“FANTASTIC STAFF, comfortable rooms, indoor pool”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Texas
“FANTASTIC STAFF, comfortable rooms, indoor pool”
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Can't say enough about the front desk staff. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. Stayed here on both outbound/inbound portions of our trip. Good location, clean rooms, wide variety of free breakfast items, indoor pool.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Okeechobee,Florida
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This hotel is on the outside of the city. It is quiet and comfortable and yet near all the attractions. It is also in a good restaurant and shopping area. The swimming pool indoors was delightful, they also have a guest laundry room. We stayed here on the way to the Grand Canyon and returned on our way back.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We stayed here recently on a road trip. We picked the location because of it's proximity to I 40. The front desk staff were friendly and check in was smooth. Our room on the second floor was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was just OK. The biscuits were hard and the gravy bland. The eggs tasted like powdered eggs, but the cinammon rolls were good as usual. The dining room was very small and cramped with a large crowd when we were there. Too many tables smashed into a small space. We were only there for one night so it wasn't a big issue.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The room was comfortable. Great shower head! Front desk staff efficient and pleasant. Continental breakfast was very complete, and included everything from cereal and yogurt to bacon and scrambled eggs. Staff kept careful watch over the breakfast and refilled items as needed. Plenty of tables available, with comfortable seating for about 40 in the breakfast room. Near Sandia Tramway and National Atomic Museum.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Tumwater, Wa
Reviewed May 26, 2009

I got great service when making the reservation, a great rate for either military or AAA; very clean and comfortable room; great breakfast - the best I have had and it is still included free in room price; just passing through but worth the time to come back and write a review. That should say something. :) Most reasonable pet rate - thank you.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
ozzyandharry
Reviewed December 12, 2008

Stop #2 of our roadtrip...

I advise you stop somewhere else in Albuquerque if you are passing through. OK, honestly, the only reason we wanted to stay at this hotel is because of one of my favorite "Weird" Al songs, "Albuquerque". In the song, he says he stays at an Albuquerque Holiday Inn, where the towels are oh so fluffy, and you can eat your soup out of the ashtray if you wanna, it's ok, they're clean...

So anyway, long story short, it sucked. We had roaches all over the bathroom (small, but THEY ARE STILL ROACHES) ICK!!! I took a couple "live ones" up to the front desk the next morning (because we did not know they were there until the next morning) and dumped them on the counter and simply stated, "I want to see the manager because of these". Ewwww.

Well, the manager only knocked off $20 of the bill. Whatever. I won't be returning. Yuck.

• Liked — The beds weren't all that bad.
  • Disliked — The roach infestation.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed August 6, 2008

I recently stayed with several members of my family at the Holiday Inn Express operated by Express Investments Inc. During the course of my stay I experienced house keeping that not only did not clean my room but turned off my AC and placed the "do not disturb" sign on my door. Additionally, the general manager confronted my family about a noise complaint that occurred while we were not at the hotel and when I asked for more information he ejected us from the hotel without probable cause. I would strongly suggest that all travelers avoid this particular Holiday Inn. I have stayed in many hotel rooms from Holiday Inn in my travels and I have never had such a bad experience from a hotel or its management staff. I am happy to share my experience should anyone inquire.

• Liked — Convenient Location
  • Disliked — The management staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family