“So many others to choose from / Skip this!”

Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd
Ranked #121 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed April 6, 2011

Receptionist had his noisy, stinky motorcycle running outside the door to "warm it up". Rooms carpets were filthy. Screen on window practically falling out and torn. No clock in room, remote had trouble working. dust everywhere. I don't think the carpet has been cleaned or vacumed in years, light over table missing, drapes dirty and falling off curtain rod. Breakfast had few choices but at least the coffee was good.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingWizard

Reviewed April 5, 2011

Stayed here in October 2010, not very good. After sending in a complaint, we were assured that things were going to improve so we tried again 6 months later. The bathroom sink was plugged, room had no clock radio, room was very hot but we hadn't turned on the heat, no information on tv channels in room. Someone tried to get in our room at 12:30 am. At 8:15 am the breakfast room had no bread, butter or margerine, no rolls or donuts, no fruit, no napkins. On a positive note, they have very good waffles. I did complain about the food to an employee in there, but I don't think she understood me (or she ignored me). I did not complain the the young man at the desk because he was preoccupied with a customer and we were in a hurry to leave. There will be no third chance.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank isingbass064
Reviewed October 11, 2010

Big weekend in Albuquerque, Balloon Fiesta. I was quoted $58.00 per night on the phone when I made my reservation. Upon arrival they tried to charge me $90.00 per night +tax (101.00 total) What a joke for such a crappy room. The girl at the front desk, who was the same one that quoted me the $58.00 a night, said the computer would not allow her to change the rate for my entire stay, that all I needed to do was go in early in the morning, check out and check back in and they would be able to change it. At 5:30 am Not only did they refuse to honor the rate and insisted I pay the $90.00 or leave, but when I asked for the number for a manager the gentleman at the front desk began to write it down, then made 2 phone calls which he spoke to both people in spanish so I could not understand, then threw the paper away with the managers information and said she would not be available. He did say,(in english) and i quote, why would we give you the room at $58 when it is Balloon Fiesta weekend and we can get $90.00. Well sir, I guess because you would honor the price you quoted!!! Their normal rate is $57. So not only would they not honor the reservation but they are gouging the public. Now I am stuck, I am already late getting to work and certainly do not have time to pack out my room. Also it could have been difficult to find a room so They played their game well. Not only is this a tiny crappy room. I was given 1 towel that was like sandpaper, coffeemaker with no coffee. My key wouldn't work the outer door and someone was knocking on my door several times at night and leaving, the room was absolute crap and I paid $90.00 a night. I did call Super 8 corporate for which they could not help since they are independently owned.. This one is owned by "Three Albuquerque Hotels, LP" If you decide to stay here, you are taking your chances.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank bettyadavis
abqhotels, Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

For more or further information our Super 8 location is NOT for sale.

Reviewed December 11, 2009

When I checked into the Super 8 in West Albuquerque NM, the front desk help was nice and courteous, the lobby looked nice, and the breakfast area looked nice too and large with lots of tables. The parking lot was pretty well lit. I told them we would take a room on the third floor, but he said the elevator was out so no rooms were available there, only on the 2nd floor.

When I walked into room 230 at the Super 8 in Albuquerque NM on Iliff RD on Dec 3, 2009, it looked great, we did notice the room across the hall had its door propped wide open with a chair and was drying out. I thought that was strange and maybe someone overflowed the tub. Then my daughter noticed water standing in the bathroom floor. I wiped it up and thought it was a bit strange there was water standing in the bathroom, but it wasn't much, so didn't think anything else. We also noticed the halls had a damp smell and needed vacuuming, not mildew but damp. So we thought it was all good on first inspection and hauled all our things in from the car thinking the room looked nice and clean.

After about 15 min, we took off our shoes and immediately groaned, oh no, our socks were ALL WET! I thought what the heck, and felt the carpet. The carpet was soaked from the front door to the bathroom, then all the way to the edge of the king size bed. At first I thought the room across the hall had flooded my room, so I went down and told the front desk that we needed to switch to a dry room, any room would do, even on the third floor. He very politely and courteously state they had had a pipe freeze and break on the 3rd floor the day before because the temp had gotten down to 19 degrees, and that was the reason the third floor was not in service, he also said there were no other dry rooms available. Later I noticed lots of other guests using the 3rd floor, oh well.

This explained why the hallway carpet was wet, and why the door was open to the other room and drying out, and why some of the ceiling tiles were missing in the hallway, and the slight mildew odor I was now smelling. They had had a mini-disaster in the hotel and had gotten the pipes fixed, but there was still lots of water damage now apparent.

