will be fined up to $500.00, We have had other clerks tell us the same thing in our travels but they would usually talk to upper mgt. and realize that we knew what we were talking about. We have also had others that would not give us the break but work with us in other ways. Not even once have I desired to turn them in, but in this case I'm going to!!! We had stayed in a Country Inn and Suites the night before for the exact same price and the accommodations were top notch! and it was actually a suite with 2 flat screen TV's. It is making us think twice before staying at a Quality Inn again.. .this was most def. Lack of Quality inn.

Room Tip: Stay Away, that would be my greatest tip.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Timi M
AlbQuality, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, November 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We apologize that we were not able to meet your needs. Hash Patel GM.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I stay at this quality inn frequently the staff is great and the facilities are very well kept. You have access to a 24 hr gym and the pool and spa are well kept. The shuttle service to the airport is a plus which is just one mOre convience to the stay. The morning is accomAnied by a full breakfast and the morning paper. I stayed here for 9 days while on business and is definitely a great value with exceptional service. When in Albuquerque and looking for a great place with a central location to I40, I25, and downtown this it!!! Thanks for a memorable stay.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey! Our staff tries to go the extra mile to please every guest and were glad you appreciated our efforts. I am grateful to you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. We wish you well on your travels and hope to meet again.
Hash Patel G.M. and all the staff
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Offers all the basics - hot breakfast, pool, friendly staff, comfortable bed. Two points: poor soundproofing-we could easily hear room upstairs; although the hotel is described as 'downtown' it is in fact located a good 10 minute drive from downtown Albuquerque.Moreover, there are no amenities close by (at least none that were readily apparent).

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Rsixtysix

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Denton, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed here for one night as we passed through Albuquerque. I booked it because it was a good price and we were only staying one night. It was way better than I expected. The front desk had my reservations and were very helpful. The kids wanted to swim and I wanted to soak in the spa and both were very clean and nice. The room was clean and comfortable with no problems. The breakfast was a very good hot breakfast with lots of choices.

The hotel is due for an update. The TV was old and the furnishings are a little outdated. Everything was in good working order but it was all a little old.

I paid such a good price for the room that I was ok with things being outdated as long as things were clean and comfortable.

We will stay her again this fall when we travel through Albuquerque

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 4, 2011

On entering the room at Quality Inn, it looked like it was going to be a really nice stay. The room was clean and comfortable. However, at 6:30 a.m. the clock radio went off loudly next to our heads, and after we shut that off, a huge amount of noise proceeded to emanate from the room above ours. This went on from about 7 a.m. until 10 a.m., so loudly that at first I thought it was my friend in the other bed. I couldn't believe how loud it was, and I sleep with earplugs! The person above us may have just been doing normal activities, but the building is so poorly constructed that it's as if amplified many times over. Don't sleep here if you care about quiet. The manager did give me a small discount when I checked out one night early.

Room Tip: Top floor (4) might help!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Morrow, Georgia
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We were just traveling through and I always try to stay at a one of the Choice Hotel locations whenever possible. I had made these reservations in advance online and thought from all of the hype on their web site that this would be a safe place to stay. Once we arrived I knew I made a bad decision. This motel is located in a less than desirable part of town and my wife was not in favor of spending the night. However since I had booked on line I didn't have the option of canceling without losing the entire amount that would be charge to my credit card. So we stayed but we didn't venture far from the motel and all I can say is all ended well and the accommodations were very nice and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lonwin2002
AlbQuality, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey! We are located one mile North of downtown Albuquerque and adjacent to I 40.
We apologize than you did not feel comfortable with the location.
We also offer a free shuttle that would have took you to any location within 5 mile radius
Thanking you Hash Patel GM.
Van Buren, Arkansas
Reviewed February 2, 2011

All the staff members from the front desk to the shuttle were as nice as they could be and made sure my time there was the best it could be.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank JanetLively
AlbQuality, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Albuquerque Downtown, responded to this review, February 7, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey! We really enjoyed your company and glad that you took the time to come down and chat with us. I am grateful to you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay. We wish you well on your travels and hope to meet again.
Hash Patel G.M. and all the staff.