“Allergy Issues”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #70 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Seattle, Washington
“Allergy Issues”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Some big issues with this hotel. First, the room we were given had pets in it despite the fact that we asked about pets and were assured by the management that it was not a pet room. We knew this because we had pet allergy reactions after about 2 hours in the room. For me, that meant my throat started to close up and I had to leave the room. That reaction only happens to me with pets. When we then asked for another room, the manager on duty started grilling me as if I didn't know what I was talking about and was very disrespectful. We did finally get another room which was better, but I still had issues with allergies such that I had to go out and sleep in my car. The next day when we spoke to the manager, he wouldn't give us all our money back. He gave us only 30% which was way too little. Long story short, this experience will make us avoid all Holiday Inn Express in the future.

Last, this residence is really more of a motel (outside entrances to rooms), and really doesn't belong as a holiday inn express.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Eric332013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Eric332013,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us.

We are saddened to hear of your encounters in our hotel and would like to extend our sincere apologies for the troubles and inconvenience the room condition has caused you. It is our fullest intention to provide the best experience, as such, we are constantly looking into areas of improvements in the best of our efforts assuring you of our best attention and service at all times.

Your feedback is indeed of utmost importance to us and rest assured that actions will be taken to ensure our guests continue to enjoy superlative levels of service, comfort & security that they expect when staying at our hotel. We hope that you give us a chance to change your perception of our hotel.

Dhan M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

After bad experiences with dirty rooms at two Best Westerns, we were determined to find another type of hotel for an overnight stay on our cross country move with our cat and dog. This Holiday Inn was excellent!

There was a pet fee (just FYI). The room they put us in was small but neat, tidy, and clean. The linens were crisp and comfortable, bed comfortable too. Our room opened to the parking lot, which was convenient for letting the dog out at night. They even gave us a baggie of dog treats - much appreciated by the dogster (cat was jealous).

Breakfast was really tasty with lots of choices, hot coffee, juice, milk, a waffle machine, cinnamon rolls. The hotel was conveniently located - right across the street from a Target (and therefore a Starbucks) and an Applebee's. Also close to the highway.

The price was reasonable and we would gladly stay here again!

Yukon, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is exceptionally clean and well-maintained. They have an excellent breakfast buffet. The beds are very comfortable. Air conditioning and the bathroom are always functional. The personnel at the hotel are very friendly and make your stay a very good experience. The hotel is located close enough to I-40 to be very convenient, but far enough away that you don't have to deal with highway traffic noise.

If you are going to stay in Albuquerque for a night, or more, you won't go wrong staying at this hotel.

Shawnee, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel before but was sure that it had been updated since then, I was wrong. The rooms need updating 5-years ago when we stayed at this hotel and they still have not been. The carpet is very old and the bedding is old and had holes and stains in it. It certainly wasn't up to Holiday Inn's standards unless they have lower them lately. There was a leak in the bathroom that came down through the light fixture. When we noticed this leak, early in the morning, we left the room in a hurry and reported it to the desk. The lady at the desk said she would report it to maintenance and then went back to what she was doing before I told her. The breakfast is the normal Holiday Inn Breakfast and pretty good but we had to wait for over 5-minutes for a table because the breakfast room is really small. I won't stay there again and although Holiday Inn has been my choice for several years, If I find these conditions in another of their hotels, I'm finished with them.

Room Tip: Not sure what to say here
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daokie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear daokie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the highest level of service that they have come to expect from our hotel and I regret that we have failed to deliver. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience experienced due to the condition of the room amenities you received and service experienced. We appreciate your feedback as it will be shared in order to avoid a similar experience as it is our goal to provide excellent service to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Zelyn N
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here on a road trip to Albuquerque with family. I scored a bargain deal on a travel website for double queen beds. I was disappointed when we pulled up to the hotel to see that it had the appearance of a motel. The rooms faced the outdoors. I felt better when we opened the door to the room to see it had some updates: flat screen television, vanity, ac unit with digital touch pad, and bathroom tile. There was also a microwave and mini fridge which came in handy for leftovers. The downside to the room was the small size. It made our sleeping arrangements difficult for 3 adults and 1 child. You can barely turn a corner in the room without brushing up against someone. I did request a roll-out bed for the child, and we had to push beds around to make room for it. It was nice that the hotel provided this option.
The hotel staff were friendly and the breakfast was average.

Room Tip: If you want to keep an eye on your vehicle when parked, ask for a room facing the parking lot.
1 Thank Precious89
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Precious89,

We greatly value your comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is a pleasure to read you like the room amenities. I have noted that you experienced inconvenience and discomfort with the room size during your stay and would like to extend my most sincere apologies for this. We have taken note of your comments and your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and recommendation.

Zelyn N
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Unlike the other Holiday Inn Express facilities we’ve been to, this one is clearly an older facility. Still it has been reasonably well maintained. All access is via exterior corridors. This makes unloading and loading luggage convenient for those ground floor rooms that face the outside of the complex. But half of the ground floor rooms face a small grass courtyard with trees and a gazebo. There is an elevator to provide easier access to the second floor rooms. But it is not centrally located, so it can require a somewhat lengthy walk for rooms on the opposite side of the facility. As an older facility, our room was somewhat small, with a shower but no tub. We chose this Holiday Inn Express because its location allowed us to avoid morning rush hour traffic when we departed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and after traveling to Albuquerque for 3 years I stayed in a lot of hotels and biggest chains and I found this one my favorite, I didnt take pictures but the rooms are amazing, pool and hot tub Clean, the clean is one of the best I ever see, the staff helpfull, the breakfast incredible and the location is perfect close to the AF base, shoopings and I-40.

Increible lugar el mejor sitio para quedarse en Albuquerque!!!

I recommed it!!!!