“Don't stay here!”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dubuque, Iowa
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Although a AAA rate was quoted when the phone reservation was made, the usual rate was charged. Because that error was not noted by me at time of check in, the proprietor would not correct the error later when it was noted. Excuses such as " you did not show your card " ( no one requested it) , " the clerk is new " and " we cannot correct a statement once it is completed " were made. I would not recommend patronizing an establishment which does not stand behind commitments and makes no effort to rectify their errors. In this time of economic recession, it seems rather unwise not to have exemplary guest relations in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed January 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Michigan
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This is not a typical Holiday Inn Express...it seems a step above some. Clean rooms, great service, a nice pool and hottub and they also except pets. I used my points for this room yet instead of charging me the standard $25 for the pet they opted to only charge me $15. Nice!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Ashland, Ohio
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Don’t let the new façade fool you, behind it is a really old 60s style Holiday Inn with a coat of paint and new hardware. Remember the old style outside entrances and open stairways, the thin walls and the five-foot square bathroom with the 20-inch door? This is the place. There is no way this place compares to the current Holiday Inn Express. The gentleman who checked in ahead of me had to ask for a refund because his wife was in a wheelchair. The only rooms they had available were on the second floor and they have on elevator. Even if they had been able to find him a room on the main floor I can’t imagine how they would have navigated the narrow doorways anyway.

This motel is one that has a two-story ‘courtyard’ where the indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi are. Our room was also on the second floor and had a sliding glass door with a tiny balcony that overlooked this area. Between the strong chlorine smell in our room and the children screaming late into the evening we didn’t find it very pleasant. If you don’t mind a motel 6 experience at a Holiday Inn Express price this just might be your place.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I will never stay at this hotel again and I am disappointed with myself because I usually thoroughly research and am quite pleased, but I sure blew it on this one!

We stayed for two weekend nights in October, 2010. The front desk staff acted as though we were bothering them when we asked for something (like a wake-up call). The business center is locked, only the front desk staff can open it and they sure do not like having to do that. The indoor pool and fitness room can be accessed with the room key, but not the business center. I did not like the hesitant feeling of asking for something because it might annoy the front desk staff, especially things that I have an absolute right to as a guest!

The continental breakfast was ok, but this was the first time that we had been to one that did not have either French toast sticks or waffles, which seemed strange.

The blanket on the bed was really thin and small. The pool looked dingy, like it needed the chemicals adjusted. There is no elevator and the room was so far from the amenities. The ice machine closest to us was not working, so we had walk even further which was inconvenience. Our room had a flat screen television, but our friend’s room (2 doors down) did not.

When we went to check-out, we had to stand there and wait for several minutes because nobody was there. We kept saying, “hello, hello” until finally two gals came running up from the back.

The housekeeping staff did a decent job once we arrived, were friendly and happy to bring us additional coffee cups when we asked. It would have been helpful if they spoke English so that we did not have to communicate with sign language. If you still decide to stay there, lift up the toilet seat when you arrive because it may not be clean underneathe (yuck!)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Fremont, California
Reviewed August 1, 2010

The room was extremely small and bathroom even tinier. Air conditioning does not work well, so room is very stuffy and warm. We had booked for 5 people and room only had two king beds, so for a charge they said they would bring in a roll away. The room was so small, I honestly had no clue how a roll away would even fit in the room, but the front desk assured me that maintenance does it all the time and it's no problem. When we returned to the room, walking up two flights of stairs (no elevator) with our luggage, the roll away was just tossed barely inside the door and blocked our entrance. We had to rearrange the room to fit it in ourselves. I definitely would not recommend this hotel at all, the front desk was not very accomodating at all.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stopped about 1:00 AM as we were driving home and were exhausted. I made the reservations via the 1-800 number. When we checked in, the clerk corrected the room price by lowering it $10.00! She did not have to do this, and I would never have known, but she said the correct AAA price was $10 lower than what I had been quoted.

The room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast was full of choices, and it was delicious.

This hotel has a very friendly and accommodating staff.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
NY
Reviewed July 3, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for one night on the way to Las Cruces. The room was spotless and had a fresh smell to it. The towels plush and thick and the shower was spacious and clean. and Great water pressure. The room was decorated nicely and the king size bed was so comfortable. The manager at the front desk was friendly and courteous. Breakfast was great, one of the best we had on our trip.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple