“Average Budget Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Dallas, Texas
“Average Budget Hotel”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I stayed here on a road trip to Albuquerque with family. I scored a bargain deal on a travel website for double queen beds. I was disappointed when we pulled up to the hotel to see that it had the appearance of a motel. The rooms faced the outdoors. I felt better when we opened the door to the room to see it had some updates: flat screen television, vanity, ac unit with digital touch pad, and bathroom tile. There was also a microwave and mini fridge which came in handy for leftovers. The downside to the room was the small size. It made our sleeping arrangements difficult for 3 adults and 1 child. You can barely turn a corner in the room without brushing up against someone. I did request a roll-out bed for the child, and we had to push beds around to make room for it. It was nice that the hotel provided this option.
The hotel staff were friendly and the breakfast was average.

Room Tip: If you want to keep an eye on your vehicle when parked, ask for a room facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Precious89
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Precious89,

We greatly value your comments and would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is a pleasure to read you like the room amenities. I have noted that you experienced inconvenience and discomfort with the room size during your stay and would like to extend my most sincere apologies for this. We have taken note of your comments and your review will be used to reconsider improvements needed and I hope you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comments and recommendation.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Unlike the other Holiday Inn Express facilities we’ve been to, this one is clearly an older facility. Still it has been reasonably well maintained. All access is via exterior corridors. This makes unloading and loading luggage convenient for those ground floor rooms that face the outside of the complex. But half of the ground floor rooms face a small grass courtyard with trees and a gazebo. There is an elevator to provide easier access to the second floor rooms. But it is not centrally located, so it can require a somewhat lengthy walk for rooms on the opposite side of the facility. As an older facility, our room was somewhat small, with a shower but no tub. We chose this Holiday Inn Express because its location allowed us to avoid morning rush hour traffic when we departed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and after traveling to Albuquerque for 3 years I stayed in a lot of hotels and biggest chains and I found this one my favorite, I didnt take pictures but the rooms are amazing, pool and hot tub Clean, the clean is one of the best I ever see, the staff helpfull, the breakfast incredible and the location is perfect close to the AF base, shoopings and I-40.

Increible lugar el mejor sitio para quedarse en Albuquerque!!!

I recommed it!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

It was an average room but good for the price. There are plenty of places to eat nearby. Also, if traveling with a dog they have a nice size dog park across the street. If traveling with little ones there is a playground in the back of the park across the street!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank jtravel670
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear jtravel670,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Karen G.
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We often stop in Albuquerque on our way to and from Las Vegas or California. This is the best hotel for the price. It's conveniently located and serves a good complimentary Breakfast Buffet. It's easy access to I-40 is just great. The room was clean, comfortable and updated! I much prefer outside entrances to the rooms rather than lugging suitcases down a hall. Once issue that they should address is the "Loud" AC unit. This was the one drawback!

Room Tip: Room had a A/C with a high noise level!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Like the last reviewer stated this is an old style hotel which we prefer when driving across country with coolers and bags of "stuff". Staff was wonderful and the room was updated and clean. We appreciated the wifi,safe frig and microwave. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is an older hotel converted to a HIE. The advantage is that the rooms open onto the outside and you can quickly load and unload your car. No long journey up an elevator and down a long corridor with your luggage. This was the way motor hotels later known as motels became so popular. Unfortunately these are quickly disappearing. The hotel had a mini fridge and a microwave unlike many other HIE. But the room was dated, the carpet was probably clean but didn't look appealing, the linen wasn't up to the usual HIE standard, etc. The breakfast room was installed in a small narrow room, probably a former meeting room or a closet. But the space is very limited and the counter so small, you have no place to put your plate when getting food with a spatula while holfing up the cover of the display. Difficult to get around other tables. Rate was OK for a HIE.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the inside courtyard where you can't park your car. First level is best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank), responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear AZLove_to_travel22,