I went back up to room 230 at the Super 8, and took 4 towels from the bathroom and started soaking up the carpet, thinking to myself, why is there always something wrong with a room. 4 towels were now wet. I grabbed the bathroom floor towel too, to use it, and it was already soaked? What the heck, the water must have been coming through the ceiling in the bathroom at one time to get it wet too. Now I was starting to get a bit miffed. Later I learned that what I should have done was gone down to the front desk and told them the room was unacceptable and checked out without staying there and went to another hotel, then I could have disputed the charge on my VISA. Well, live and learn.

I didn't have any more dry towels, I couldn't wear my socks or even slippers in the room, had to scootch around the wet towels and carpet. So I thought I would just sit in bed and use the Super 8 wireless on my laptop. Well, guess what, it would connect, but it didn't work well, and then stopped working. Big surprise there. I thought maybe the flood had knocked out the wireless, but I figured they just didn't know how to run a network. I didn't even bother calling the front desk after the non-help I had gotten before. I could see the Motel 76 wireless connection, and I connected to it just fine, and it was a very fast connection even though it was across two parking lots. I was thinking we should have stayed at the Motel 76 next door, maybe next time.

In the morning we had a decent breakfast, although the room was a mess, every table was dirty, I cleaned off my own table, the single garbage can was overflowing with garbage out onto the floor, they really could use 2 garbage cans in the breakfast area, the pam spray was all gone, so the waffles stuck really good to the waffle iron and were unedible, there was no bread left for toast. I asked for more pam spray and some more bread at the front desk and they got them for us. We were near the end of the breakfast time, but I think they could clean up the breakfast area and restock it a couple times during the morning so that it is nice for all the guests. Just because we were later doesn't mean it should be any less of a nice breakfast. If it had been clean and stocked I would rate it a 9 out of 10 breakfast because of the waffles ... yum.

During breakfast I decided I would ask for a discount at the front desk off of my room rate, I explained what happened and the morning staff person was super apologetic, she kept saying they didn't get you a dry room? I said no and I normally wouldn't ask for a refund but I don't think they should have rented us that room at all, if they would have been up front and told me it was flooded and the carpet was wet I would have not stayed here. She took my name and number and wrote it down and said to look at my credit card bill in a couple days. Well, a week passed and no credit, so I called VISA and asked to dispute the bill. VISA said that I should have not stayed in the room and gone to a different motel, then I could dispute the bill. So much for VISA, so I called the Super 8 and explained that I hadn't gotten a refund yet. They took my name and number and said they would get back to me. No one called for an hour and a half, so I called them back. i think they figured out I wasn't going to go away, so they offered to send me a coupon for another stay at this same Super 8 for $30 plus tax. I said fine, even though I was thinking a full cash refund or even 50% would be more appropriate. I'll let you know if I get the coupon or not.

I wish I could have given them a better rating, but they were inept at cleaning up the mess and should inspected every room after a minor disaster to see if the rooms were rentable or not.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
abqmotels, Owner at Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2010

The reviewer wrote about soaking the wet room with towels. Hotels staff switches the room when there is such a leak. No reason to keep a guest with soaked socks in a room when hotel rooms are not even 50% occupied regularly. Please be advised that there seems to be a problem with review. Hotel will refund money in instances where we have no dry rooms when water leak incident happens Please removehe review.

Reviewed August 2, 2009

This hotel was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. There were beer cans in the window sill, urine in the toilet, hair in the bed! Called manager and he said there was nothing he could do for me. When we went to breakfast, there was no coffee, no bread for toast, and no milk. The eating area was also filthy. All of the floors, including the employee break room as I looked in going down the hall, were uterally filthy!!! Everything smelled, including the sink in the dining area. Manager was foreign speaking and very, very hard to understand. I would never stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Renee A
abqhotels, General Manager at Super 8 Albuquerque West/Coors Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Dear guest,
I apologize for any of the inconviences you encountered with your room. As for the breakfeast we did not have any complaints from other guest reguarding missing items. Again i apologize for the incovience and that you were unable to reach me.

Reviewed September 19, 2008

First - we needed a translator for front desk clerk - very hard to understand - we never rec'd our bill - should have been under the door by the next morning like most places we have stayed,,and OMG the Continental Breakfast,,,does not even qualify for CB - no juice in their machine; white bread only to toast; only fake margarine and jelly for the lousy white toast; bagels were partially frozen; no cream cheese; no peanut butter; luke warm milk; stale cereal [only 2 kinds of sugary type cereal]; no fruit of any kind and had to wait on the desk clerk to make coffee and get fake creamer; we walked out after getting a cup of coffee,,,The room was fairly clean, but a bit musty, towels were like sand paper,...certainly not worth the $100! I have written to corporate as well,,,seems to be okay for the truckers,,,,

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank txfrekles
Reviewed October 16, 2006

We stay here each time we pass through Albuquerque. It is a nice hotel, fairly decent rates. The beds arent the best, but it is a good place to stay for an overnighter. It compares well to some of the other hotels surrounding it. The staff was friendly and parking was easy. There is also elevators to each floor, no dragging luggage up stairs. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple