“A grand diva if a bit past it's prime.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hotel Blue

The Hotel Blue
Ranked #73 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
VANCOUVER
“A grand diva if a bit past it's prime.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Got this room for the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. By the time I got it most things were already reserved so iwas glad to get this hotel at twice the normal price (a common practice for Balloon Fiesta) What I got was a close location to the old town center. With a gps it was easy to find. The hotel was a four star hotel probably in it's prime which like the older casino's in Las Vegas are still fine if a bit tired. It shows on the outside and around the lobby, but the room was excellent with Tempu Pedic mattresses and a newly redone furnishing. Microwave, fridgerator, and an electric fireplace for kicks. Breakfast were the usual cold offerings plus scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and potatoes and oatmeal. It was a 25min. drive to the festival 10 min. to the airport. They had secure parking an a good camera system. Solid comfort and value in a gracefully aging hotel.l

Room Tip: We were happily located on the third floor facing the street it was good. One little thing is all ro...
4 Thank SCOTT W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Hebrew first
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel has a great location, extremely helpful front desk crew and shuttle service. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful, free internet in the lobby, clean rooms (stayed twice). The Italian place and park across the street with farmer's market are extra benefits. We couldn't have asked for a better stay in ABQ.

8 Thank Emjaymojo
Chicago
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Building is showing it's age on the outside. The room was clean and had a very nice bed. For the location, can't beat it. Staff is great. Free Parking. A small pool. A refrigerator and microwave in a non-suite room is a great addition. Also, real "directv" in the room is so much better than the 18 channels that other hotels have.

6 Thank TheBooch
Saratoga, California
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at the Hotel Blue. It doesn't look like the pictures from the outside: very run down and old. It is across from a park frequented by many homeless people. Our room was ok though, even though it was TINY! The 2 queen sized beds took up the entire room. But it was very clean and had everything you need...except for the Channel list, which the front desk said was not needed as I could look at the guide on tv...hmm, yeah, if I have hours to go through hundred of pages of it!
Breakfast was poor - usual breakfast buffet stuff...they serve Starbucks coffee, but it's so diluted it's like tan water. Undrinkable.

8 Thank IlariaK
Los Alamos, New Mexico
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel because it is downtown Albuquerque, well there is a lot of noise downtown, so you get noise in your room. We stayed there with our 2 yr old and he slept just fine but I am a light sleeper and I woke up several times during the night. Our room was specially noisy because we were in a room facing central st. which is full of restaurants and bars, my friend had a room facing the pool and when i went to hang out I did not notice nearly as much noise. So if you are bother by noise ask for a room that does not face the street. The pool was too cold to swim on it. I would say about 70 F or under. On Saturdays there is a farmers market right across the street from the hotel, they start playing live music at 8 am. We actually enjoyed hanging out there. Oh, and the breakfast was better than I expected from the bad reviews it had. They had eggs, potatoes, sausage and gravy, good coffee etc I am actually pleased with their food selection. I feel like we paid a little too much for what we got.

Room Tip: away from the street facing the pool.
11 Thank alexia_castro
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I booked a room with The Hotel Blue months prior to Balloon Fiesta. I looked on line (Expedia, etc.) and called the hotel to inquire about prices. After speaking with the hotel (for the 2nd time to confirm the price of $79 per night) I decided to book with a female employee through the hotel to avoid them losing money through a 3rd party. I received a confirmation email that said the price broke down to $89 (with taxes) per night. When we arrived they informed me that it was $79 for the first night and $130 for the following nights. I was obviously shocked because I had a printed confirmation and verbal confirmation from when I booked the trip. The staff was very unhelpful despite the fact that I had proof of the discounted price. Needless to say I was charged much more than I was quoted.... and because of Fiesta I was not able to find a hotel room elsewhere for cheaper. Had THB been honest with me up front I would have booked with another hotel months ago. I DO NOT APPRECIATE THE BAIT AND SWITCH TRICK THEY PULLED ON ME! This experience with customer satisfaction was a huge disappointment and ultimately pathetic.

5 Thank Jess78745

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Albuquerque
Reviewed September 25, 2012

everything was just right. though i will add - it doesn't have interior hallway access to the rooms like most "hotels"... it's outdoors, more typical of the "motel" style. But that's about the only negative.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 Thank SteveO635