“We stay here whenever we are in Albuquerque”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #74 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel is exceptionally clean and well-maintained. They have an excellent breakfast buffet. The beds are very comfortable. Air conditioning and the bathroom are always functional. The personnel at the hotel are very friendly and make your stay a very good experience. The hotel is located close enough to I-40 to be very convenient, but far enough away that you don't have to deal with highway traffic noise.

If you are going to stay in Albuquerque for a night, or more, you won't go wrong staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel before but was sure that it had been updated since then, I was wrong. The rooms need updating 5-years ago when we stayed at this hotel and they still have not been. The carpet is very old and the bedding is old and had holes and stains in it. It certainly wasn't up to Holiday Inn's standards unless they have lower them lately. There was a leak in the bathroom that came down through the light fixture. When we noticed this leak, early in the morning, we left the room in a hurry and reported it to the desk. The lady at the desk said she would report it to maintenance and then went back to what she was doing before I told her. The breakfast is the normal Holiday Inn Breakfast and pretty good but we had to wait for over 5-minutes for a table because the breakfast room is really small. I won't stay there again and although Holiday Inn has been my choice for several years, If I find these conditions in another of their hotels, I'm finished with them.

Room Tip: Not sure what to say here
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daokie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2013

Dear daokie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are constantly striving to provide our guests with the highest level of service that they have come to expect from our hotel and I regret that we have failed to deliver. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience experienced due to the condition of the room amenities you received and service experienced. We appreciate your feedback as it will be shared in order to avoid a similar experience as it is our goal to provide excellent service to all our guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Zelyn N

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here on a road trip to Albuquerque with family. I scored a bargain deal on a travel website for double queen beds. I was disappointed when we pulled up to the hotel to see that it had the appearance of a motel. The rooms faced the outdoors. I felt better when we opened the door to the room to see it had some updates: flat screen television, vanity, ac unit with digital touch pad, and bathroom tile. There was also a microwave and mini fridge which came in handy for leftovers. The downside to the room was the small size. It made our sleeping arrangements difficult for 3 adults and 1 child. You can barely turn a corner in the room without brushing up against someone. I did request a roll-out bed for the child, and we had to push beds around to make room for it. It was nice that the hotel provided this option.
The hotel staff were friendly and the breakfast was average.

Room Tip: If you want to keep an eye on your vehicle when parked, ask for a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Precious89
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Precious89,

We greatly value your comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is a pleasure to read you like the room amenities. I have noted that you experienced inconvenience and discomfort with the room size during your stay and would like to extend my most sincere apologies for this. We have taken note of your comments and your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and recommendation.

Zelyn N

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Unlike the other Holiday Inn Express facilities we’ve been to, this one is clearly an older facility. Still it has been reasonably well maintained. All access is via exterior corridors. This makes unloading and loading luggage convenient for those ground floor rooms that face the outside of the complex. But half of the ground floor rooms face a small grass courtyard with trees and a gazebo. There is an elevator to provide easier access to the second floor rooms. But it is not centrally located, so it can require a somewhat lengthy walk for rooms on the opposite side of the facility. As an older facility, our room was somewhat small, with a shower but no tub. We chose this Holiday Inn Express because its location allowed us to avoid morning rush hour traffic when we departed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and after traveling to Albuquerque for 3 years I stayed in a lot of hotels and biggest chains and I found this one my favorite, I didnt take pictures but the rooms are amazing, pool and hot tub Clean, the clean is one of the best I ever see, the staff helpfull, the breakfast incredible and the location is perfect close to the AF base, shoopings and I-40.

Increible lugar el mejor sitio para quedarse en Albuquerque!!!

I recommed it!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

It was an average room but good for the price. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. Also, if traveling with a dog they have a nice size dog park across the street. If traveling with little ones there is a playground in the back of the park across the street!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank jtravel670
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear jtravel670,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We often stop in Albuquerque on our way to and from Las Vegas or California. This is the best hotel for the price. It's conveniently located and serves a good complimentary Breakfast Buffet. It's easy access to I-40 is just great. The room was clean, comfortable and updated! I much prefer outside entrances to the rooms rather than lugging suitcases down a hall. Once issue that they should address is the "Loud" AC unit. This was the one drawback!

Room Tip: Room had a A/C with a high noise level!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple