Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd
Ranked #122 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I wish I had read the review for this hotel before I made my reservation,it was dirty,smell was bad, things were broken in the room .The lamp on the wall you could not touch it or it would fall.The greeding we got from the clerk at front desk was not friendly,he didnt even tell us how to get to your room ,it was like here's your room now get the ,..out of here. I didn't feel save when I was in the room,since the clerk was rude I didnt want to speak to anyone about the rooms .We had 2 rooms both were nasty! I would not stay there again .

Room Tip: don,t stay there go to Days INN down the road right next to it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
abqhotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

I am sorry you had problems with our service at our hotel. Please consider my apology, as this is not the service standards we strive to provide our guests. The desk agent you encountered has since been disciplined, and the two rooms you stayed in have been repaired in regards to the lamps. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The only decent thing about this stay was the location and the clerk who greeted me. He was friendly and helpful and it was late at night when I arrived. After that it went downhill. The room was dusty and the carpet was ripped. I woke early to get ready to go and found a large beetle in the bathroom.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan S
abqhotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

I am sorry that a beetle found its way into your room. I 100% sure that our housekeepers would not leave the room in that condition. In fact, we should not have rented a room that needed renovation to the carpet.

I would like to note that we are planning some major renovations to this location. Of which, carpet is included. A large roll of carpet has just been delivered today and is sitting outside our doors waiting to be installed. I apologize for the inconveniences that our room condition may have given you. We strive to have the best customer service in town, and I hope we can continue to do so if you return to our hotel.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Staying at this hotel was an unpleasant experience.
The hotel was in a general state of disrepair.
The elevator smelled strongly of insecticide.
The room was marginally clean, and had an unpleasant odor.
The toilet flushed, but the toilet lever was broken. The lever came out of the tank and assumed a vertical orientation after flushing.
The bathtub caulk was black with mold.
Bathroom towels and bed linens were thin and worn.
The "free breakfast" was a joke.
I would never choose to stay at this establishment again.

Room Tip: I don't believe that there are any good rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
abqhotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I am sorry you had problems with you past stay at our hotel. I assure you that the issues in the room you stayed in have been fixed. In fact, we responded immediately after seeing your review posted online.

That being said, we understand that our location here does need some remodeling, which we are planning to accomplish in the coming months. Our rate will stay the same, and is very competitive with the other hotels in the area. Please consider us for another stay, I'm sure you will see a huge difference the second you walk through our doors.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

It worked.

Easy access to I-40. Plenty of parking. Desk clerk was scattered and check in took longer than it should have. Carpet in common areas was worn and needed to be replaced. Room was average size. Clean. No odors. Comfortable, firm bed; pillows were a little flat. No problems with noise. Didn't try the shower or the TV.

Bottom line: I would consider it again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our room at this hotel was awesome - We had a room with 2 queen beds plus a small room to the side with another queen bed and which was perfect for 2 adults and 4 kids. Super 8 is a BUDGET motel so outdated decor and sandpaper like towels didn't surprise me. Here's what I didn't like - neighborhood seemed kind of scary - there were people that looked like they were just hanging out outside the hotel and there was a lot of trash around. While getting gas across the street a girl asked me for $ - I don't think we look particularly rich!!! The breakfast room was really stinky so we didn't want to eat. We had a much better experience at the Super 8 East and that is where we will stay next time we are in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hey...long day on the road...NO POOL! Decent staff and spacious parking lot. TV was high quality, computer available to check email.
A solid place to sleep. Nothing spectacular about the continental breakfast.
Probably would stay elsewhere...not because it is bad, but because it is not exciting.
I was not sorry I stayed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business