“Disappointed”

Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd
Ranked #121 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Staying at this hotel was an unpleasant experience.
The hotel was in a general state of disrepair.
The elevator smelled strongly of insecticide.
The room was marginally clean, and had an unpleasant odor.
The toilet flushed, but the toilet lever was broken. The lever came out of the tank and assumed a vertical orientation after flushing.
The bathtub caulk was black with mold.
Bathroom towels and bed linens were thin and worn.
The "free breakfast" was a joke.
I would never choose to stay at this establishment again.

Room Tip: I don't believe that there are any good rooms in this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
abqhotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

I am sorry you had problems with you past stay at our hotel. I assure you that the issues in the room you stayed in have been fixed. In fact, we responded immediately after seeing your review posted online.

That being said, we understand that our location here does need some remodeling, which we are planning to accomplish in the coming months. Our rate will stay the same, and is very competitive with the other hotels in the area. Please consider us for another stay, I'm sure you will see a huge difference the second you walk through our doors.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

It worked.

Easy access to I-40. Plenty of parking. Desk clerk was scattered and check in took longer than it should have. Carpet in common areas was worn and needed to be replaced. Room was average size. Clean. No odors. Comfortable, firm bed; pillows were a little flat. No problems with noise. Didn't try the shower or the TV.

Bottom line: I would consider it again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Our room at this hotel was awesome - We had a room with 2 queen beds plus a small room to the side with another queen bed and which was perfect for 2 adults and 4 kids. Super 8 is a BUDGET motel so outdated decor and sandpaper like towels didn't surprise me. Here's what I didn't like - neighborhood seemed kind of scary - there were people that looked like they were just hanging out outside the hotel and there was a lot of trash around. While getting gas across the street a girl asked me for $ - I don't think we look particularly rich!!! The breakfast room was really stinky so we didn't want to eat. We had a much better experience at the Super 8 East and that is where we will stay next time we are in Albuquerque.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Hey...long day on the road...NO POOL! Decent staff and spacious parking lot. TV was high quality, computer available to check email.
A solid place to sleep. Nothing spectacular about the continental breakfast.
Probably would stay elsewhere...not because it is bad, but because it is not exciting.
I was not sorry I stayed.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Certainly not fancy (not that anyone staying at a Super 8 would likely expect fancy, just a nice clean and convenient room for the night if you're passing thru and need a room for the night. The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable, and the price was great. The only complaint is that I booked the room thru Hotel. com and told them I would have 2 dogs with us. There was no mention of an extra fee for the dogs on the hotel information sheet on line or when I spoke on the phone with a Hotel.com booking agent, but when I checked in, I received a surpise. They need to get coordinated with Hotels.com.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Location and price good. Staff was pleasant. Down hill from there. Very ruin down Super 8. None of the vending machines worked. You usually know what to expect from a Super 8 but this one was really substandard. Breakfast was bad. Will not stop there on the way home.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple