“Thought this was a "pet friendly" hotel...now maybe not so much!"”

Holiday Inn Express Albuquerque (I-40 Eubank)
Ranked #76 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I have stayed here on MULTIPLE occasions with my pet. First, be advised that there IS a $25 fee per pet. Secondly, there is no grass at all, only rocks. Thirdly, and MOST concerning, is an apparently "new" rule that you may NOT leave your pet unattended in the room (even in their Pet Taxi) for ANY period of time or risk a $250.00 penalty. If you are just passing through, be advised that you cannot go out to dinner unless you take your pet and leave him/her in the car while you eat. If you are planning to stay for breakfast, also be advised that you cannot go unless you put your pet in the car. If you are planning a lengthier stay, please note that you cannot go sight-seeing, or for meals, without taking your pet with you. During the summer months, it gets VERY hot here. As any pet lover knows, it is NOT safe or acceptable to leave your pet in a hot car for ANY length of time. In my book, this hotel does not qualify as "pet friendly" anymore...I love traveling with my pet, and she is used to traveling, and behaves very well. In the past, whenever I HAVE left the room it has only been to go for a meal, and I always put my pet in her pet taxi. I think an across the board penalty for leaving your pet in the room, where it is safest during hot weather, is NOT "friendly" for pets OR their owners.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Zzzzdoc

Reviewed March 22, 2011

This was not the Holiday Inn Express experience I have grown to enjoy. This is an old 2 story Holiday Inn refurbished with Holiday Inn Express furniture. I never felt safe in these rooms with outside doors. There was no Priority Club greeting. There was no elevator. The outside steps were coming apart and were definitely a safety hazard as we carried our bags to the 2nd floor. The shower was very small with no safety rails at all. Slip in the shower and you could easily end up in the hospital. I learned my lesson here. In the future I'll do a better job of checking out the hotel before I make my reservation.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank bjdean
Reviewed February 23, 2011

It's bad enough the room was worn and had a bad smell. The hotel claimed we smoked in the room. We don't smoke. They charged a extra $100 on my card without any notification. When I called for a correction they told me I did not stay there but later said the maid found something in our room. I'm a retired Police Sgt. and this area did not feel safe to me. I was right but did not expect to get ripped off by the hotel itself. Pass this one by.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SGTFDA
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Close to I 40 and Pet Friendly. Great if you are just passing through. Not a lot of green space for your pet to use. Room was clean but had a strong deodorizer smell. Staff was very friendly. Security drives around during the night. Applebees, Petco and Target within walking distance. I would stay here with my pet again. Worth the $25 Pet Fee.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Although a AAA rate was quoted when the phone reservation was made, the usual rate was charged. Because that error was not noted by me at time of check in, the proprietor would not correct the error later when it was noted. Excuses such as " you did not show your card " ( no one requested it) , " the clerk is new " and " we cannot correct a statement once it is completed " were made. I would not recommend patronizing an establishment which does not stand behind commitments and makes no effort to rectify their errors. In this time of economic recession, it seems rather unwise not to have exemplary guest relations in the hospitality industry.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This is not a typical Holiday Inn Express...it seems a step above some. Clean rooms, great service, a nice pool and hottub and they also except pets. I used my points for this room yet instead of charging me the standard $25 for the pet they opted to only charge me $15. Nice!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Don’t let the new façade fool you, behind it is a really old 60s style Holiday Inn with a coat of paint and new hardware. Remember the old style outside entrances and open stairways, the thin walls and the five-foot square bathroom with the 20-inch door? This is the place. There is no way this place compares to the current Holiday Inn Express. The gentleman who checked in ahead of me had to ask for a refund because his wife was in a wheelchair. The only rooms they had available were on the second floor and they have on elevator. Even if they had been able to find him a room on the main floor I can’t imagine how they would have navigated the narrow doorways anyway.

This motel is one that has a two-story ‘courtyard’ where the indoor swimming pool and Jacuzzi are. Our room was also on the second floor and had a sliding glass door with a tiny balcony that overlooked this area. Between the strong chlorine smell in our room and the children screaming late into the evening we didn’t find it very pleasant. If you don’t mind a motel 6 experience at a Holiday Inn Express price this just might be your place.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple